KICKERSAuburns offense got a big assist from kicker Daniel Carlson, who made | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 25 '18
GAINESVILLE, Fla. Wholesale Jordan Retro 5 . -- Kentucky no longer has to look back a decade or two to find a game in which it played Florida close.The Wildcats (0-1) gave the Gators (1-0) all they could handle the last two seasons, but Kentucky is not looking for morale victories. Kentuckys futility against Florida has reached 29 consecutive losses, the longest current run in major college football between teams that play annually.The Cats will try to prevent it from becoming a three-decade skid Saturday in Gainesville in the Southeastern Conference opener for both teams.I always say every year is a new year and a new team, Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said. Last years game -- win or lose -- is behind you. But I definitely think that our players will respond and play well. ... We know it is a real challenge. We know that we have to play very well or we will not have a shot.Both teams are looking to rebound from disappointing Week 1 performances, although in different ways.Kentucky failed to score in the second half, squandering an 18-point lead and losing 44-35 at home to Southern Miss.Florida, meanwhile, was far from content with its 24-7 victory against UMass, which gave up 48 or more points four times in 2015. The Gators finished with 363 yards and no turnovers, but had only a handful of big plays against what should have been an overmatched opponent.But Kentucky should have a little extra incentive, its last win in the series came in 1986, in Lexington, and they have to go back to 1979 to find their last win in Gainesville.There have been several close calls since, most notably in 1993, 2003 and the last two meetings. Florida escaped in triple overtime in 2014 thanks in part to a fourth-down touchdown that included a questionable no-call.It was a crazy finish, Gators linebacker Jarrad Davis recalled. And its something that I dont want to have happen again. It was a roller-coaster that I didnt want to be on for a while, but it came out our way. So I just want to make sure that we handle business.Davis and his defensive teammates did their part last year on the road, holding Kentucky to 241 yards and three field goals in a 14-9 win that kept the streak alive.Its there, Florida coach Jim McElwain said. The biggest piece to me is that was done by teams before. ... Those streak things, I dont know. I think its something to write about. But really every years different. Right now its 0-0. These two teams have never played, and I think thats the key.---Some other things to know about Kentucky and Florida heading into the game:ANOTHER STREAK: The Gators have another streak on the line, one they would like to end. Florida has failed to score 30 points in 10 consecutive games, the programs longest such streak since before Steve Spurrier arrived in 1990. The last time the Gators failed to reach 30 points in 11 straight games was in 1979, a winless season.WILDCATS WIDEOUTS: Maligned the past few years for dropped passes, Kentucky receivers had an impressive opener against Southern Miss. Garrett Johnson, a Florida native who caught six passes for 154 yards and two long TDs in Gainesville in 2014 -- had six catches for 143 yards and two scores. Jeff Badet and Kayaune Ross also had TD receptions.SUSPENSIONS OVER: Florida could have four players make season debuts. Cornerback Jalen Tabor and tight end Cyontai Lewis were suspended for the opener for fighting in practice. Freshmen receivers Tyrie Cleveland and Rick Wells were suspended for firing BB guns in a residence hall in July. Cleveland and Wells might not play because of hamstring injuries.BEING HONORED: Florida will honor its 2006-07 mens basketball team, which won back-to-back national championships. Coach Billy Donovan, Joakim Noah, Al Horford and Corey Brewer are among those expected on hand.---AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Cheap Jordan 5 Retro . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Cheap Air Jordan 5 . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. http://www.cheapairjordan5.com/ . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. OXFORD, Miss. -- Kamryn Pettway smashed his 240-pound body into Mississippis defensive line and then disappeared for a moment behind a pile of bodies. A second later, he appeared a few yards downfield, accelerated and was gone for 41 yards and a touchdown.Auburns broad-shouldered sophomore was well on his way to a career night.No. 15 Auburn beat Mississippi 40-29 on Saturday, pulling away in the fourth quarter after a tight game for most of the night. Pettway finished with a career-high 236 yards rushing, beating his previous high of 192 set last week against Arkansas.The offensive line did a good job, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. But he also just ran over some people.Ole Miss Chad Kelly threw for a school-record 465 yards, beating Archie Mannings previous mark of 436 yards set in 1969. Kelly also threw three touchdown passes and one interception.But the Rebels couldnt keep up with Auburn, which finished with 554 total yards.I hate losing more than anything, Kelly said. I dont know what else to say.Auburn (6-2, 4-1 Southeastern Conference) won its fifth straight. Ole Miss (3-5, 1-4) lost its third in a row.The defense has picked us up at certain points this year, Auburn quarterback Sean White said. Tonight, we had to pick them up a little bit.Ole Miss took a 22-20 lead into the locker room and had its chances in the second half, but once again blew a halftime lead. The Rebels have five losses this season despite never trailing at the break.The backbreaker for Ole Miss was midway through the fourth quarter when a wide-open Evan Engram dropped what would have almost certainly been a go-ahead touchdown. It marred an otherwise excellent night for the senior tight end -- he finished with a team-high nine catches for 95 yards and a touchdown.I was wide open, Engram said. Chad threw it on a linee. Air Jordan 5 Retro For Sale. It was low and I didnt get it. It was there for me.On the very next play, Kelly threw his only interception of the night and Auburn returned it to the Ole Miss 25.Three plays later, Kerryon Johnson scored on a 3-yard touchdown run and Auburn stretched its lead to 40-29.We battled toe to toe for most of the game, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said. But for whatever reason, in this game you have years where the margin of error for a team is just so small and one or two plays make such a huge impact.GREAT KICKERSAuburns offense got a big assist from kicker Daniel Carlson, who made all four of his field goal attempts, including a crucial one from 47 yards in the fourth quarter that gave the Tigers a 33-29 lead.Hes the best kicker in the country, Malzahn said. Really made some pressure kicks.Ole Miss Gary Wunderlich was nearly as good. He made all three of his field goals, including one that was a career-high 49 yards.THE TAKEAWAYAuburn: The Tigers continued their impress
Share: