New York Jets Flight Connections 10/04/18 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
chenyan94
chenyan94 Dec 26 '18

Jets links for Thursday are below.Rich Cimini: Robby Anderson of New York Jets will not be suspended for reckless driving chargeBrian Costello: Why Jets coach needs to bench Isaiah CrowellZach Braziller: Jets secondary clings to flashy nickname Youth Darron Lee Jersey , vows to live up to itZach Braziller: Von Miller thought Sam Darnold was going to be top pick in draftDarryl Slater: What Jets’ Todd Bowles must fix ASAP -- or else he could get fired | NJ.comRich Cimini: New York Jets hope Friday film work leads to happy hours on SundayJeff Capellini: Is Bowles In Over His Head With Jets? Sure Looks Like It 芦 CBS New YorkNY Jets: Sitdown with Team President Neil GlatNY Jets: Best Photos from the First Practice of Broncos WeekPro Football Talk: Blake Bortles to Jets’ defense: “Shut up, know the rules”Andy Vasquez: NY Jets' Sam Darnold earns high praise from Broncos star Von MillerAP: Jets' Crowell tries to flush away TD 'wipe' controversyDarryl Slater: What was Jets' Isaiah Crowell thinking with butt-wiping endorsement deal?NY Jets: Sam Darnold: We Are 'Really Close'NY Jets: Chad Pennington Film Breakdown of Sam Darnold Another week, another Jets win. That’s something I haven’t said in quite some time, but wouldn’t mind getting used to repeating. I rewatched this game and a few things stood out. First, I have to take back my initial review of Williams in this game. Outside of a few dominant plays that had minimal impact, he did nothing of note and it wasn’t really due to superior OL play or double teams, as is sometimes the case. He needs to step it up. Avery Williamson didn’t record a lot of tackles, but he saved multiple TDs in coverage and had a nice interception. Adams also deserves a shout out, but honestly, he’s been either good or great in every game this year. I think he’s got a real shot at the Pro Bowl and he could develop into a player that was absolutely worth the 6th overall pick last year, even as a safety. Now onto this week’s reward winners:Bronze Star: CB Morris Claiborne (4 tackles http://www.newyorkjetsteamonline.com/eric-tomlinson-jersey , 2 PDs, 1 INT, 1 TD)While his interception was more of a “right place, right time” play than anything planned, you have to love how he set the tone of the game right out of the gate. Though they played against one of the worst receiving groups without T.Y. Hilton, Claiborne held up very well despite Luck’s best efforts to rally his team. Claiborne has really rewarded the Jets for placing their trust in him over the last 2 years despite his injury concerns. He’s been the best corner on the team thus far despite the contract given to Johnson, and has handled being the #1 quite well despite the losses of Johnson and Skrine. Claiborne and Adams have been bright spots on a secondary that hasn’t quite lived up to the investment.Silver Star: QB Sam Darnold (24 of 30 for 280 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 6 rushes for 8 yards)I’ll admit I’ve been down on Darnold thus far. Outside of his play against the Broncos, buoyed heavily by both incredible plays by Crowell and the run blocking as well as a pathetic effort by the Broncos defense Authentic Bilal Powell Jersey , I’ve thought he looked pretty bad out there. Don’t get me wrong. I think he’s going to be a good one. I’ve just seen a lot of bad against some admittedly strong defenses. This was the game I’ve been praying for from him. Outside of one horrendous interception, Darnold was perfect. His ball placement at times is startling and he’s thrown absolute dimes to Robby in the end zone in back to back games. This is what I hope to see for the next decade, and he deserves his spot on the list this week.Gold Star: K Jason Myers (7 for 7 on field goals, 3 for 3 on extra points, 8 touchbacks)You have to give it up to Myers this week. Somehow the Jets have had two players set franchise records in back to back weeks. Now I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I feel safe in assuming that doesn’t happen often. Anyway, what can you say? Myers nailed all 10 of his kicks, including some 40+ yard kicks, and only allowed 2 returns on his kicks, neither of which got far. While I understand some of the trepidation with a guy like Myers, it’s amazing when you realize that he leads the NFL in field goals http://www.newyorkjetsteamonline.com/brandon-shell-jersey , field goal percentage (minimum of 12 attempts), and has hit a 55 yarder this season. Yeah, he’s missed an extra point and he will probably not keep this up, but he deserves respect for how he’s kicked thus far and a gold star for setting a franchise record this week.So there you have it, six weeks in and the table stands:Jamal Adams 5 points (2 silver, 1 bronze)Quincy Enunwa 4 points (1 gold, 1 bronze)Darron Lee 4 points (2 silver)Isaiah Crowell 3 points (1 gold)Henry Anderson 3 points (1 gold)Avery Williamson 3 points (1 gold)Jason Myers 3 points (1 gold)Andre Roberts 3 points (1 gold)Sam Darnold 2 points (1 silver)Leonard Williams 2 points (1 silver)Bilal Powell 2 points (2 bronze)Morris Claiborne 1 point (1 bronze)Robby Anderson 1 point (1 bronze)

Share: