Color Rush LeGarrette Blount Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
huangjian123
huangjian123 Dec 23 '18

Wednesday open thread: Are the Detroit Lions the worst team in the NFC North? As the division currently stands Youth Jarrad Davis Jersey , the Detroit Lions sit at the bottom at 0-2. They aren’t all that far behind anyone else in the division, seeing as every other team has just one win thanks to an uncommon tie between the Vikings and Packers last week. And with the Bears notching their first win of the season on Monday night, that leaves Detroit facing a very real and unfortunate possibility: they may be the worst team in the NFC North.Today’s Question of the Day is:Are the Lions the worst team in the NFC North?My answer: I’d love to sit here and say with authority that they’re still a better team than the Bears, but I can’t do that. While Chicago’s offense still very much looks like a work in progress, their defense is for real. In fact, the Bears defense was pretty darn good last year, too. But being healthy and adding Khalil Mack to the gang has turned this into one of the best defenses in the league. That’s not hyperbole, they’re literally the best defense in the NFL according to Pro Football Focus;The Lions, meanwhile Color Rush LeGarrette Blount Jersey , are struggling at all three phases of the game. They took a step in the right direction last week, but they’re still well behind everyone in the division. The good news is that just because they’re the worst team in the division right now doesn’t mean they will be by the season’s end. Teams change throughout the year. Some get better, some get worse. The Lions’ 2018 season isn’t over, but it does feel like it’s already on life support, and if they don’t show marked improvement quick, you’ll be able to cement their spot at the bottom of the division.Your turn.2 Winners, 3 Losers from the Lions’ preseason finale loss to the Browns WinnersRB Dwayne WashingtonThough he likely won’t make the final roster, Washington looked like the only Lions player that wanted to play football on Thursday night and had himself plenty plays where I was thoroughly impressed. He had a nice blitz pickup that won’t show up on the stat sheet in which Jake Rudock promptly threw over his intended target’s head and if Washington’s lucky, some team out there will see his tape against the Browns and give him a shot.QB Matt CasselDespite the awful pick-six throw and awful statline http://www.authenticsdetroitlions.com/cheap-nevin-lawson-jersey , I think Cassel showed more poise in the pocket this preseason and has the edge over Rudock for the backup job. He has the experience and the better arm and that’s really what it mostly comes down to. Cassel being listed as a winner has less to do with his performance against the Browns and more to do with the fact that Rudock hasn’t done much at all to get a leg up over Cassel. Neither one of these guys have shown much to write home about, but that’s what we’ve got. LosersQB Jake RudockRudock was pulled before the first half even ended for Cassel, but came back in halfway through the third quarter and struggled for most of the game until fourth quarter preseason Rudock showed up. But he had that one really cool first-down scramble, right?Sadly, Rudock, to me, didn’t do nearly enough to etch himself in as the backup QB, as he averaged a paltry 4.7 yards per attempt in his last game of the preseason.I may have split these two QBs into one winner and one loser for the game, but roster cuts are looming http://www.authenticsdetroitlions.com/cheap-matt-prater-jersey , and it could very easily turn into two losers if the Lions decide to pick someone up off the waiver wire pretty soon.Rudock can barely hand the ball off correctly to his running back.S Rolan MilliganOnly this guy would get called for a defensive holding and still give up a 41-yard catch. He was already way on the outside looking in with one eye closed, and Thursday night’s performance was likely the nail in the coffin for his hopes at a roster spot. Lions fansProps to the fans that voted Toto’s Africa for song of the game, although I never want to associate that song with such a dull, pointless game like this. Anyway, I feel bad for anyone who spent the time to watch the entire game like I did and I hope at least one of you will be compensated with delicious pizza for your dedication. The Thursday before cut day will forever be the worst day of the year (April Fool’s is a close second).

Share: