nd road game on a Friday night at No. 8 Washington.---Follow Ralph D. Russo at | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Jan 15 '19
HOUSTON -- Wins have been hard to come by for Chris Archer this season. Womens Ultra Boost Sale . Strikeouts have not.Archer fanned 10 batters in seven innings, Corey Dickerson hit a three-run homer and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Houston Astros 10-4 on Sunday.I just felt really good overall today, Archer said. Last time I threw, obviously I felt pretty good. Theyre a good, young team, so its really fun to go out there and duke it out with them. Today we ended up on the right side of it.Matt Duffy and Nick Franklin also went deep for the last-place Rays, who have homered in 21 of their last 24 games.Houston, in the hunt for an AL wild card, had won three straight.Archer (8-17) gave up three runs on four hits and two walks. With his strikeout of A.J. Reed in the sixth, the right-hander joined David Price and James Shields as the only Tampa Bay pitchers with multiple 200-strikeout seasons.Elite stuff, Rays manager Kevin Cash said of Archer. You put yourself into a category not a lot of pitchers get into. Coming in we knew Archers stuff was right there at the tops in baseball and that shows how elite it can be. If he continues to stay in the zone, hes going to be in those categories quite a bit.Franklin had three hits in his first start since returning from a concussion. Evan Longoria also had three hits for the Rays, who jumped out early against Doug Fister (12-9).The right-hander allowed four runs, two earned, and seven hits in 4 1/3 innings, the fourth time in his past seven starts he has permitted four or more runs.I didnt have my best stuff today but made some pitches, Fister said. They hit some balls hard, they hit some balls soft and did what they needed to do. Something that you dont want to happen, but youre trying to keep the damage minimal.Steven Souza Jr. had an RBI groundout in the second. Doubles by Dickerson and Longoria made it 2-0 in the third.Luke Maile hit an RBI double in a two-run fourth. The rally was aided by a pair of errors on one play by Houston rookie third baseman Alex Bregman with two outs.With the Astros trailing 4-0 in the bottom half, Jose Altuve hammered the first pitch he saw from Archer for his 21st home run, a two-run shot. Houston has 18 homers in the last 10 games.Jason Castro cut it to 4-3 with an RBI single.Tampa Bay broke it open in the eighth, when Duffy and Dickerson combined to drive in five runs on a pair of homers.It did feel good, Dickerson said. To be able to see the ball well, consistently put on good swings instead of every now and then. Its good to get some in a row and I think that helped me a lot.Franklin joined the party in the ninth with a solo shot to right. He has four home runs in his last 28 at-bats.Houstons bullpen gave up six runs and seven hits in 4 2/3 innings.TRAINERS ROOMRays: Before the game, OF Mikie Mahtook was optioned to Triple-A Durham and RHP Steve Geltz was called up. Afterward, Geltz was optioned back to Durham to make room for pitcher Alex Cobb (Tommy John surgery). The right-hander was set to meet the team in Boston on Sunday night. Cobb hasnt pitched in the majors since Sept. 28, 2014. . LHP Blake Snell (left lower leg bruise) feels good and is expected to make his next start after leaving Saturdays game.Astros: RHP Luke Gregerson (left ankle) remained unavailable, but manager A.J. Hinch said the team will try to get Gregerson into a game against Oakland this week. ... OF Colby Rasmus (cyst in right ear) is scheduled to work out Monday and then it will be determined whether he will be activated or needs a rehab assignment.UP NEXTRays: RHP Matt Andriese (6-5, 3.71 ERA) starts against Boston on Monday. He has gone 0-5 with a 4.60 ERA in his last 13 appearances, including six starts.Astros: RHP Joe Musgrove (1-2, 5.20) starts against Oakland on Monday. Musgrove has given up 13 runs in his past two starts after allowing just three in his first two major league starts. Wholesale Ultra Boost . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Womens Ultra Boost . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. http://www.cheapultrabooststore.com/ . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. STANFORD, Calif. -- This was typical Stanford. A heavy dose of methodical mashing, a bit of everything from Christian McCaffrey and a couple little wrinkles that caught Southern California totally off guard.McCaffrey slipped out of the backfield for a 56-yard touchdown reception and dived over the pile for a 1-yard score as the seventh-ranked Cardinal beat USC 27-10 on Saturday night.The Cardinal (2-0, 1-0 Pac-12) have now won seven of nine against the Trojans, the best nine-game stretch for the Cardinal in the history of a rivalry that covers 96 games and 111 years. Stanford has also beaten USC three times within the last calendar year.We dont use anyone but us to set our standards, Cardinal coach David Shaw said.McCaffrey, the AP player of the year and Heisman Trophy runner-up in 2016, had a routine 260 all-purpose yards. Stanford ran it 47 times for 295 yards, threw 15 passes and held the ball for 34:14.The Cardinal drew most of the USC defense into the box with a steady dose of inside runs before receiver Michael Rector went 56 yards for a touchdown on a reverse with 3:26 left in the third quarter to make it 27-10.I thought (the Trojans) were chasing, said Shaw, adding that he told Rector: Stay wide and run fast. Great, brilliant coaching by me.At that point, the Cardinal played the keep-away game they love so much.I think our MO is pretty much set in stone, Shaw said. If we get a two-score lead in the second half, were going to run it. Were going to be physical. We talk about intellectual brutality, were trying to end the game with the ball in our hands.USC (0-1 Pac-12) is 1-2 for the first time since 2001, when the Trojans started 1-4 in Pete Carrolls debut season as coach. The Trojans werent as thoroughly dominated as they were in the opener against Alabama, but in the end they have been outscored 79-16 by the Crimson Tide and Cardinal.I hope we play that team again, I really do, USC coach Clay Helton said about a possible rematch in the Pac-12 title game. This is going to be a good football team. Weve played two very good teams and we need to find a way to win those games. Black Ultra Boost. THE TAKEAWAYUSC: The Trojans look like the antithesis of Stanford, a team still trying to find an offensive identity and lacking creativity. Their best player, receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster, had three catches for 34 yards. Max Browne (18 for 28 for 191 yards) was solid, but the Trojans did little to stretch the field and played it safe on several third-and-longs. Mobile freshman quarterback Sam Darnolds only extended playing time came late in the fourth quarter.We spread the ball around, Helton said. I can never be right. I can throw to one guy or throw to the guy who is open.Stanford: The Cardinal pounded away against a USC defensive line that lacks depth and experience. McCaffrey was the workhorse between the tackles, carrying 30 times for 165 yards.We had a couple of missed assignments, but their offensive line works for him, USC linebacker Cameron Smith said.McCaffrey went over 200 all-purpose yards for the eighth straight game.Sometimes when the games on the line, were OK getting 5, 5, 5, 12, 5, 4 yards a pop if thats what it takes to win and thats what theyre giving us, he said.POLL IMPLICATIONSOnly one team lost in front of Stanford so expect a modest gain for the Cardinal in the AP Top 25. Frankly, beating USC at home just doesnt warrant that big of a bump.UP NEXTUSC: The Trojans have a short week of preparation to get ready for another road game against a smash-mouth team. USC plays at Utah on Friday night.Stanford: This was the start of the toughest stretch of the season for the Cardinal. UCLA is up first next week. Stanford has owned the Bruins lately, winning eight straight meetings. After that, Stanford has its own quick turnaround road game on a Friday night at No. 8 Washington.---Follow Ralph D. Russo at www.Twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP---AP College Football: http://collegefootball.ap.org Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: