he 2012-13 season with the St. Johns IceCaps of the American Hockey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Dec 11 '18
LOS ANGELES -- Yasiel Puig returned to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday, seemingly chastened by a monthlong demotion to the minors to work on his hitting and his attitude. Air Max Sale Cheap .The former All-Star started in right field against the San Diego Padres after being called up earlier in the day from Triple-A Oklahoma City.Ultimately, we felt he made us better, manager Dave Roberts said. He can impact a game in a lot of different ways.The 25-year-old Cuban hit .358 with five home runs and 14 RBI in 24 games since being optioned to the minors on Aug. 2. He had been hitting just .260 with seven homers and 34 RBI in 81 games with Los Angeles.They made the right choice sending me down there but now I was doing the correct things to come back, Puig said through a translator. Im here now and Im grateful for the opportunity.Earlier in the week, Puig was reportedly placed on revocable waivers and claimed by at least one other club without a trade being worked out.I dont decide those things, he said. If Im here in Los Angeles, Im going to take advantage of the opportunity and enjoy the city. If its with another team, then thats something that I cant control. I am thankful for the opportunity and Im going to try to do my best to be a good teammate.Puig said he learned discipline and how to be a better teammate during his minor league stint.It wasnt embarrassing. I earned the demotion, he said. I feel like Im a better person and Im here now to show it, to play well, to do things that will positively affect my future.While he was away, the Dodgers maintained a tenuous hold on first in the NL West, something Puig admitted was difficult to watch from afar. He met with some of his teammates before batting practice.They explained to me what they needed from me, he said. Thats really what I was looking for was a talk with the teammates, a talk with everyone, and having that understanding of what was needed from me to succeed on this team.Roberts said the organization is very hopeful the episode proves to be a turning point for Puig.He was humbled to go down to Triple-A, the manager said. To swallow your pride, to take care of business and to look at yourself in the mirror and say, `I got to be better, thats tough to do. But for him to do that, it says a lot about his character.Roberts and Andrew Friedman, president of baseball operations, first discussed bringing Puig back with a handful of veteran players.If they said that they didnt want him, I would have been surprised, Roberts said. They know the character of Yasiel and what he can bring to help us win baseball games and thats the ultimate goal. I certainly would have been surprised if they had nixed the idea.Puigs status in right field isnt guaranteed. While he was gone, the Dodgers acquired Josh Reddick, who has shared time with rookie Andrew Toles. Veteran Andre Ethier is expected back this month after missing most of the season with a broken leg.Now Im going to get to work, Puig said, and hopefully youll see the success of 2013. Thats what Ill be working for. Cheap Wholesale Air Max Shoes .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. Cheap Air Max Free Shipping . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. http://www.airmaxcheapwholesale.com/ .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco.The Winnipeg Jets avoided salary arbitration with centreman Eric Tangradi, signing the restricted free agent to a two-year, $1.35 million contract on Tuesday. The deal will pay the 24-year-old $650,000 next season and $700,000 in 2014-15 season. Tangradi was scheduled for an arbitrator hearing on July 23. Acquired from the Pittsburgh Penguins on February 13 for a 2013 sixth-round draft pick, Tangradi scored one goal and three assists in 36 games with the Jets this past season. In 81 games between Pittsburgh and Winnipeg, the Philadelphia, PA., naive has two goals and seven assists. Tangradi was drafted by the Anaheim Ducks in the second round (42nd overaall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Cheap Air Max Shoes Online. The Jets also agreed to terms with forward Patrice Cormier on a new contract. Cormier appeared in 10 games with the Winnipeg Jets last season for seven penalty minutes. The 23-year-old played the majority of the 2012-13 season with the St. Johns IceCaps of the American Hockey League where he suited up for 35 games and earned 11 points and 69 penalty minutes. The Moncton, NB native has played in 40 career NHL games between Atlanta and Winnipeg for two career points and 11 career penalty minutes. He was originally drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the second round, 54th overall, in the 2008 NHL Draft. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: