The problem with forecasting the Philadelphia | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
laiyongcai92
laiyongcai92 Feb 21 '19

Eagles isn’t that we don’t know what they’re capable of. The reigning Super Bowl champions aren’t some terrible team that’s prone to getting blown out. At the very least Cheap Dallas Goedert Jersey , they’ve been in all of their games this year. They were even the ones blowing out the Giants in Week 6.And had the Eagles merely held on to a 17-0 lead last week, a lot of people would be feeling really confident in this team moving forward.But that’s not the reality of the situation. The Eagles did drop a game they had no business losing.The problem with making predictions with this team, then, is not about what they’re capable of ... but when they’re capable of it. For their sake, the Eagles better find themselves capable against a Jaguars team that’s really struggling recently. In their last three matchups, Jacksonville has allowed 30 points per game and has only scored just over nine points per game. That’s very bad. #Analysis.The much-maligned Blake Bortles has obviously contributed to the Jags’ issues. Jacksonville finally decided to bench him last week ... only to announce he’d be their starter for this London game. It’s actually not the craziest move given that he’s thrown eight touchdowns to one interception in his last three games overseas. In an Eagles season that’s been frustrating, it would be very fitting for Bortles to ineplxicably torch Philadelphia’s defense. We already saw Marcus Mariota do this to Jim Schwartz’s unit earlier this year. The fact that Malcolm Jenkins gave Bortles some extra motivation doesn’t help to feel less uneasy. It’s very difficult to have confidence in this Eagles team right now after seeing them lose the way they did against the Panthers.But you know what? I’m going to say the Eagles bounce back. This is a team that’s struggled to create turnovers this season. Some of that stuff is just luck. And maybe the Eagles are due for some picks and/or fumble recoveries while playing a Jaguars team that ranks second in the league in total giveaways.Another reason why I have some level of faith in the Eagles is because Nelson Agholor might be able to finally get going. Jacksonville is down to their third string option at nickel cornerback: rookie safety Ronnie Harrison. The Jaguars are without three of their top four corners in general. A struggling Eagles offense needs to take advantage.Ultimately Cheap Nelson Agholor Jersey , my optimism is tempered, as you can see in my final score prediction. I don’t think the Eagles turn in a pretty performance. I’m expecting another ugly game and it’ll hardly be shocking if Philadelphia manages to lose once again. But one of the biggest deciding factors in this prediction is that the Eagles have Carson Wentz and he’s much better than Bortles. I just can’t take Bortles over Wentz.Suggested format:Score prediction:Bold prediction:My predictions:Score prediction: 20-19, Eagles win.Bold prediction: Jalen Mills logs a pick six. Fan predictions:Bleeding Green Nation FanPulse (survey of Eagles fans): Eagles favored by 4 pointsBig Cat Country FanPulse (survey of Jaguars fans): Eagles favored by 8 pointsLeave your own predictions in the comments. The New Orleans Saints had their best offensive output against the defending Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles in their 48-7 win back in Week 11. In fact, their 546 yards of offense was their best dating back to November of 2016.Not everything has been rainbows and lollipops for the Saints’ offense. Football Outsiders highlighted the Saints recent struggles in their NFC Divisional Round Preview.That regression has been tied to a drop off in production and effectiveness from future Hall of Fame quarterback Drew Brees.Drew Brees, Weeks 1-11: 76.4% completion, 8.8 yards per attempt, 29 touchdowns Authentic Alshon Jeffery Jersey , 2 interceptions, 127.3 QB RatingDrew Brees, Weeks 12-16: 69.2% completion, 6.4 yards per attempt, 3 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 84.7 QB RatingAs always with quarterbacks stats there are several factors to consider. The Saints have lacked a solid number two receiver http://www.philadelphiaeaglesteamonlines.com/stefen-wisniewski-jersey , but have recently gotten back deep threat Ted Ginn Jr. They’ll not only use him as a deep threat, but will also work him as an intermediate target in vertical stretching three-man route combinations.That could be trouble for an Eagles’ defense that allowed 8 explosive passing plays against the Saints. Not all is the same for them either though, as their struggles with injuries in the defensive backfield are well documented.To help paint a better picture of what’s going on with the Saints, I spoke with two analysts I trust. The first is my usual host on The QB Scho Show, Mark Schofield. The next was Seth Galina, who knows the Saints’ offense inside and out.You can listen to their thoughts on the matter by lending your ears to The QB Scho Show #10! You can listen to it on the media player below or by clicking here if the player doesn’t load. FLY EAGLES FLY!

Share: