ove those mome | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 8 '17
Roberto Luongo will looking to erase some painful memories as he leads the Vancouver Canucks against the Bruins tonight. Elvis Andrus Jersey . Luongo will be making his first start at the TD Garden since Game 6 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final when he surrendered three first period goals in a potential Cup-clinching game for the Canucks. The Canucks will try to avoid matching their longest winless streak of the season on Tuesday night as they visit the Atlantic Division-leading Bruins. The Canucks have lost four straight in regulation, one setback shy of their longest stretch without a win this season done twice before. Vancouver was able to earn some points over those earlier droughts, going 0-3-2 from Nov. 9-19 and 0-2-3 from Dec. 30-Jan. 7. Vancouver is holding on to the eighth spot in the Western Conference by just a single point over the Phoenix Coyotes and were unable to get a spark from the return of both coach John Tortorella and captain Henrik Sedin on Monday. Tortorella returned to the bench after serving a 15-day suspension for his actions in a game versus the Calgary Flames on Jan. 18, missing six games. Sedin was absent for each one due to a rib injury that halted his consecutive games played streak at 679 and was held off the scoresheet in last nights 2-0 setback to the Detroit Red Wings. Eddie Lack made 28 saves in the second contest of a five-game road trip, but Detroit got eight saves from Jonas Gustavsson in the first period before he exited due to dizziness. Jimmy Howard stopped all 16 Vancouver shots he faced the rest of the way. "We cant buy a win right now," Lack said. "Im trying to do my job and keep us in every game. Its tough." After Detroit scored the games first goal early in the second period, David Booth was hooked on a breakaway and awarded a penalty shot. However, Howard turned his chance aside to leave the Canucks and Tortorella frustrated. "We need to change the complexion of our hockey club, either with our play or with different people, because we looked like a slow hockey team tonight," noted Tortorella. "Were going to keep on banging away to try and get better, but its very frustrating to see the same looks. It worries me. Ill leave it at that." One change that could happen tonight is the insertion of defenseman Raphael Diaz into the lineup. He was acquired in a trade with the Montreal Canadiens on Monday for forward Dale Weise. Diaz could make his debut with the Canucks tonight after notching 11 assists and a minus-4 rating in 43 games with the Habs this season. Hell help fill a void on the back end left by injuries to Kevin Bieksa (foot) and Christopher Tanev (thumb). The Bruins will host the Canucks to close a four-game homestand and are 6-1-1 in their last eight games. That stretch includes a disappointing and lackluster 4-1 loss to Montreal on Thursday, but Boston rebounded to secure a 4-0 triumph over the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday. Chad Johnson made 22 saves in his first shutout of the season and second of his career, while Boston scored three times in the third period to break open a close game. Dougie Hamilton started the burst 6:43 into the frame before Carl Soderberg and Torey Krug followed with goals. David Krejci also lit the lamp and Zdeno Chara added a pair of assists for the Bruins, who posted 19 of their 41 shots in the third period. "Well, I think so -- a much better game tonight in all aspects of it," said Bruins head coach Claude Julien comparing the game to Thursdays loss to Montreal. "Thought that goal by Dougie kind of made everybody relax a little bit more and our game seemed to get better after that too." Boston leads the Tampa Bay Lightning by four points for the top spot in the division and will have Chara in the lineup tonight for the last time before the Olympic break. The hulking defenseman will not play on Thursday in St. Louis or Saturday versus Ottawa as he had earlier been selected to carry Slovakias flag during the Opening Ceremonies on Friday for the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. The Bruins have lost three of their last four versus the Canucks, including a 6-2 setback on Dec. 14 that marked the first time the two clubs met in Vancouver since Boston won Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals. Tuukka Rask got the start for the Bruins, but was pulled early in the second period after allowing four goals on 23 shots. He fell to 0-1-1 with a 3.38 goals against average in his career versus the Canucks. Sedin had a goal and an assist in the victory, while Roberto Luongo posted 39 saves to improve to 12-10-3 in his career versus Boston with a 2.38 GAA and four shutouts. Martin Perez Jersey . She was a pioneer. She did things on skis that made the birds take notice. Jonathan Lucroy Jersey . Portuguese sides Benfica and Porto also advanced to the last eight while Basel overcame an early red card to win 2-1 at Salzburg and progress from a last-16 second leg that was briefly suspended because of crowd trouble. Lyon, Valencia and AZ Alkmaar will also be in Fridays draw in Nyon, Switzerland, where the team to avoid will be Juventus -- even though the Italian champions made heavy work of their all-Italian last-16 match against Fiorentina.The Toronto Raptors will look to avoid a 2-0 series deficit in their first-round Eastern Conference match-up when they welcome the Brooklyn Nets to the Air Canada Centre for Game 2 tonight.  The Nets captured the first game of the series 94-87 on Saturday. The action can be seen live on TSN, TSN GO and TSN Radio 1050 Toronto NOW. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson both scored a game-high 24 points and Kevin Garnett grabbed eight boards for the Nets, as the visitors claimed the opening game of the best-of-seven series. Kyle Lowry led the way for the home team, as he poured in 22 points in a team high 44 minutes and Jonas Valanciunas delivered a 17 point, 18 rebound performance in his playoff debut in the losing cause. Raptors All-Star DeMar DeRozan struggled in his first playoff game, scoring 14 points off 3-for-13 shooting from the floor, including an 0-4 from behind the three point line. "I think with as much energy was going on, it felt like things were going faster than they were," said DeRozan, "I dont need a whole other playoff round to get ready for it. I watched a lot of film. I understand. Im definitely not going to make the same mistakes twice. Its adjustments." Raptors head coach Dwane Casey knows his team needs come out on top of their second home game before the series shifts to Brooklyn. "Its important we win," said Casey. "Going down 0-2 is very difficult to come out of. Must win? I dont think that means were done (if we lose). We want to win but we still have games to be played. IIt would make it very difficult. Shin-Soo Choo Jersey. I wouldnt say its dire. Its tough, but its not over with if (we lose).” As for the mental state of his squad, Casey believes with the first game out of the way his team will be more composed and ready to rise to the level of their competition. "Were disappointed but were anxious to get a second chance at it," said Casey. "I think the second time around well get the first game jitters away, out of us. We know were fighting a veteran, crusty team thats been there before. We worked on some things, made some adjustments in certain situations that we know we can do better." Greivis Vasquez, who scored 18 points and added 8 assists for the Raptors in Game 1, does not believe the importance of the game will get to him or his teammates. "We dont feel pressure, man, at all," said Vasquez.  "We feel like the first game, we were anxious. I havent been in the playoffs in two years. A couple of guys have been in the playoffs, too, but havent been out there in a couple years." Nets forward Paul Pierce, who had a 15 point performance in Game 1, said following the game that he thrives in tough moments on the road. "I really feed off the emotions of the crowd, especially on the road,” said Pierce.  “I think its more gratifying than winning at home, I love those moments." Only 16 of 255 teams in NBA history have ever comeback from an 0-2 deficit to capture a seven-game series. With files from TSN Raptors reporter Josh Lewenberg Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: