being traded from Edmonton to Columbus following the 2007-08 season, Torres | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Dec 12 '18
ST. Cheap Football Jerseys Authentic . PETERSBURG, Fla. -- David Price is pitching like an ace again. Price went the distance to win his second straight start since returning from an injury as the Tampa Bay Rays completed a three-game sweep by beating the Chicago White Sox 3-1 Sunday. "Anytime something is taken away from you, sometimes itll make you think differently in a sense," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Never been injured before. Having to watch major league games, knowing that he wants to be out there. Theres a lot of things that I think are motivationally speaking that are present during that time. I think that re-motivates you in some way, and hes definitely channeled it properly to this point." Price (3-4) worked around eight hits, walking none and striking out five. The 2012 AL Cy Young Award winner spent 47 days on the disabled list with a strained left triceps, then came back and struck out 10 in seven shutout innings against Houston. "That injury was kind of a blessing in disguise," Price said. "Just letting me kind of regroup, hit the reset button, mindset, everything. Im right where I need to be right now, and theres still a lot of baseball left." Price struggled this year before getting hurt, going 1-4 with a 5.24 ERA after going 20-5 with a 2.56 ERA in 2012. It was Tampa Bays first complete game this season. The Rays have won eight of nine to move a season-high nine games over .500. Josh Phegley hit his first major league homer for Chicago, which has lost nine of 11. The White Sox have dropped 19 of their last 23 road games. It was just the second time that the Rays have swept a series of three or more games against the White Sox. The other time occurred in August 2008. John Danks (2-6) allowed three runs and five hits over seven innings. The left-hander has lost all five of his road starts this year. "I feel good about getting us deep in a game and keeping us in the ballgame, but I simply just got outpitched by David, obviously," Danks said. "I just gave him too much of a cushion there, and he was able to be the reigning Cy Young winner." Desmond Jennings hit a leadoff double in the first and scored on Ben Zobrists sacrifice fly to put the Rays up 1-0. Sean Rodriguez made it 2-0 during the fifth with a two-out, broken-bat RBI single. Phegley got Chicago within 2-1 on a solo shot in the sixth. "Not bad, I guess," Phegley said of his homer off Price. "One run, a complete game is a pretty impressive start, but I guess I just got one on him. The home run was a cutter in, and it was just kind of low enough where I could to get to it and get in there enough. I put a good ride on it." Tampa Bay regained a two-run advantage in the seventh when Luke Scott tripled and Jose Molina hit a sacrifice fly. The White Sox had two singles in first, third and fourth, but failed to score in all three innings by going 0 for 3 with runners in scoring and having one runner thrown out trying to steal second. Tampa Bays James Loney went 0 for 3, ending his career-best 16-game hitting streak. NOTES: Price won for the first time at Tropicana Field since last July 19. ... Chicago manager Robin Ventura tweaked his lineup and had SS Alexei Ramirez hit leadoff for the first time this season. Ventura didnt rule out using Ramirez again in the role. ... The White Sox return home to play a makeup game Monday night against the Cubs before heading to Detroit for the start of a three-game series Tuesday night with the Tigers. ... Tampa Bay opens a four-game home series Monday night against Minnesota. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Free Shipping .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head. Soccer Jerseys From China . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. http://www.cheapfootballjerseysfreeshipping.com/ . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR.SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Raffi Torres showed the San Jose Sharks during his short stint both the attributes that make him a valuable player and the negatives of his suspension-filled history that sidelined him for the final six games of the playoffs. General manager Doug Wilson decided that the rewards outweighed the risks, signing Torres to a $6 million, three-year deal Thursday that prevents him becoming an unrestricted free agent July 5. "Every player comes with some level of risk and obviously were very comfortable with this," Wilson said. "Hes really transformed and evolved his game. Hes a very effective player. I wont comment and cant comment on the suspension in the playoffs. We think he brings all the skill sets were looking for: speed, strength, he can shoot and he has a high skill level to play with high-end players." Torres showed those skills almost immediately after coming over in a deadline deal from Phoenix on April 3. He had two goals and four assists in 11 regular season games and provided a needed spark with his speed and physical play that helped San Jose wrap up a playoff spot. He then scored an overtime game-winner in Game 2 of first-round sweep against Vancouver and turned himself into a key component on the Sharks. That all ended when he hit Los Angeles Jarret Stoll in Game 1 of the second round against Los Angeles. Pointing to a long history of impermissible hits that included a 21-game suspension for a blow to the head of Chicagos Marian Hossa in the 2012 playoffs, NHL senior vice-president of player safety Brendan Shanahan banned Torres for the rest of the second round. It was his fourth career suspension. Wilson and the Sharks said at the time that it was a "clean hockey hit" and the principal point of contact was with Stolls shoulder, not head. The organization was fined $100,000 for the comments, but Torres appreciated the strong support. Torres had committed only six minor penalties in 39 regulaar games since returning from the Hossa suspension in an effort to change his game. Football Jerseys China. . "I still feel like there wasnt anything wrong with that Stoll hit," Torres said. "At the end of the day, its something that Im always going to be working on until the day Im done playing -- thinking the game a little bit more and obviously try not to put myself in a vulnerable position with those borderline hits." The Sharks felt Torres absence as it forced Joe Pavelski to move from third-line centre to wing on one of the top lines and hurt the scoring depth that was key to San Joses success in the stretch run. Instead of having a third line of Pavelski, Torres and either Marty Havlat or Tommy Wingels, the Sharks had to load up their top two lines and got little production from their bottom six forwards. "Thats a line thats tough to match up with and I think would have been a big mismatch," Wilson said. "That was part of the thought process when we did it at the trade deadline to be able to put people in the proper roles. We did miss him." Now they will have him for three years in a deal that gives Torres the stability he had been seeking. Since being traded from Edmonton to Columbus following the 2007-08 season, Torres has played for five teams and has not spent two full seasons with any of them. "Pretty much since I left Edmonton, its been tough," he said. "You felt like you had to reprove yourself. I felt like I had to do that a couple of times in my career. I still feel like I have a lot more to give to this game especially now with the Sharks. Knowing there will be stability there is something I look forward to. I wont have to worry about anything else except going out there and playing hard." Torres has 134 goals and 121 assists in 630 career games, with his most productive season coming when he scored 27 goals in 2005-06 to help Edmonton make it to the Stanley Cup finals. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: