two this season for Arizona Cardinals and nine last season for the Rams.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and -- http://www.twitter. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Feb 16 '19
Christmas cheer is in short supply at the Stadium of Light. Wholesale Adidas Superstar Cheap .Sunderland (3-2-11) are rooted to the foot of the table and in desperate need of results heading into Saturdays match with Watford.But the festive fixture list hasnt been kind.A 1-0 defeat to table-toppers Chelsea in midweek is soon to be followed by tricky fixtures against Manchester United and Liverpool over the festive period… and that doesnt coexist comfortably with coach David Moyes 2016 target for his team.Ive been saying that its important to win three or four games before Christmas -- that would be a real big thing, Moyes said. If we could be in a position after winning four or five games, then I could say OK, I fancy my chances of getting us out of it in the homeward stretch. But we need to get to that point by January.Were back on the bottom, but weve been there for most of it so its not something new to us. But we arent back at square one, because weve got ourselves back in with a fighting chance. Were going to have to make sure that were stuck together, and thats why Ive been saying that winning a few games now is so important.Hope for the Black Cats comes in both their home form and the managers attacking tactical switch in recent weeks.The introduction of Victor Anichebe alongside Jermain Defoe in attack has added thrust and variety to the Sunderland forward line, helping spark a run of three wins in the last six games that gives them a chance of avoiding relegation.But there is still much work to do.In contrast, Saturdays visitors Watford (6-3-7) can be confident of finishing in mid-table, despite inconsistencies that are limiting the clubs chances of challenging for the European places.The Hornets have a squad of unfulfilled quality -- or overhyped journeymen -- which is perfectly encapsulated in the shape of Troy Deeney.An unfashionable striker who never scores huge numbers of goals but has done enough to hold off bigger named competition for his place, Deeney is a player whose career could disappear without a trace, but could just as easily see him rise into contention for England selection.Deeney is special, ex-Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores said. I know hes special. Hes really lovely. The work of the player at the club is amazing. He knows every one of the players by name -- not just the first team, but the academy too.Hes a good player and the style of this player is very British. I think maybe one day he will be ready for the national team.Unfortunately for Deeney, he will be denied assistance against Sunderland due to injury concerns for a number of his Watford cohorts, including Stefano Okaka, Adrian Mariappa, Brice Dja Djedje, Valon Behrami, Roberto Pereyra and Craig Cathcart.Sunderland have a host of injury problems to contend with themselves. Paddy McNair, Duncan Watmore, Brad Jones, Jack Rodwell and Lee Cattermole are all out. Stephen Pienaar and Victor Anichebe are doubts.Cheap Adidas Superstar Online . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. Cheap Adidas Superstar . Speaking to the Chicago Tribune at baseballs Winter Meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Boras called the former home of the Expos a "tremendous environment" for baseball. http://www.cheapadidassuperstar.us/ . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Odell Beckham Jr. wants the ball any way he can get it.If that means the big-play wide receiver adds the job of returning punts for the New York Giants, hes up for it.Beckham showed what he could do as a returner in the fourth quarter of the Giants 27-13 win over Cleveland on Sunday, fielding Britton Colquitts 54-yard punt, finding an opening in the converging Browns, and then cutting across the field for a 59-yard touchdown return .It was typical Beckham. He turned nothing into something and woke up the Giants.The touchdown was nullified by Mark Herzlichs holding penalty, but it again showed how much of a game breaker Beckham can be.Dont forget he also caught two touchdowns against Cleveland as the Giants (8-3) ran their winning streak to six games.Hopefully we get another chance to run some back, Beckham said Wednesday, looking forward to Sundays game in Pittsburgh.Its something Ive been doing pretty much all my life. Ive done punt return and kick return. Its just what it is. Its just another opportunity. They punt it and that ball is going straight to you. Your teammates are out there making the blocks. You just have to make cuts off of them.Beckham said returning and getting the feel for the ball helps him get going on offense.Hopefully you dont get hit but you get an opportunity to get tackled, said the 24-year-old, whose 65 catches are tied for seventh in the league.Its a lot of fun. Its something that I do enjoy. Hopefully I can help this team out in that way or whatever way I can.Beckham has practiced fielding punts all season. Dwayne Harris has handled the job almost all season, but he has been bothered by a wrist injury and running back Bobby Rainey handled the job against the Browns.Rainey fumbled a punt in the second quarter and Beckham took over in the second half, averaging 11.7 yards on three returns.Steelers coach Mike Tomlin saw the videotape of Beckham returning punts and was impressed.He needs no endorrsement from me, he looks like a dangerous guy, Tomlin said. Adidas Superstar Wholesale China. Guys like him, theyre capable of distinguishing themselves regardless of what you ask them to do. Hes a competitor, a skilled athlete, a playmaker, and thats what they do.Harris isnt sure whether he will be able to return punts this week, but he added his wrist is feeling better.Coach Ben McAdoo said he will make a decision on a punt returner later in the week.Beckham injured a thumb against the Browns last week in the first half but he played through it. He is not worried about it, or even the prospect that he might be hurt returning punts. Its a job that rarely is done by a teams best skilled player.You could do that playing football or crossing the street, Beckham said of the potential for injury. Its part of life. I dont really worry about being hurt at all. Its in Gods hands.I put the best preparation in my body that I can and take care of it the best that I can in order to go out there and not get hurt. Me being back there on punt return, getting hurt or anything like that is not really something Im worried about. It can happen on any play.Game notes RB Shane Vereen has been designated for return from injured reserve and practiced for the first time since tearing a triceps against Washington (Sept. 25). The Giants have 21 days to activate him or he stays on IR the rest of the season. ... Gs Brett Jones (calf), Justin Pugh (knee) and Marshall Newhouse (knee) practiced on a limited basis. ... S Nat Berhe (concussion), LB Mark Herzlich (concussion) and DE Owa Odighizuwa (knee) did not practice. ... Safety Christian Bryant was signed to the practice squad. He has played in 11 NFL games, two this season for Arizona Cardinals and nine last season for the Rams.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and -- http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ;Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap JerseysCheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '
Share: