le Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Feb 11 '19
A city-wide power outage which left the Cairns Convention Centre in darkness has resulted in the NBL match between the Taipans and Brisbane Bullets being abandoned and the win awarded to the visiting side. Danny Trevathan Jersey .The Bullets were leading 84-76 with just 1 minute 37 seconds of the match remaining when the lights and power went out.While FIBA rules dictate the match should be abandoned and the result given to the team that was leading, the NBL has received a formal protest from the Taipans and will review the decision on Monday.An electrical storm had cut power to the Cairns CBD and after several failed attempts to restore the lights the match was cancelled.It wasnt the way he wanted it but Bullets coach Andre Lemanis wasnt complaining.It feels hollow, but having said that our group played well tonight, Im very proud, Lemanis said.Despondent Cairns coach Aaron Fearne confirmed that the Taipans would be appealing.Obviously there are lots of consequences, a loss, points spreads, the series. It could have a massive impact down the stretch, Fearne said.We would have had to make some special stuff to win, but Ive been in plenty of situations where that has happened, it aint over until its over.Five Bullets players finished with scores in double digits in the 84-76 point victory, their second in a row.Cairns were up by as many as ten points in the second quarter before the Bullets reeled them back in to post a ten-point lead of their own.Taipans forward Fuquan Edwin led a Cairns revival in the third quarter, burying a couple of contested threes but Cairns couldnt maintain enough offensive pressure the regain the lead.Taipans guard Damon Heuir had a career best afternoon with 15 points and Mark Worthington was once again the Snakes best with 14 points.Cairns will play Melbourne in Melbourne on Friday while Brisbane will travel to Adelaide to play the 36ers on Saturday. http:///...iatkoski-jersey.aspx . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. http:///...-freeman-jersey.aspx .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. http:///...an-jones-jersey.aspx . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. BALTIMORE -- The home runs dont come often these days for 41-year-old Henry Blanco, and neither do starting assignments. When they do, however, Seattles backup catcher often leaves a memorable impression. Blanco hit a two-run homer in the seventh inning off Wei-Yin Chen, and the Seattle Mariners beat the Baltimore Orioles 3-2 Sunday behind left-hander Joe Saunders. Batting ninth in the lineup, Blanco sent an 0-2 pitch into the left-field seats to erase a 2-1 deficit. The 16-year veteran was playing in his 32nd game of the season, the 17th with Seattle after being signed as a free agent. "If we could get that by the backup catcher every other day, every third day, well be in good shape," acting manager Robby Thompson said. "He comes to play, hes in great shape." Blanco has played for 11 different teams during a career that began in 1997. This was his third homer of the season; the other two were grand slams, including a game winner in his Mariners debut against Oakland on June 15. "When you get a win and you can help the team win some games, its a good feeling," Blanco said. Blancos batting .182, but hes done his job quite capably. "Hes had some huge hits for us," Thompson said. "Huge home runs, a couple grand slams and a two-run there. The times that hes in there, hes produced." Blanco isnt the only old-timer in the Seattle clubhouse. The Mariners other run Sunday came from 41-year-old Raul Ibanez, who hit an RBI double in the second inning. "Thats a good thing," Blanco said. "At this point, you just want to contribute to win games and hope for the best. Raul is a pretty good hitter, hes always been, and I just get lucky." Saunders (10-10) worked out of trouble in almost every inning but improved to 7-0 lifetime against Baltimore after allowing two runs, eight hits and two walks in six innings. He walked off the mound for the last time trailing 2-1, but Blancos blast made him a winner. "It was unreal," Saunders said. "Its one of those moments in the game where its like do or die and he put a good swing on a good pitch, I think, and bailed me out." Saunders, who played a key role for the Orioles late last season, has five consecutive seasons with at least 10 wins. In this one, he walked a tightrope through five innings and gave up a two-run drive to Danny Valencia in the sixth. Baltimore went 0 for 11 with runners in scoring position and stranded eight. The Orioles dropped two of three tto the Mariners and went 4-5 on a homestand that began with three games apiece against Boston and Houston. http:///...-goldman-jersey.aspx. "We did some really good things to create some situations, but Joe pitched out of it," manager Buck Showalter said. "It was really kind of characteristic of a good veteran pitcher like Joe. Weve seen that before." Yoervis Medina struck out four in two perfect innings and Danny Farquhar got three straight outs for his second save, both of which came within 24 hours. Chen (6-4) gave up three runs and five hits over seven innings in losing for the first time in seven starts since May 1. Valencia was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk before the game for his third stint with the Orioles this season. Starting at designated hitter, he homered after Steve Pearce drew a leadoff walk to put Baltimore up 2-1. The lead didnt last. One inning later, following a walk to No. 8 hitter Brendan Ryan, Blanco pulled a slider a few feet inside the foul pole. "Thats the spot I wanted to attack," Chen said through an interpreter. "I threw the ball right on the spot and he still swings the bat really well and he hit a home run off me. Hats off to him." Seattle and Baltimore combined for 14 homers in the three games, none more important than Blancos. "I wasnt expecting to hit a home run," Blanco said. "I was trying to get a pitch where I could put the ball in play and see if something can happen. I just hit it pretty good." The Mariners used successive doubles by Michael Morse and Raul Ibanez to go up 1-0 in the second. Over the first five innings, the Orioles wasted repeated opportunities to score. NOTES: Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik says manager Eric Wedge, who had a mild stroke on July 22, wont rejoin the team this week. Zduriencik said Wedge is "doing well," but added, "This is a lifelong health issue for him. When he gets back here managing this club, we want him to be here. We dont want him to come in and be here for two or three days."... Zduriencik also said RH reliever Stephen Pryor has been shut down for the year with an injured right triceps muscle. ... Orioles 2B Brian Roberts missed a third straight game while on paternity leave. He is expected to travel with the team Monday to San Diego for a two-game series that begins Tuesday night. ... The Mariners host Toronto on Monday night after going 2-4 on a six-game trip through Boston and Baltimore. ... Seattle won the season series 4-2. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' '
Share: