s NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey J | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Feb 7 '19
                                      In the opening crawl of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, we learned that Rebel forces had stolen the blueprints of the Empires Death Star, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Buy Air Max 97 Online .Thanks to Princess Leia, the Rebels found a weakness in the Death Star and blew it to smithereens, restoring freedom in the galaxy. Last week, Wake Forest all but accused Louisville of stealing its plays before a 44-12 loss to the Cardinals on Nov. 8.Thursday night, we learned Louisvilles weakness in a 36-10 loss at Houston: theyre not nearly as good -- and Darth Vader, er, Bobby Petrino, isnt nearly as smart -- when theyre actually playing good teams.After losing for the second time this season, the Cardinals were one of three teams eliminated from consideration for the College Football Playoff by The Eliminator this week. Utah and West Virginia -- both lost on Saturday -- also were eliminated from consideration for one of the four spots in the playoff.With two weeks to play in the regular season, 117 of the 128 FBS teams have been eliminated, leaving 11 in contention for the four spots.Heres where the FBS stands after Week 12:Jump to sections: Whos in??| Still in contention | On the fence | Better luck next season | Previously eliminatedWhos in?There wasnt nearly as much chaos this past weekend, although No. 5 Louisville made things easier for the CFP selection committee by failing to show up at Houston on Thursday night. No. 1 Alabama, No. 3 Michigan and No. 4 Clemson still have the clearest paths to the playoff. If those teams win out, theyll be among the four teams in the playoff. If No. 2 Ohio State beats Michigan at the Horseshoe on Saturday, things might get a little tricky for the selection committee. Even if the Buckeyes knock off the Wolverines, theyll still need Penn State to lose to Michigan State to win the Big Ten East. If the Nittany Lions win the East and the Big Ten championship game, can the committee take Ohio State without taking the Nittany Lions? Probably not. Washington remains in the hunt for a playoff spot as long as it beats Washington State in Fridays Apple Cup and wins the Pac-12 championship game the next week.Still in contentionAlabama Crimson TideTrending: EVENSee Rock City? Im surprised Alabama coach Nick Saban didnt make his team climb to Rock City at halftime of Saturdays 34-3 win over FCS foe Tennessee-Chattanooga.Clemson TigersTrending: UPCountry singer Darius Rucker said hed play a free concert at South Carolina if the Gamecocks won six games this season. If they upset Clemson on Saturday, hell probably write a song about it.Michigan WolverinesTrending: EVENThe Detroit Lions play their annual Thanksgiving Day game against the Vikings on Thursday. Im guessing Jim Harbaugh will have them running Michigans scout team in practice on Friday.Ohio State BuckeyesTrending: EVENUrban Meyer was born to coach the Buckeyes against Michigan in The Game. His initials are U.M.Washington HuskiesTrending: UPThe head coaches for Fridays highly anticipated Apple Cup should have a side bet. If Washington State wins, Huskies coach Chris Petersen has to talk to the media. If Washington wins, Cougars coach Mike Leach has to stop talking to reporters.Wisconsin BadgersTrending: UPSomebody pinch Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany. The No. 5 Badgers are one of three Big Ten teams ranked in the top five of the AP top 25 poll. Its the first time this has happened since Nov. 7, 1960, when Minnesota was No. 1, Ohio State was No. 3 and Iowa was No. 5.On the fenceColorado BuffaloesTrending: UPOur apologies, Buffaloes. We pulled the trigger on your elimination too early. Colorado can win the Pac-12 South if it defeats Utah at home on Saturday. If the Utes win, USC will play the Apple Cup winner in the Pac-12 championship game.Oklahoma SoonersTrending: UPOf course Sooners coach Bob Stoops agrees that Oklahoma State didnt lose to Central Michigan. He needs the Cowboys to be ranked as high as possible when he beats them again.Oklahoma State CowboysTrending: UPWe brought you back from the dead, Pokes. No, were not giving you 10 wins.Penn State Nittany LionsTrending: UPIm sure Penn State wont catch any flak if it wins the Big Ten East and keeps Ohio State from reaching the Big Ten championship game. Americans usually react pretty well when their side doesnt win.Western Michigan BroncosTrending: UPRow the boat. Row the Fleckin boat.Better luck next seasonLouisville CardinalsTrending: DOWNIm guessing Louisville didnt have Houstons game plan in advance of last weeks game.Utah UtesTrending: DOWNHey, at least you didnt lose to Kansas.West Virginia MountaineersTrending: DOWNIm starting to think Dana Holgorsen might have been a stunt double for Ralphie when he beat up the bully in A Christmas Story.Previously eliminatedEliminated in Week 11:?Auburn Tigers, North Carolina Tar Heels, Texas A&M Aggies, Virginia Tech HokiesEliminated in Week 10: Baylor Bears, Florida Gators, LSU Tigers, Nebraska CornhuskersEliminated in Week 9: Boise State Broncos, Pittsburgh Panthers, Tennessee VolunteersEliminated in Week 8:?Houston Cougars,?Miami HurricanesEliminated in Week 7: Arizona State Sun Devils, Maryland Terrapins, Ole Miss Rebels, Wake Forest Demon DeaconsEliminated in Week 6:?Air Force Falcons,?Arkansas Razorbacks,?Colorado Buffaloes,?Indiana Hoosiers,?Minnesota Gophers,?Stanford Cardinal,?Texas Tech Red Raiders,?UCLA BruinsEliminated in Week 5:?Arizona Wildcats, Cincinnati Bearcats, Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Bulldogs, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, Iowa Hawkeyes, Kansas State Wildcats, Memphis Tigers, Michigan State Spartans, Navy Midshipmen, Oregon Ducks, San Diego State Aztecs, TCU Horned Frogs, Texas Longhorns, Toledo RocketsEliminated in Week 4: Army Black Knights, Central Michigan Chippewas, East Carolina Pirates, Georgia Southern Eagles, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Oregon State Beavers, Penn State Nittany Lions, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, South Carolina Gamecocks, South Florida Bulls, USC TrojansEliminated in Week 3: Boston College Eagles, Duke Blue Devils, Illinois Fighting Illini, Marshall Thundering Herd,?Missouri Tigers, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles, Syracuse Orange, Texas State Bobcats, Vanderbilt CommodoresEliminated in Week 2: Akron Zips, Ball State Cardinals, BYU Cougars, California Bears, Connecticut Huskies, Eastern Michigan Eagles, Florida Atlantic Owls, Idaho Vandals, Kansas Jayhawks, Louisiana Monroe Warhawks, Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, Nevada Wolf Pack, New Mexico Lobos, NC State Wolfpack, Old Dominion Monarchs, Purdue Boilermakers, SMU Mustangs, South Alabama Jaguars, Texas San Antonio Roadrunners, Troy Trojans, Tulsa Golden Hurricane, UCF Knights, UNLV Rebels, Utah State Aggies, UTEP Miners, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Wyoming CowboysEliminated in Week 1: Appalachian State Mountaineers, Arkansas State Red Wolves, Bowling Green Falcons, Buffalo Bulls, Charlotte 49ers, Colorado State Rams, Florida International Golden Panthers, Fresno State Bulldogs, Georgia State Panthers, Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, Iowa State Cyclones, Kent State Golden Flashes, Kentucky Wildcats, Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns, Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, Massachusetts Minutemen, Miami (Ohio) RedHawks, Mississippi State Bulldogs, New Mexico State Aggies, North Texas Mean Green, Northern Illinois Huskies, Northwestern Wildcats, Ohio Bobcats, Rice Owls, San Jose State Spartans, Temple Owls, Tulane Green Wave, Virginia Cavaliers, Washington State Cougars Cheap Air Max 97 Grey .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brooklyn Nets are looking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. Cheap Air Max 97 All White . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. http://www.cheapairmax97.us/cheap-air-max-97-all-pink/ . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm.Each week, TSN Baseball Analyst Steve Phillips breaks down all the big stories and issues around Major League Baseball on TSN.ca. This week, he looks at the controversial slide by Colby Rasmus into Omar Infante, the important effect of Josh Johnson on the Blue Jays, the Texas Rangers signing of Manny Ramirez, and the rocky state of umpiring this season in the majors. 1) Torii Hunter and Max Scherzer suggested that Colby Rasmuss hard slide into Detroits Omar Infante on Wednesday was a "dirty" and suspendable play. Agree or disagree? The Tigers believe Rasmus slide was dirty but John Gibbons and the Blue Jays players believe it was just tough hard-nosed baseball. It is amazing to me that people can look at the same thing and have two very different perspectives on what they see.  More often than not where we stand on something is determined by where we sit on it. Two teams can see the same play and can see very different things. The Tigers sit in one dugout and say it was a dirty play and the Jays sit in the other dugout and say it was clean.  In their dugout, the Tigers saw Rasmus slide late into second base with the intention of hurting Infante. The Tigers saw Rasmus slide when he was almost on top of second base. Most players slide earlier so that they end up on the base at the end of the slide. The Tigers saw Rasmus spikes on the bottom of his shoes pointing toward Infantes shin when he first jumped into the slide. This spikes-up style of sliding is often done to cause injury to a player. Finally, the Tigers saw a play where their well-liked teammate ended up injured by a not so well-liked Jays player.  In the Blue Jays dugout they saw Rasmus go into second base hard with the intention of breaking up a double play. Nothing more. Yes, he started his slide late but it was a legal slide where he could still touch the base. In their mind, Rasmus was trying to make contact with Infante to disrupt his ability to complete the double play, not injure him. The Jays saw Rasmuss spikes kind of high but they never made contact with Infantes shin - only his foot. The Jays saw Infantes injury as the unfortunate by-product of the risk of turning a double play. So who is right?  Well first let me tell you where I sit before I tell you where I stand. I grew up in Detroit, a Tigers fan. I love Tigers manager Jim Leyland and have great respect for him. He has been very kind to me over the years. I also played in the minor leagues with Jays manager John Gibbons. He worked for me in the Mets organization. I consider him a friend. As a minor league baseball player I took pride in playing tough hard-nosed baseball. I loved to break up double plays. Yet, I was a second baseman/shortstop so I understand the difficulties and dangers of turning a double play. This is where I sit. Here is where I stand: Colby Rasmus did start his slide late but it was legal. He did have his spikes a bit high but it was because he jumped into the slide for maximum momentum. The spikes did not make contact with Infantes leg. It is unfortunate that Infante was injured but it is the risk that second basemen assume when they blindly approach the base and turn the double play. I hope he is back in the Tigers lineup soon.  In my opinion Rasmuss slide was just tough hard-nosed baseball and was not malicious. He did his job and did it well. Another significant thing to consider is that I dont believe Infante had a shot at getting the double play anyways. Rajai Davis hit the ball slowly. He is fast and was quick out of the box. Infante should have just settled for the forceout at second base and jumped to avoid the contact from hard-charging Rasmus. 2) Following another tough start on Wednesday, is it time for the Blue Jays to see what the market is for impending free agent Josh Johnson? The Blue Jays are tough to figure. They have shown more than a flash of brilliance in winning 11 games in a row earlier this year but they have gone 3-8 since then. It is tough to figure out who this team truly is. Are they contenders or pretenders? The standings say they are only 6.5 games out of a wild card spot but they sure dont feel like a playoff team this week.  Josh Johnson is a lot like the Jays themselves. He has shown his own flashes of brilliance in his career. At times he has dominated the opposition and looked like one of the best pitchers in the game. At other times he has been affected by injuries. There are times too when he looks lost and battles against himself and not his opponent. Is it a coincidence that the pitcher with the most talent and potential has been the most inconsistent starter on an inconsistent team loaded with talent? Not really. Johnson has now given up 11 runs in his last 8 1/3 innings of work. He is struggling, that much is clear. His velocity however is good as he pitched mostly with a 94 MPH fastball in his start on Wednesday. His velocities on his secondary pitches are appropriate as well, creating enough differential to get the necessary change of speed from his fastball. He seems healthy and strong. So what is the problem? The problem is execution. It is as simple as that. It is up to Pete Walker, Jays pitching coach, and Johnson to become more consistent with his location. He has to become the ace that is within him. Right now Alex Anthopoulos is stuck in limbo. What should he do with his team? What should he do with Josh Johnson?  Anthopolous can make a trade here and there, but if his good players dont play well, they will not win. So when he sayys regarding trades, "Right now, were not engaged in anything at all. Cheap Air Max 97 All Black. " What he means is that he is waiting to see who his team is. He is waiting to see if Josh Johnson will pitch like Josh Johnson. I will go so far as to say that if Johnson doesnt pitch like the ace he can be the Jays will not make the playoffs. They need a stopper. They need an ace. Johnson is the key. Waiting is the right thing for Anthopolous to do.  Beware though that if you hear rumours that the Jays are shopping Johnson it will mean that Anthopolous believes this season is over. So despite his troubles you dont want to see Johnson traded. If he is, hockey will become the focus earlier than expected in Toronto. 3) The Rangers signed enigmatic Manny Ramirez this week, with the intention of making him a DH. Good move or bad move? Manny Ramirez hit .352 with eight home runs in 183 at bats in Taiwans Chinese Professional Baseball League this spring. That league is commensurate with a high Class A league similar to the Jays Dunedin team in the Florida State League. It isnt great competition. Speculation arose that Ramirez left the Taiwanese team with the hope to sign with a major league club. The word on the street was that the Hiroshima Carp of the Japanese Professional League had some interest. There seemed to be little reaction among MLB clubs.  The signing is surprising as the Rangers admittedly never scouted Ramirez in Taiwan nor did they attend his workout in Florida last week. They just looked at the back of his baseball card and saw a .312 career batting average 555 home runs and 1,831 RBI. It is not often that general managers make decisions like that but Jon Daniels, Rangers GM, realizes he is in a battle with the As and surging Angels to make the playoffs. When it comes to the baseball evaluation for Ramirez it is easy. The back of the baseball card does tell the story. Watching Ramirez beat up on Class A caliber talent wouldnt tell a scout anything. The real issue is whether Manny can still hit big league pitching and whether he will be a good teammate and play Ranger baseball. Manny is aloof. He doesnt always hustle. He can come up with phantom injuries when he wants a couple of days off. He can be silly and goofy sometimes too. Other than that he is an easy guy to have around. The bottom line is that talent wins in the major leagues. We would all like to have a team of milk drinkers who are clean cut and solid citizens. But talent wins. Managers have to manage the personalities, egos and quirks of the players. I dont like this move for the Rangers. I LOVE IT! Why not? If Manny can still play he will be a low cost, big return player. If he cant play or behave then they can cut him loose and move on. The risk is minimal, the return can be great.  4) Foul Ball The umpiring in Major League Baseball has been atrocious this year. There have been horrible calls from missed home runs to misunderstanding the rules. It has been awful. In my lifetime in baseball I dont remember so many blatant and obvious mistakes. We have a problem and it needs to be fixed. More expansive use of instant replay is necessary and it needs to happen quickly. Easier said than done as things never happen all that quickly in MLB. This has to be negotiated between the Players Union and the Commissioners office and then once agreed upon taken to the Umpires Union for their approval. I remember at a general managers meeting in 1999 there was a vote taken on the potential usage of instant replay. There were three of us who voted in favour of it. Only three! The next year the vote was taken again and 10 voted in favour. The following year the number went to 15 and each year thereafter the numbers grew until the Commissioner relented and implemented limited use of instant replay at the end of the 2008 season. What we have in place now though is not enough. This season makes that clear as day. There are some changes pending for 2014 but they need to happen now. Next year is too late. All I want is for the right call to be made. Here is what MLB needs to do: Each umpiring crew becomes a five-man staff instead of four. Their rotation includes each base and the replay booth up in the press box. Each manager is given a red flag to throw on the field when they question a non-ball/strike call. This will save time on arguments and the ensuing umpire caucusing that takes place. The umpire in the replay booth will have final say on what the replay shows. He will call down his decision and play will continue. The plays to be reviewed will be expanded beyond the current home run/no home run fair/foul calls. Bang-bang plays at first base can be reviewed. Tag plays at any base can be reviewed. Hit by pitch can be reviewed. Catch or no catch on a trapped fly ball can be reviewed. And more... Sure there are predicaments with this. Where do runners on base get assigned if a call is changed from a catch to a trapped ball? What if an out call ends an inning and the baserunners stop but then the call is overturned. Where do the runners go? None of this matters to me. Put them where you judge they would be and move on. Overturning big obvious mistakes is critical. As a general manager I would never have a problem with losing a game on an overturned call when it is the right call. And I dont want to win a game because of a botched call by an umpire either. Where there is crisis there is opportunity. There is an umpiring crisis this year. Hopefully, we can use it as an opportunity to improve the game and ensure that the right and proper calls get made. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' ' 
Share: