ntrast in sheer physics: The outsized S | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Mar 6 '19
TAMPA, Fla. Adidas Ultra Boost Online Australia . -- Those questions about whether Dalvin Cook can recover from a slow start? He just answered them.The shifty Florida State running back rushed for a career-high 267 yards and two touchdowns Saturday, helping the 13th-ranked Seminoles rebound from the most lopsided loss in school history with a 55-35 rout of previously unbeaten USF.Cook has had a quiet season after rushing for a FSU-record 1,691 yards as a sophomore, raising questions about why he had not been as productive in his teams first three games.People get caught up in having the stats, but we have to go out there and play the same football every week. We have to run the ball and we have to pass the ball, we just did a better job this week, Cook said. When (the team) calls my number I just try to get the job done.Cook scored on a 75-yard run on the Seminoles first play from scrimmage, an immediate response to USF starting the game with Quinton Flowers and Rodney Adams teaming on an 84-yard catch-and-run for a quick 7-0 lead. The 213-pound juniors rushing total on 28 carries topped his previous best of 266 yards against South Florida last year.It was very important to answer back. USF came out with a very aggressive game plan and we had to respond with points, Cook said. The offensive line did a good job of giving me space, and I was one-on-one with the safety and I had to beat him.Florida State (3-1) bounced back from being trounced 63-20 by Louisville, a road shellacking that dropped the Seminoles 11 spots in the AP Top 25 from No. 2.Dalvin had a nice day, coach Jimbo Fisher said, though he wasnt happy that his team yielded five touchdowns and 450 yards on defense. We have to learn to finish games and play the full 60 minutes.South Florida (3-1) is off to its fastest start since 2011, however the Bulls were no match for a talented bunch that began the season with expectations of contending for its second national title in four years.I looked at this game as an opportunity for our football team to get a little more respect nationally, South Florida coach Willie Taggart said.We didnt take advantage of that.Marlon Macks 1-yard TD run gave USF a brief lead before Cook, Freddie Stevenson and Bobo Wilson scored on Florida States next three possessions to put the Seminoles up 28-14.Deondre Francois threw for 169 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions. The red-shirt freshman added a 35-yard TD run midway through the fourth quarter.THE TAKEAWAYFlorida State: Losing to Louisville by 43 may have severely damaged the Seminoles chances of winding up in this years College Football Playoff, however getting Cook back on track will give them a chance to have an impact on the race.South Florida: Beating the Seminoles would have been nice, however a better test of where coach Willie Taggarts rebuilding job stands is whether they can shrug off the disappointment and contend for a spot in the AAC championship game.POLL IMPLICATIONSFlorida State tumbled from No. 2 after losing to Louisville, but played like a team thats one of the best in the country. South Florida was hoping to state its case for wider recognition and a spot in the Top 25. The Bulls have improved, but learned theyve got a ways to go to narrow the gap between them and the nations elite programs.COOKINCook only rushed for 228 yards and two TDs the previous three weeks. He had one carry over 20 yards in the first three games. With the junior rolling again, FSU amassed 391 yards total offense in the opening half and finished with 647. Backup Jacques Patrick rushed for 124 yards on 20 carries, and Francois finished with 92 on 10 attempts as the Seminoles finished with 478 on the ground.RUNNING WILDFlowers had little success throwing the ball for South Florida after connecting with Adams on their long TD play to begin the game, however the dual-threat quarterback had a big day running with 159 yards rushing on 18 attempts. Most of the damage came after the Bulls fell behind 45-14. The junior only completed two passes in the first half and finished 5 of 14 for 160 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.GROUNDEDMack led the American Athletic Conference in rushing each of the past two seasons and entered Saturday averaging 9.6 yards per carry. The Seminoles limited him to 42 yards on 12 carries, leaving Mack 95 yards shy of USFs career rushing record.UP NEXTFlorida State: Seminoles return to Tallahassee for their ACC home opener against North Carolina.South Florida: The Bulls begin their AAC schedule next Saturday at Cincinnati. Adidas Ultra Boost Clearance . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. Adidas Ultra Boost Australia .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.cheapultraboostaustralia.com/ . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night.Although Cain Velasquez is a heavy favourite in his heavyweight title defence at UFC 160, the champion says theres no chance he would ever take Antonio Silva lightly. The last guy to do that was Alistair Overeem, and the man-mountain known as "Bigfoot" knocked him out and seized this title shot Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas. "I dont see this as anything less than a hard, grueling fight, and thats what Im expecting," Velasquez said. Yet Velasquez (11-1) realizes almost everybody expects him to wreck Silva (18-4) just as thoroughly as he did one year ago in a first-round knockout at UFC 146, leaving the 6-foot-4 Bigfoot in a bloody heap with hideous cuts on his face. Velasquezs first bout since losing the heavyweight title probably deserved an R rating for violence and gore, and he followed it up by reclaiming his belt in December with a dominant rematch win over Junior Dos Santos. "To me right now, its the most important thing to defend (the belt), just to hold on to it itself," Velasquez said. "This is the position that I want to be in, so I have to go out and perform." Earlier on the UFC 160 card, former heavyweight champion Dos Santos returns to the octagon against surprising Mark Hunt and his late-career run of stunning knockouts, while light heavyweight contender Glover Teixeira angles for a future title shot against New Zealands James Te Huna. Gray Maynard will face T.J. Grant in a lightweight bout, with the winner likely getting the next shot at champion Benson Henderson this fall, and K.J. Noons makes his UFC debut against popular lightweight Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Silva knows hes in an unlikely position, getting a rematch against a champion who thrashed him on the last edition of the UFCs annual heavyweight-centred Memorial Day weekend show in its hometown. But the well-travelled Brazilian veteran rebounded from consecutive losses to Daniel Cormier and Velasquez with stoppage victories over Travis Browne and Overeem, improbably earning another shot at Velasquez. "Obviously in the first fight, I made a biig mistake," Silva said through a translator. Cheap Authentic Ultra Boost. "But there were a lot of things that I did right going into that fight, and that, unfortunately, (fans) didnt get to see. So much of that has been maintained, and overall the main strategy is just not to let his elbows get near my forehead. That would be the change." Silva realizes the UFC probably would have preferred to see Velasquez against Overeem, the touted Dutch kickboxer who still cant stop stumbling on a path to title contention littered with doping woes, upset losses and injuries. But Silva is confident he can improve on last years showing against Velasquez, saying he wont get the same case of nerves he had before making his UFC debut. And if nothing else, the bout is an intriguing contrast in sheer physics: The outsized Silva towers over the 6-foot-1 Velasquez, but cant match the champions uniquely well-rounded athleticism. "I would have to be born again to become faster than Cain Velasquez," Silva said. "Ive got 30 pounds on him. Hes going to be faster than me, so I need to work with what I have, and what I have is very, very heavy hands. ... The heavyweight division is a division where anything can happen. One punch lands, and the fight is over." Although Silva sometimes appears gangly and awkward in the cage, his physical curiosities mask a solid range of mixed martial arts skills. The 33-year-olds career began in England and Japan before moving through various minor-league North American promotions, eventually leading him to Strikeforce and the UFC. Silva only got his first shot at Velasquez after a series of injuries scuttled an original bout against Roy Nelson. But in February 2011, Silva proved why nobody should doubt hes got a shot against Velasquez: He stopped Fedor Emelianenko, the Russian star once perceived to be even more unbeatable than Cain is now. "I like when people underestimate me," Silva said. "Its nice. I get to go out there, and I get to prove them wrong. There are no superheroes in this sport. "Nobody is invincible." ' ' ' 
Share: