irst time since 2009 despite winning 20 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Dec 8 '17
BALTIMORE -- The Army football team and its fans around the world can finally rejoice. Camiseta De Messi Para Niños .No longer will they have to listen to barbs from Navy or lament another missed opportunity in the biggest game of the year.At long last, The Streak is over.Army ended a 14-year run of frustration against the Midshipmen, using an overpowering running game and opportunistic defense to carve out a long overdue 21-17 victory Saturday.With future commander in chief Donald Trump looking on, the Black Knights blew a 14-point lead before quarterback Ahmad Bradshaw scored on a 9-yard run with 6:42 left to give Army the win it had been waiting for since 2001.The Black Knights 14-game losing streak was the longest by either academy in a series that began in 1890. Army (7-5) now trails 60-50-7 in one of the nations historic rivalries.We heard for a long time here at West Point about the streak and all that, Army coach Jeff Monken said. It feels good to be a part of the team that put that to an end.Navy (9-4) was coming off a physical 34-10 loss to Temple in the American Athletic Conference title game and had only one week to prepare for Army with a new quarterback, sophomore Zach Abey, who was making his first college start. Abey took over Will Worth, who broke his foot against Temple.Abey ran for two touchdowns but passed for only 89 yards and was intercepted twice. Navy had four turnovers, three in the first half.I take a lot of responsibility for the game, Abey said. Obviously, in the first half I made some bad decisions. I feel horrible for the seniors.This senior class at Navy has accounted for 37 wins, most ever at the Academy over a four-year period. But theyll never forget this defeat.It hurts a little bit. It hurts a lot a bit, senior receiver Jamir Tillman said. We will take this loss into the offseason and use this as inspiration and run with it.That was a mantra chanted by the Black Knights for the past 14 years. Not anymore.Im just happy for our seniors, Monken said. The sense of pride that theyll have to go on, having beaten Navy, having beaten our biggest rival in their senior year. Its great for everybody in that locker room. I want them to enjoy it.By halftime, Army led 14-0 and owned a 14-1 advantage in first downs.After watching from the Navy side of the field before halftime, Trump visited the TV booth on the Army side in the third quarter. The interview with the president-elect coincided with a big shift in momentum.In the second half we made some adjustments, and those helped us out pretty well, Navy defensive end Amos Mason said.Andy Davidson lost a fumble on the Black Knights first possession of the second half and the Midshipmen recovered at the Army 32. A screen pass for 16 yards set up a 1-yard touchdown run by Abey to get Navy to 14-7.Minutes later, the Midshipmen got a field goal after a replay overturned a lost fumble by Abey at the Army 11.A 41-yard touchdown run by Abey gave Navy the lead with 12:42 remaining. But Army wasnt done.The Black Knights put together a 12-play, 80-yard drive that lasted nearly seven minutes and ended with Bradshaws TD.It was a great feeling, the junior quarterback said. I cant describe it. It just felt amazing. Our team worked really hard for this to happen today.Bradshaw went 2 for 4 for 35 yards and an interception in Armys first win in Baltimore since 1944.Davidson ran for 87 yards and two first-half scores, and Kell Walker carried 16 times for 94 yards.NEVER QUITSome teams might fold after letting a two-touchdown lead vanish. Not Army.When they took the lead 17-14 ... maybe some teams get that look in their eye of doubt, or concern, Monken said. But I think our guys just knuckled down and were determined that they were going to win.FAREWELL VERNEThis was the final football game in the broadcasting career of 76-year-old Verne Lundquist. He was cheered by the crowd during a live shot on the scoreboard.THE TAKEAWAYArmy: The Black Knights appear to be on the upswing under Monken, now in his third season. Theyre headed to a bowl game and have a victory over Navy to celebrate.Navy: The Midshipmen are staggering to the end of the season after a 9-2 start. The loss to Temple was tough to take, but this was much, much worse.UP NEXTArmy: The Black Knights meet North Texas in the Heart of Dallas Bowl, Armys first postseason action since 2010.Navy: The Midshipmen face Louisiana Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl on Dec. 23. It will be Navys 13th bowl appearance in the last 14 years.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ;Camiseta De Messi . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. Camiseta Lionel Messi . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. http://www.tiendacamisetadebarcelona.es/ . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. WACO, Texas -- Al Freeman scored 16 points and Baylor cruised to a 76-61 victory over Oral Roberts on Friday night.Freeman was 6 of 9 from the floor and made three 3-pointers. Manu Lecomte, who sat out last year after transferring from Miami, added 13 points and 10 assists without a turnover.Its a great feeling. I was a little nervous before the game, Lecomte said. Obviously, I havent played in a year and a half, so I was a little nervous.Jo Lual-Acuil Jr., who missed last season due to a heart condition, added 12 points and nine rebounds for the Bears.The Bears shot 55.6 percent in the first half and took a 38-31 lead into intermission before pulling away midway through the second half. Their 10 3-pointers helped offset a 38-22 edge in the paint for Oral Roberts.I thought last year defensively, we struggled at the 3-point line, Baylor coach Scott Drew said. And I thought we shared the ball well. Anytime you have 10 assists, zero turnovers from the point guard play, thats hard to beat. Very impressive performance from Manu.Emmanuel Nzekwesi scored 15 points to lead the Golden Eagles, who didnt have another player reach double figures.I give Baylor a lot of credit especially on the defensive end, Oral Roberts coach Scott Sutton said. They held two of our best players to 6-for-26 shooting, and youre not going to beat any goood team on the road when Albert (Owens) and Jalen (Bradley) shoot like that. Camiseta Del Barcelona 2017/18. .Bradley scored nine points and Owens added eight. I think Baylors defense had a lot to do with that, said Sutton. Those two guys are going to have great years. Its just one of those nights when the ball didnt go in.BIG PICTUREBaylor: Baylor struggled with its inside game, but that figures to improve with the return of Johnathan Motley, who served a one-game suspension after violating an NCAA rule by playing in an improper summer league game.Oral Roberts: The Golden Eagles hoped their experienced team could make an early statement after a 14-17 mark last season. Their chances were hurt by Albert Owens, their returning leading scorer, rebounder and shot-blocker, shooting 3 of 14 from the floor.UP NEXTBaylor has a chance to make an early statement Tuesday, when it welcomes No. 5 Oregon to the Ferrell Center. The Bears didnt receive a vote in any preseason poll for the first time since 2009 despite winning 20 or more for the fifth straight season.Oral Roberts gets its home opener Monday against Rogers State before traveling to the Virgin Islands for the Paradise Jam. The Eagles open against Ole Miss on Friday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: