Bud Light unveils 9’ statue of Nick | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
laiyongcai92
laiyongcai92 Feb 21 '19

Foles Womens Jake Elliott Jersey , Doug Pederson calling ‘Philly Philly’ in the Super Bowl Bud Light released a teaser last week, announcing they had one more surprise for the Super Bowl-winning Philadelphia Eagles, and would unveil their gift the day before the 2018 regular season opener.That day was Wednesday, and the time was 10:30 a.m. ET, when they dropped the cover, revealing a gigantic nine-foot statue, capturing the moment when Nick Foles asked head coach Doug Pederson, “You want ‘Philly Philly?’” during the Super Bowl.We all know what happened after that, resulting in one of the best plays in Super Bowl history, and setting the course for the city’s first Super Bowl win.The statue will be on display on HeadHouse Plaza as part of Bud Light’s fan activation space at Lincoln Financial Field.It’s a very cool honor for a head coach who I would expect to be the longterm guy in Philly, and a quarterback who started his career here, but is ultimately still the backup. This is a great way to honor Nick Foles and what he’s done for the organization...but they better build a Carson one when he wins his first Super Bowl, too. The Bleeding Green Nation writers picks are in for Super Bowl LIII.As you can see, the BGN staff is unanimously picking the New England Patriots to defeat the Los Angeles Rams. And very much begrudgingly so. Feel free to post your own predictions or discuss the writer predictions in the comments. You can also vote for who you think will win the games. I’ll tally those results in a “BGN Community” column. Vote in the polls beneath the table.Let’s get to this week’s picks!Super Bowl 2019 PicksBGN PicksBLGBenjaminCodyAlexisTylerJamesLeeBGN ReadersBGN PicksBLGBenjaminCodyAlexisTylerJamesLeeBGN ReadersBRANDON LEE GOWTONThe 2018 Super Bowl was the only one in history that actually matters so I don’t even know why Sunday’s game is being played. I’ll take the Patriots because Jared Goff has stunk in the playoffs (56.6% completion, 6.5 yards per attempt, 2 TD, 1 INT, 78.9 passer rating) and Sean McVay isn’t nearly as good as people make him out to be. His cowardice will play a big role in why the Pats why this game. FINAL SCORE: Patriots 33, Rams 23.BENJAMIN SOLAKI’m (probably) rooting for the Rams, but I have no interest in betting against the Patriots in any Super Bowl that Doug Pederson isn’t coaching. We laud Sean McVay’s offense because its simple and elegant -- it does a lot of similar Authentic Cameron Johnston Jersey , predictable things really, really well, and then builds off of those with good counters. But Belichick is the best coach ever because he’s so good at taking away what you’re best at, and McVay doesn’t try to hide that at all -- so unless he comes with counters on top of wrinkles on top of curveballs, I expect Belichick to have him dialed up. Patriots by a lot.CODY BENJAMINBoy, it’s sure a different feel without the Eagles in the Super Bowl, isn’t it? The Rams should put up a fight, and they’re probably good for at least a handful of splash plays — maybe a deep Brandin Cooks ball, an Aaron Donald sack and a big Marcus Peters deflection. Otherwise, though, I have no concerns whatsoever riding with the Patriots. Yes, they can be beaten, but ... (insert your favorite Tom Brady and/or Bill Belichick big-game stat). This just feels like the icing on the cake that is New England’s dynasty, especially after everyone assumed Brady and Co. were crumbling in the wake of Super Bowl LII. I don’t take issue with a Patriots win, either. Everyone loves to trash them because of their past, but that criticism has gone a wee bit overboard. Plain and simple, this is just a great franchise with a historic coach and quarterback. They’ll get their sixth ring on Sunday.ALEXIS CHASSENI’m not picking the Rams, but I refuse to put in writing that I’m picking their opponent. Yes, I’m petty. No, I don’t care. As much as I want the Rams to win Authentic Jay Ajayi Jersey , I think Jared Goff relies too much on Sean McVay and his headset to run an effective offense against the Patriots. They’ve got all the weapons they need to pull off a win, but with McVay not actually allowed on the field to lead the huddle, I don’t see them getting the victory. Plus, I think the Patriots are still super bitter about losing to the Eagles last year, and are somehow still buying into the whole (completely asinine) underdog mentality.(The thought of Tom Brady getting another ring makes me physically ill.)TYLER JACKSONI believe it’s a close game just because historically that’s how each New England Super Bowl goes, but I believe the Patriots take this one in a similar fashion to how they beat the Eagles in SB 39. Take a double digit lead and hang on to win.Jared Goff has a glaring, paralyzing weakness and Belichick knows that. His strength as a coach has been to take away what you do best and beat him elsewhere. Naturally that would imply talking away the run game. It’s going to take Goff playing out of his mind and Aaron Donald having the best game of his season in what’s arguably been the greatest season ever for an interior lineman for the Rams to win. Some may point to the fact the Eagles came in as underdogs and beat New England last season, but the Eagles marched through the NFC as opposed to the Rams, who limped through it. Patriots 30, Rams 23.JAMES KEANEI hate this game. I hate this game, I hate this game, I hate this game. I so much wanted last year’s Eagles victory over the Patriots to be even bigger than what it was. I still appreciate it for what it is, but it was supposed to be the moment that destroyed the Evil Empire. Sadly, it wasn’t. Instead, here the Patriots are, in the Super Bowl yet again, looking for redemption. I feel I have to repeat that. Of all the silly, messed up things in this world, it’s the New England Patriots who are in the Super Bowl looking to redeem themselves. And because the timeline in which we live is cruel and unforgiving, they will. There is no chance in hell Brady and Belichick will lose again to a team with a second year head coach and a QB who has never been there before. They’ve seen that movie before Womens Dallas Goedert Jersey , and McVay’s Rams don’t possess the magic necessary to conjure a victory. The Eagles did that last year and the Patriots won’t be victimized again. I hate this game.LEE SIFFORDAfter a lot of thought, I truly think the Patriots will win. The Rams have been a great story this season, but history is against them. Tom Brady, who has been to more Super Bowls that ANY OTHER NFL TEAM, simply lives to play in games like this. After losing just a year ago, this game has New England written all over it. Also, as much as it hurts me, I will be rooting for the Pats on Sunday. Another win for Tom Brady is just another win for Tom Brady. A Super Bowl win for Jared Goff and Sean McVay is something that, quite frankly, I don’t think the world is ready for. DAVE MANGELSThis is tough. On one hand, you have the best coach and most accomplished QB. On the other, Sean McVay has now had two weeks to learn the names of everyone on the Patriots, and it’s possible that when the coaches meet in the pre-game warm up to exchange pleasantries that seeing McVay in the flesh, if not touching him in a handshake, will cause Bill Belichick to be distracted for several hours. This game will be close because the all of the Patriots Super Bowls are close, last year’s 8 point game was the largest point differential in any of their Belichick/Brady Super Bowls. And that’s why I’m taking the Patriots. Sean McVay doesn’t trust his QB and when it’s time to get aggressive, he’s a coward. We’ve seen time and again that if you are risk averse against the Patriots, you lose.MAKE YOUR SUPER BOWL PICK

Share: