dbrandtAP Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap N | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Feb 14 '19
LONG POND, Pa. Air Max 90 Outlet Italia . -- Sage Karam isnt competing this year at Pocono Raceway. Its been a year since a freak accident claimed the life of fellow driver Justin Wilson.Karam was leading the IndyCar race a year ago at the 2.5-mile track in rural Pennsylvania when he spun and crashed in the closing laps. Wilson was fatally struck in the helmet by debris from Karams car. The 37-year-old Englishman died the next day.For the 21-year-old Karam, its not so easy to understand the accident was a tragedy out of his control.Its different for me, Karam said at the racetrack, where Union Jacks flying at half-staff in honor of Wilson. Im not racing here this year. If I was racing, going around the track would give me some weird feelings. I know Im here in the spot that changed my life forever.Karam lost his ride with Chip Ganassi after last season because of sponsorship difficulties. Hes raced in the IndyCar Series once this year -- in the Indianapolis 500 in a one-off ride with Dreyer & Reinbold -- and wrecked for the second straight year after briefly leading the race.Wilsons younger brother, Stefan, also ran the 500, a tribute to his brother and part of the healing process for both families.Sage and I speak a lot about Justin, said Karams dad, Jody, his voice tinged with emotion. I think as much as Sage suffered and our family feels the pain of what happened, we always keep in the back of our minds that family is suffering more.As a family, weve supported Sage and made all the right moves. I think hes doing all the right things to get back to where he needs to be mentally and emotionally.Wilsons widow and two young girls attended the Indy 500, but they wont be at Pocono. The memory of that tragic day remains nevertheless, evidenced by the JW painted on the track at the finish line.Karam, of Nazareth, Pennsylvania, knows theres another step to take on the track.Every time I think about IndyCar racing, the biggest memory in my mind is that day, he said. I see flashbacks in Turn 1. I feel like I need to do it for myself, go through Turn 1 again flat out. I think that would be the last part of it.---AP Auto Racing Website: www.racing.ap.org---Follow Kekis on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Greek1947 ;Air Max 90 Scontate .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Air Max 90 Offerta . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. http://www.airmax90scontate.it/ .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. HOOVER, Ala. -- In a story July 11 about issues in the Southeastern Conference, The Associated Press reported erroneously that SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey said this about potential guidelines on time demands for college athletes: I know that we will have continuing conversations around those issues. I wont predict outcomes. And well see if that leads to a statement, first from this conference, and if we collectively should say things. I think that might be the next step. Sankey was talking about potential eligibility standards for incoming recruits with serious misconduct issues.A corrected version of the story is below:SECs Greg Sankey: `We weep, we mourn for shooting victimsSoutheastern Conference Commissioner Greg Sankey scrapped much of his planned speech at the leagues annual media days to decry the wave of shootings across the countryBy DAVID BRANDTAP Sports WriterHOOVER, Ala. -- Southeastern Conference Commissioner Greg Sankey scrapped much of his planned speech at the leagues annual media days to decry the wave of shootings across the country.This is one of those times in our nation where we weep, we mourn, for those families and cities who have experienced loss, Sankey said.Sankey said the shooting in Dallas that killed five police officers was particularly personal because he lived in the city for 11 years. One of the SECs schools, LSU, is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, which is where Alton Sterling was killed by police after being pinned to the pavement by two white officers.He hoped the SEC -- and sports in general -- could provide a bridge in understanding during social strife.Sports brings people together, Sankey said. I think our universities do as well, and we need to be mindful and attentive to that reality and the opportunities associated with that reality.Vanderbilt linebacker Oren Burks agreed that football gives athletes a unique platform.I feel that its terrible to see innocent people killed for no reason, Burks said. Whether its African-Americans or cops, it doesnt matter. We need to have a sense of honor and respect for human life. I feel like thats basically all that needs to be said.Sankey also paid tribute to the late Pat Summitt. Tennesssees Hall of Fame womens basketball coach died last month at 64, more than five years after being diagnosed with early onset dementia, Alzheimers type. Scarpe Air Max 90 Scontate. Pat was a pillar of the Southeastern Conference, Sankey said. Shes on par with many of the great names, may have set the standard for all of the great names that are a part of this conference. Her impact is felt every day in the lives of the young people she mentored.The leagues 14 teams will conduct interviews throughout the week in Hoover.Here are some other league issues that Sankey addressed on Monday:- Sankey said he believes the league is doing very well in NCAA rules compliance, noting that in August, there was no league school under NCAA probation for the first time since 1984.But with Mississippi and Missouri both under current NCAA investigation, thats likely to change soon.We hope both of the current matters are completed in a timely manner, Sankey said. We understand there are issues that arise. Thats why the expectation for integrity is so high. And as we move forward together, we cant have any more of those issues.- The commissioner said he wasnt sure if the Power Five conferences, including the ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big Ten and Pac-12, would come together to issue some sort of eligibility guidelines for incoming recruits with serious misconduct issues.I know that we will have continuing conversations around those issues, Sankey said. I wont predict outcomes. And well see if that leads to a statement, first from this conference, and if we collectively should say things. I think that might be the next step.- The commissioner paid tribute to several other longtime SEC figures who have recently announced their retirement, including Florida and South Carolina football coach Steve Spurrier, and Florida athletics director Jeremy Foley.Sankey also praised longtime broadcaster Verne Lundquist, whose last season calling SEC games will be this fall.-----Visit the APs college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org .---Follow David Brandt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/davidbrandtAP ;Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China JerseysWholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '
Share: