http://www.cardinalscheapstore.com | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
chenyan94
chenyan94 Feb 24 '19

The Fitz re-signing was basically a formality Cheap Haason Reddick Jersey , but it doesn’t change the fact it continues to be an issue for the Cardinals.Here is the thing, I am 100% happy to have Fitz back, but there are some harsh realities:Fitz at $11 million is too much money because that is WR1 money in today’s market.The Cardinals WR1 is Fitz, which is why he keeps getting paid.The Cardinals have failed to grow another WR next to Fitz since Anquan Boldin was traded and that makes paying Fitz a must every offseason.Paying Fitz has bought time, but it has also allowed the team to continually kick the can down the road.The team drafted Michael Floyd in 2012 and didn’t invest another top 64 pick in a WR until 2018 with Christian Kirk.They drafted two wide receivers in the top 100 in that time, John Brown and Chad Williams, neither of which worked out in the terms of passing the torch, or even lessening the need for Fitz.Which means that since 2004, the Cardinals have been terrible in their investment at wide receiver through the draft.2005: LeRon McCoy, Pick 2262006: Todd Watkins, Pick 2182007: Steve Breaston, Pick 1422008: Early Doucet, Pick 812010: Andre Roberts, Pick 882011: DeMarco Sampson, Pick 2492012: Michael Floyd, Pick 132013: Ryan Swope, Pick 1742014: John Brown http://www.cardinalscheapstore.com/corey-peters-jersey-cheap , Pick 91 and Walt Powell, pick 1962015: J.J. Nelson, Pick 1592017: Chad Williams, Pick 982018: Christian Kirk, Pick 47None of those picks have gotten a second contract with the team and only two, Michael Floyd and 2007 fifth round pick Steve Breaston, have more than two seasons with 700+ yards.It has been a problem to say the least.Now, the Cardinals sit with the 33rd pick and the 65th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.Can they find a sidekick for Kirk and help pass the torch from Fitzgerald?Wednesday Night Open Thread: Hits and misses from the early part of the Arizona Cardinals season Happy Wednesday night one and all.The Arizona Cardinals are the leader in the clubhouse for the first overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, but we are only at the quarter poll.That means, we have 13 long weeks to go to figure out the Nick Bosa versus Ed Oliver debate, if we get there.However, let’s take a quick run through of what’s going on with the Cardinals and RotB.Our extremely talented writer, Karan Gill has had to step down.Karan was doing the Lord’s work of film breakdown, but he was gobbled up by a larger site who had an opportunity through school for him.I still heavily recommend following along with Karan in his career, he is a bright young man and fantastic football mind.The Sam Bradford debacle was one that should have been avoided, and it falls on the coaching staff for allowing it to take place for three weeks, I’ll expand on this later on this season Cheap Chandler Jones Jersey , but the gist: If a player is coming off a lost season, has no rapport within a team and has never worked with a staff, you should make him play as much as possible, not as little as possible.The evil of Mike McCoy’s offense continues to haunt talented players.Remember, one of the biggest knocks on McCoy in Denver was the volume and complexity of his playbook.It has reared its ugly head in Arizona, stumping talent like David Johnson, as well as the young receivers.Old school coaches really seem to struggle with this.The move back to Andre Smith is one to watch. If you like PFF grades, no offensive lineman has been better for AZ than John Wetzel.Robert Nkemdiche has been a revelation in 2018.For all the problems of the first four weeks of the Steve Wilks era, Diche, Patrick Peterson and Josh Bynes have grasped the concepts of the defense and flourished.Wide receivers that could make sense at the top of round two for the Cardinals in 2019 that I have watched:N’Keal Harry, ASUAnthony Johnson, BuffaloJ.J. Arcega-Whiteside, StanfordQuick Hits:The rain has been lovely the last couple of days, but it better clear up because it is finally football season for my boys on Saturday.Chad Williams work with Josh Rosen is one of the most important and underrated storylines of the rest of 2018.You know the Suns are back in the news when there are arguments on The Twitter about whether he had a double/double. Hope that carries into the season.The best football game of the season is going to be the Chiefs at the Rams on Monday Night Football on 11/19.There is not a single game I am more looking forward to this season.Enjoy your night everyone.

Share: