a few ideas about changes that could be made but preferred to keep those to himse | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Feb 15 '19
Indias shooting woes continued with Gagan Narang, finishing in the 13th position with 623. Kenneth Faried Jersey .1 points, failing to make the final of the 50m rifle prone event.Chain Singh, the other Indian in the fray, ended in 36th spot among 47 shooters with a score of 619.6. The top eight athletes from the qualification phase advanced to the final.Shooting 104.7 in the first series, Narang moved into fourth position before moving up by a spot midway through the third. His below-par scores in the last three series, particularly in the fourth and sixth series - 103, 104 and 102.4 - made it difficult for him to climb back among the top eight.It was an immensely difficult day for Narang who had focused on the 50m prone as his first choice event for the last few years after having won a bronze in the 10m Air Rifle at London. On another cold, windy day at the shooting range, he put in a strong performance only to falter right towards the end. At the end of 55 of the 60 shots, Narang was placed seventh and had he continued to shoot at the same level he had been at the earlier point of the competition, Narang was sure to have made the final.However, his 56th shot was a 9.5 which was an immediate setback. It set in a chain reaction of lower 10s and threw him at the back of the field. With the leading contenders holding up their scores, Narang tumbled out of the top-10 and ended up 13th, unable to recover with the high tens he needed to shoot. It was a dispiriting moment as Narang finished his round and looked at the scoring charts. He waited for confirmation of the final placings but Narang knew his chance had gone. He shook his head disconsolately and stared emptily at the range for an extended period. As he walked past the media corps, Narang nodded gently to the request for an interaction.His agony though was visible as most of his answers were unfinished sentences. He is an experienced shooter at his fourth Olympics but this perhaps was the most devastating blow of his career. Commendably he held the tears back though they were welling up as he answered questions. While another event awaits him on the 14th, he faces very long odds to win a medal. For the Indian shooting contingent, the despair continues and the prospect of returning home empty handed is now very real - an outcome that no one imagined especially after four medals were clinched at the last three Olympics.During the qualification round, each shooter fires 60 shots within 50 minutes. The maximum qualification score is 654.0 points. Both Narang and Chain will next compete in the 50m rifle 3 position event on Sunday.Speaking after the event, Narang said that he had high expectations from himself in this event. This was the event I was preparing for and I had a good feeling about it. I fought very hard till the very end and was in it till the 55th shot - the last four shots put me out of the final. I gave my best, I gave all I had. The wind was tricky today, sometimes blowing sometimes not. I didnt miss too many shots with the wind today but last four shots cost me.Narang said that he had shifted his focus to the prone event for this years Olympics. Strategically I chose another event to qualify in because I would obviously carry excess baggage from the last Olympics having won a medal in the Air Rifle. That is the reason I chose prone, of course there is pressure of being a medalist but that was in Air Riflle.Prone was a new event for me and I left no stone unturned. In prone, the ammunition is very important, if you dont have that and a good barrel you cant run your race with your hands tied. I struggled a lot to find good ammunition and the amount of testing and the ammunition that I had, it all fell in place but I guess the last four shots....I will have to go back and think what exactly happened. I will have to run it through my mind again.Narang looked to be in good form in the first three series but low scores in the fourth and sixth series cost him a chance of making the finals.I just wanted the shoot a good score. If I continued to shoot the way I was in the first 30 shots, I knew I would make the final. Obviously I wasnt seeing the scoreboard. Yes, the pressure was immense. One 9.5 that I shot the wind was a lot on that, I think everybody shot a 9.5 on that shot who was on my left and right. It baffled me, I didnt understand why that happened. Thats like one point gone already!Narang said that he had no plans of quitting the sport and would continue shooting. Definitely I would like to shoot more. This is definitely not the end for me. I have another event though it is not my main event but fingers crossed, if I have a good day and shooting well in all three events, it is just about putting it together on one day. Gary Harris Jersey .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. Tyler Lydon Jersey . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3. http://www.nuggetsprostore.com/...lsap-nuggets-jersey/ . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said.TORONTO -- Left with nothing play for at the World Cup of Hockey, coach John Tortorella told his United States players to play a game for themselves.They played hard, gave effort in a meaningless round-robin finale but still lost 4-3 to the Czech Republic on Thursday night. With an 0-3-0 record and a minus-6 goal differential, the U.S. finished seventh among eight teams, ahead of only Finland.The bottom line is we leave here with nothing, Tortorella said. Certainly we cant be happy about that.Previous losses to Team Europe and Canada eliminated the Americans from contention. While Canada, Sweden, Europe and Russia prepare for the semifinals this weekend, the U.S. and Czech Republic played out the string in front of a half-empty arena.Joe Pavelski, Justin Abdelkader and Ryan McDonagh scored for the U.S., which did not unravel in a meaningless game like it did in the 2014 Olympic bronze medal game. Ben Bishop allowed four goals on 20 shots in two periods, and Cory Schneider made seven saves in relief.Petr Mrazek stopped 36 of the 39 shots he faced to backstop the Czech Republic to its first victory. Milan Michalek scored twice and Zbynek Michalek and Andrej Sustr each had a goal.U.S. players promised they wouldnt mail it in with nothing to play for. A result of human nature, it felt like an all-star game with a lack of real physicality as everyone wanted to get through without getting injured.I thought some guys gave some really true efforts, Tortorella said. We just didnt find a way to win the hockey game.Afterward, Tortorella broke from his usual routine and addressed the team.McDonagh said the message was, Keep your heads up, youre all great players. You all represent your country to the best of your ability and you were a great group to be around.Frustration boiled over for Dustin Byfuglien at the final buzzer as he went after Czech defenseman Michal Jordan. A healthy scratch in the tournament opener, the Winnipeg Jets defenseman had a beautiful pass to set up Abdelkaders goal and was one of the best players on the ice.. Alex English Jersey. collection of fans spent stretches of the first period chanting, Lets go Kessel! and We want Kessel! Stanley Cup-winning Pittsburgh Penguins winger Phil Kessel was left off the U.S. team and made light of that on Twitter on Tuesday night after the Americans lost to Canada.That was a must-win game for the U.S. after opening the tournament with what Patrick Kane called a dud against Europe. General manager Dean Lombardi blamed not being prepared for that game for the U.S. bowing out of the World Cup.I dont think we showed enough respect for the talent on that team, Lombardi said Thursday morning.Lombardi said that the 3-0 loss to Europe put the U.S. behind the proverbial 8-ball that felt like a boulder. The Los Angeles Kings GM has seen his team come back from a 3-0 playoff deficit but described the locker room after losing to Europe as tight, and the U.S. was never able to adequately respond.We needed to do a better job than what we did, but theres a lot of good players in that room, captain Joe Pavelski said. We kind of beat ourselves a little bit.Getting almost skated out of the rink by Canada wasnt entirely unexpected, but players acknowledged their recipe to move on was to beat Europe and the Czech Republic. They didnt do either, and USA Hockey faces plenty of questions about how it will bounce back for the 2018 Olympics, if NHL players participate.Tortorella said he had a few ideas about changes that could be made but preferred to keep those to himself. He doesnt want USA Hockey to overreact despite a lackluster showing on a big stage.Weve just got to slow ourselves down and dissect whats happened, he said. It certainly isnt good. But not to the extent as far as the chatter all around us. I think weve got to block out the noise, re-assess where we went and see what we can do to get us better as an organization.---Follow Stephen Whyno on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/SWhyno Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '
Share: