olorado, ranked second in the NHL in penalty | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 14 '17
4. Andre Roberts Jersey . Mine That Bird – 2009Mine That Bird makes this list not only for being the second-biggest upset winner in Derby history at an insane 50-1, but also for mounting a classic comeback with astounding speed and skill. This birds eye view video below is the perfect way to watch the gelding find a nearly imperceptible bit of space and slide up the rail almost unnoticed. And once Mine That Bird found an opening, the rest was raw power.3. Unbridled – 1990After falling all the way down to 11th place at the halfway mark, things didnt look good for this 11-1 shot. But true to its name, this horse could not be constrained, and mounted a legendary charge, eventually winning the race by four lengths. Amazingly, Unbridleds insane comeback wasnt even the most entertaining part of this race. For that youll have to watch trainer Carl Nafzger screaming in the face of the horses 92-year-old owner Frances Genter: "Hes taking the lead! Hes gonna win! Hes the winner! He won it! Oh, Mrs. Genter, I love you!!!" 2. Grindstone – 1996Easily one of the closest races in Derby history, the 1996 running featured Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey at arguably his finest moment, guiding Grindstone, the son of Unbridled, to an unforgettable finish. Bailey had dropped as far back as 15th place in the early going before taking his colt way outside for a stretch drive showdown with Cavonnier that saw Grindstone somehow eke out the victory on the final stride of the race.1. Secretariat – 1973.The horse, the myth, the legend. Secretariat was a heavy favourite going into the race, but he was astonishingly sluggish out of the gate. A minute into the race, Shecky Greene was the frontrunner, with Secretariat in sixth place. Despite the slow start, Secretariat came through late, scoring a Kentucky Derby record time of 1:59 2/5 that stands to this day. The cause of his blazing speed? After Secretariats death in 1989, an autopsy revealed that his heart was almost two-and-a-half times larger than that of the average horse.TSN airs the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby today (Saturday, May 3) at 4 p.m. ET. Blidi Wreh-Wilson Jersey . The visitors missed a host of good chances to win the game, and were left to rue substitute Ivo Ilicevics strike against the crossbar in the 86th minute, when he only had the goalkeeper to beat. Brooks Reed Jersey .com) - Joe Pavelski scored twice to lead the San Jose Sharks in a 5-2 win over the Edmonton Oilers to split a home-and-home set.ST. LOUIS - Brian Elliott had to work overtime Saturday night and was up to the challenge.Elliott made 27 saves in his 100th game with St. Louis and stopped all three shootout attempts to lift the Blues over the Colorado Avalanche 3-2 for their fourth straight victory.We didnt want to win in a shootout, but we got it done, Elliott said. Its two big points and some more momentum to try and keep us going.Vladimir Tarasenko scored twice for St. Louis. Tarasenko has six goals, including five in his last three games. He had his first career hat trick in a 4-3 win over Dallas on Tuesday night.Tarasenko had dinner the night before with Colorado goalie Semyon Varlamov, his teammate on the Russian Olympic team. Although Tarasenko earned some bragging rights with his two goals, he was quick to point out that Varlamov had his moments as well.I was happy to score against him, but he made a good save on me in the shootout, Tarasenko said.Joakim Lindstrom scored in the shootout for St. Louis.Lindstrom played 16 games with Colorado in 2011-12 and was also familiar with Varlamov. He figured a quick shot was his best chance and he was able to beat Varlamov through the legs with a wrist shot.Hes such a good goalie, Lindstrom said. Hes so good laterally, I figured I wanted to have a quick shot instead of trying to deke him.Ryan OReilly and Nathan MacKinnon each had a goal and an assist for the Avalanche, who have points in six straight games (2-0-4). BBut the Avalanche were looking for more than a point. Matt Bryant Jersey. I think we played a heck of a hockey game, Matt Duchene said. It (stinks) just to be coming out of it with one point. This ones going to sting.Eric Johnson had two assists for Colorado against his former team and Varlamov stopped 27 shots.St. Louis appeared to have the game under control when Tarasenko redirected Alex Pietrangelos shot past Varlamov for his second goal 46 seconds into the third period to give the Blues a 2-0 advantage.But just 6 seconds later, Magnus Paajarvi went off for holding and OReilly made the Blues pay by putting home the rebound of MacKinnons shot on the ensuing power play to cut it to 2-1 at 2:19 of the third.Ian Cole then went off for cross-checking and the Avalanche tied the game with another power-play goal at 5:13 as MacKinnon walked in front and beat Elliott with a wrist shot.In that third, we certainly felt like we had our backs against the wall, Colorados Gabriel Landeskog said. We had to go; we didnt really have the choice to sit back and wait. We had to go and we did and the power play came out big.NOTES: OReillys goal snapped a shutout streak of 118 minutes, 52 seconds by St. Louis. ... Colorado, ranked second in the NHL in penalty killing, has killed 20 straight penalties, including three on Saturday. ... St. Louis was happy to see the calendar turn to November. The Blues are 20-5-3 in November the last two seasons. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: