hen it takes on Lhen it takes on L | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jan 20 '19
DETROIT -- JaCoby Jones is the latest youngster to give the Detroit Tigers a boost in their push for a postseason spot. Cheap Air Max 90 China .Jones doubled twice in his second major league game, then dashed home for the winning run on a sacrifice fly by Tyler Collins in the ninth inning to lift the Tigers over the Chicago White Sox 3-2 on Wednesday.After a day after doubling, singling and driving in two runs in his debut, Jones scored twice to help the Tigers complete a three-game sweep.Hes been a real spark plug for us -- a shot in the arm, teammate Justin Verlander said. Its a lot of fun to watch, and hopefully its the beginning of an amazing career.The Tigers acquired Jones last year when they traded Joakim Soria to Pittsburgh. Around the same time, they also traded David Price and Yoenis Cespedes, receiving pitchers Daniel Norris, Matt Boyd and Michael Fulmer in those deals.Fulmer has become a front-runner for rookie of the year this season, and Norris and Boyd have also made contributions. Now Jones is in the majors and off to a fine start.Its great, its amazing. Theres so many words I could use to describe it, Jones said. Just amazing, and Im just happy.Jones hit a leadoff double in the ninth against David Robertson (4-3) and advanced to third on Jarrod Saltalamacchias deep flyball.Collins came up as a pinch-hitter and was able to lift the ball to left-center. Avisail Garcia made the catch, but his throw bounced before it even reached the mound.Francisco Rodriguez (2-3) pitched the ninth.Jose Abreu and Alex Avila homered on consecutive pitches in the fourth for the White Sox.White Sox ace Chris Sale allowed two runs and eight hits in eight innings against a Detroit lineup that was without Miguel Cabrera. The slugging first baseman sat out because his right ankle had been acting up.Chicago was without Melky Cabrera, who missed the game because of stomach discomfort.Verlander allowed two runs and three hits in seven innings for the Tigers, striking out nine.I thought both of them, Justin and (Sale), this is the kind of matchup that you expected it to be, Chicago manager Robin Ventura said.Verlander retired the first eight hitters he faced, striking out six of them. With two outs in the fourth, Abreu connected for his 19th homer of the year. Avila followed with a drive to the bushes beyond the wall in center, giving Chicago a 2-0 lead against his former team.Verlander did not allow another baserunner after Avilas home run. Detroit scored a run on Andrew Romines single in the fifth, and J.D. Martinez tied it with a two-out RBI single in the eighth.The Tigers came into the day one game behind Baltimore for the American Leagues second wild card.OLD FRIENDSAvila spent his entire career in Detroit before this season, and Verlander laughed when asked about giving up the home run to his former teammate.I know Im going to be hearing about it, Verlander said. I think Im going to ask him back for one of the watches I gifted him. Its only fair, I think.NEXT YEARS SCHEDULEDetroit opens against the White Sox in Chicago on April 3 and the Tigers host Boston on April 7 in their home opener, according to a draft of the 2017 preliminary schedule. The preliminary schedule will be announced by Major League Baseball in September.TRAINERS ROOMTigers: RHP Jordan Zimmermann (neck) pitched four innings in a rehab start for Triple-A Toledo at Indianapolis on Wednesday, allowing one unearned run and one hit. He walked one and struck out four.UP NEXTWhite Sox: Chicago plays at Minnesota on Thursday night. LHP Jose Quintana (11-9) starts against Ervin Santana (6-10).Tigers: Detroit has Thursday off before playing at Kansas City. RHP Anibal Sanchez (7-13) takes the mound against Danny Duffy (11-2) of the Royals on Friday night.---AP Baseball Writer Ronald Blum contributed to this report. Black Air Max 90 Shoes . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. Red Air Max 90 2018 . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. http://www.cheapairmax90clearance.com/ . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. AUBURN, Ala. - In a match between two top-15 teams, No. 13 Auburn emerged victorious over No. 12 Arkansas on Friday night, 3-2. The Tigers (11-4-0, 7-1-0 SEC) took their sixth-consecutive conference result, matching a program record set in 2004.I thought the first half was chaos, said head coach Karen Hoppa. It was just back-and-forth and up-and-down. I thought our girls really did a good job of making adjustments. In the second half, we played some really good soccer, we scored some quality goals and did enough to get the result. Im really proud of our effort tonight.Six different players record at least one point in the contest at the Auburn Soccer Complex. Kristen Dodson, Brooke Ramsier and Casie Ramsier took care of the scoring, each notching one goal.Bri Folds, Gianna Montini and Taylor Troutman each recorded an assist in the 90-minute affair.Sarah Le Beau made four saves in goal and went the full length of the match for the 14th time this season.Despite end-to-end action in the first 45 minutes of play, both teams were unable to get on the scoresheet as it was 0-0 heading into the locker room. Auburn held a 5-3 advantage in shots and both teams were able to tally three corners in the first half.The ensuing 45 minutes continued the theme, however with a more lethal attack from both sides.Following a foul just outside the box in the 50th minute, Brooke Ramsier put the hosts aheadd with a powerful shot that carried past the keeper and into the back of the net. Wholesale Air Max 90. Just 12 minutes later, Dodson took a half-field through ball from Montini and chipped it over the goalie for her career-high 10th goal of the season, doubling the Tigers margin.The Razorbacks (13-3-0, 6-2-0) got one back in the 69th minute when a header was flicked to the near post and found its way across the line to make the score 2-1.Casie Ramsier netted the eventual match-winner in the 82nd minute when she took a pass from Folds and fired across the face of goal to scorch the net and put Auburn ahead 3-1.To be able and get that goal to lift us up over a big team like Arkansas was huge, so Im just happy I could get it done for the team, stated Casie Ramsier.Arkansas pushed across another goal in the 89th minute, but it was not enough as the Tigers went on to capture their seventh conference win of 2016, marking the fifth time a team has completed the feat in program history.[The Razorbacks] are a great team, said Schell. Everyone fought hard and I think we worked as a team and all worked hard together, fought for it and came out with the win.Auburn gets back on to the pitch on Thursday night when it takes on LSU. Kickoff is slated for 6 p.m. in Baton Rouge, La. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '
Share: