fourth. Nelson Cruz added two hits for Seattle | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Dec 10 '17
Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. Womens Rockets Jerseys . This week they discuss new Raptors GM Masai Ujiri, former St. Louis Blues forward Andy McDonald, Dodgers rookie Yasiel Puig, and 2013 French Open champion Serena Williams. Dave Naylor, TSN: My thumb is up to new Toronto Raptors GM Masai Ujiri, who took on what may be one the toughest jobs in professional sports this week. But long shots are not something he is afraid of, because he knows this well, he was one himself. One of the things about sports we love is seeing people come from off the radar, late bloomers. We see it in the athletes and occasionally we see it in executives. That is Ujiris story, parlaying a modest college and pro career in Europe into a volunteer scout role with the Orlando Magic, and then climbing the ladder with the Denver Nuggets. The headline in Toronto this week was that the Raptors lured the NBA Executive of the Year; the more significant story is how he got there. Steve Simmons, Sun Media: My thumb is up to Andy McDonald, formerly now of the St. Louis Blues, who announced his retirement from hockey this week even though he could still play in the NHL. McDonald has had five concussions in recent years and over the past three years, for every four games hes played, he has missed three. He wasnt feeling right playing in the NHL, he wasnt feeling right playing hockey and he made the hard decision to walk away now healthy rather than the alternative. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is up to the extraterrestrial playing right field for the Dodgers, rookie Yasiel Puig. An amazing start to a big league career, these are some of the numbers - six games, 10 for 23, four home runs including a grand slam, two outfield assists, hes slugging 1.000, and his OPS is 1.458. If we project this over 162 games, he would have 138 home runs, 324 RBIs and 680 total bases. Thats quite a pace. Dave Hodge, TSN: My thumb has been down to Serena Williams, and Im not sure it has ever been up, but now is the time. Her French Open win yesterday was her 16th major title and it came 11 years after her first one. She can stake her claim as the greatest woman on a tennis court and there is no end in sight to her ways of making a stronger case. She has lost only three times since the 2012 French Open, and has won her last 31 matches - 31 to match her age. We say "remarkable athlete" too often. In the case of Serena Williams, we dont say it enough. Cheap Rockets Jerseys .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. Authentic Rockets Jerseys .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. http://www.cheaprocketsjerseyschina.com/ . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Salvador Perez picked a perfect time for his first pickoff of the season.The star catcher homered, then helped protect the lead by trapping Kyle Seager off first base in the eighth inning to lead the Kansas City Royals over the Seattle Mariners 5-3 Saturday.Perez hit a solo home run off the foul pole in the seventh that gave the Royals a two-run lead. Moments later, the World Series MVP made the defensive play of the game.With runners at the corners and one out, Perez threw down to first baseman Eric Hosmer for his 18th career pickoff.That was Hosmer, Perez said He gives me a sign and I throw the ball right to him. I think he knows more than me.In turn, Hosmer credited the catcher.Thats all him, Hosmer said. Just knowing hes behind the plate youve got to stay close to the bag at all times because hes so quick back there.The pitch takes him that way and he just throws it right back over there, just an unbelievable play and thats why Salvys the best. He changes the game, just completely took all the momentum away from them right there. First and third with one of their big hitters up, it was a huge play.Even Seager had to compliment Perez.You cant get picked off in that situation, but hes pretty special back there. But, I obviously got off too far.Edinson Volquez (8-8) gave up three runs and six hits in six innings.Kelvin Herrera pitched a perfect ninth for his first save since April 10, 2013.Wade Miley (6-6) gave up 10 hits. He left affter Cheslor Cuthberts RBI single made it 4-3 in the sixth. Rockets Jerseys From China. .Cuthbert also doubled and finished with two RBI.Seager hit his 18th homer, tying it at 3 in the fourth. Nelson Cruz added two hits for Seattle.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: LHP Jason Vargas threw a simulated game and manager Ned Yost was encouraged by the progress he showed. Looked good, really good, he said. Three pitches, good changeup, fastball with life. Good breaking ball, good first step. Yost anticipates Vargas could make a return in September.ROSTER MOVEThe Cleveland Indians claimed LHP Tyler Olson off waivers from the Royals and will be sent to Triple-A Columbus. Olson was designated for assignment by the Royals on July 5.UP NEXTIn Sundays finale, former Royals draftee LHP Mike Montgomery (2-3) will get the start for the Mariners against RHP Dillion Gee (3-2). Montgomery was selected in the first round in 2008 and was part of the December 2012 trade with Tampa Bay that brought pitchers Wade Davis and James Shields to Kansas City. Probably cool for Mike, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. I know he was drafted by the Royals, was a high prospect there. The anxiety of going back and pitching against your friends, your teammates, your former teammates, but hes been away long enough now, I hope that its kind of gone away and Im sure hell give us a good effort. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: