njuries to stars Chris Goulding and Todd Blanchfield, as well a | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 11 '18
LOS ANGELES -- Rob Segedin swung his way into the Los Angeles Dodgers record book a year after he was ready to walk away from the game entirely. Adidas Stan Smith Cheap Online .The 27-year-old Segedin set a Dodgers record with four RBI in his major league debut, Adrian Gonzalez hit his 300th career homer and Los Angeles beat the Boston Red Sox 8-5 on Sunday night.Its been a long road. To just go through the ups and downs, to get to be here and get the rewards of it, thats the surreal part, Segedin said.With the bases loaded and one out in the fourth, Segedin drilled a 2-0 pitch from David Price over the head of center fielder Mookie Betts for a two-run double, his first big league hit in his second at-bat.Segedin came up again with two outs in the fifth and the bases loaded, and he lined a single to right to give the Dodgers a 6-2 lead. He was lifted in a sixth-inning double switch.Segedin was called up from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Sunday after 561 minor league games. A third-round pick by the Yankees in 2010, Segedin spent six seasons in the minors with New York and nearly retired last summer after a tough demotion.I was ready to go last year, he said. It was my wifes and my second anniversary and Id just got sent down from Triple-A to Double-A, it was one of those things where I felt I was going backwards, that maybe I wouldnt get the opportunity.His family talked him into continuing his career, and he was acquired by the Dodgers in January before embarking on his seventh minor league season. He played left field and batted eighth for L.A. on Sunday.That was awesome, Gonzalez said. Seggies game was incredible. Great ABs, stay under control, and get two big, big hits for us.Gonzalez became the seventh active player to reach 300 homers and 400 doubles.Its pretty cool, those are things that Ill really, really be able to enjoy them and cherish them when I retire, Gonzalez said. Right now, the focus is on the Phillies and tomorrow. But its pretty cool to take a step back and enjoy it for a few hours.Gonzalez had three hits for the second game in a row. He hit a 2-2 pitch from reliever Junichi Tazawa high over the wall in right-center field in the seventh for his 10th home run of the season.Howie Kendrick followed Gonzalez with a homer four pitches later, marking the third time this season the Dodgers have hit back-to-back home runs.Justin Turner hit his 20th home run, and seventh since the All-Star break, leading off the fourth.Price (9-8) fell to 2-7 over his last 14 starts, and Boston fell to 5-6 on this 11-game trip. Price has not won since July 10.Andrew Benintendi had three hits, two RBI, scored a run and stole a base for Boston, which selected the 22-year-old with the seventh overall pick in the 2015 draft and called him up on Tuesday.Its gone by real fast, but Im trying to take things in and learn as much as possible, Benintendi said. Everyone here has made me feel extremely comfortable from the beginning. I think that the more games that I play, the more I feel comfortable.Los Angeles starter Brandon McCarthy struggled with control from the outset, walking five and hitting a batter over 3 2/3 innings.Jesse Chavez (1-0) got the win with 1 1/3 innings in relief.Kenley Jansen struck out the side in the ninth to earn his 34th save.CLAYTON CATCHClayton Kershaw resumed baseball activities by playing catch prior to Sundays game as he continued his attempt to return to the mound this season.Sidelined since his last start on June 26, Kershaw (mild herniated disc) was moved to the 60-day disabled list on Wednesday and is not eligible to return until Aug. 27.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: DH David Ortiz walked as a pinch hitter Sunday after coming up sore from his first start of the season at first base Saturday. 1B Hanley Ramirez was also reduced to pinch hitting -- he struck out leading off the ninth -- after reporting more soreness in his wrist when he arrived at Dodger Stadium. ... OF Chris Young went through an aggressive baserunning session prior to Sundays game. Boston will wait to hear how Young feels Monday before deciding when to begin his rehab assignment.Dodgers: LHP Rich Hill, scratched Saturday because of a blister, has been penciled in to start on Friday against the Pirates. ... OF Trayce Thompson was transferred to the 60-day disabled list and wont be eligible to return to the Dodgers until Sept. 9.NEXT UPRed Sox: RHP Rick Porcello (14-3, 3.46) will start in Tuesday nights opener of a three-game set against the Yankees at Fenway Park.Dodgers: Rookie RHP Julio Urias (1-2, 4.98) will make his first start since July 21, his 10th for the Dodgers this season, Monday night against Philadelphia. Cheapest Adidas Stan Smith . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Cheap Adidas Stan Smith . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. http://www.cheapadidasstansmith.com/ . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. Undermanned Melbourne United have reinforced their NBL roster, signing US point guard Casper Ware.Ware, 26, had an impressive college career at Long Beach State University and has spent time with NBA teams the Washington Wizards and the Philadelphia 76ers.He was brought in to replace under-performing import and former NBL MVP Cedric Jackson after he was released last week by United, who are languishing on the bottom of the NBL table.Ware has a lot going for him as a player, United coach Dean Demopoulos said.He is high energy, has a great background, hes a willing passer and hell help us with his scoring punch.We think Ware will translate well in to the league and we look forward to getting him assimilated into our program.United have just three wins from 10 games this season, with injuries to stars Chris Goulding and Todd Blanchfield, as well as the underwhelming play of Jackson, key factors.Ware spent the end of last season with ASVEL Basket in France, alongside new Melbourne United teammate David Andersen. Adidas Originals Stan Smith Cheap. He averaged 12.1 points, 2.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game and was named finals most valuable player with 27 points in his sides championship-clinching game.We are excited at the prospect of having an explosive player like Ware join our club, Melbourne chief execuitve Vince Crivelli said.I feel confident that we have found what we need for the team considering our current requirements.Hes a young, aggressive point guard who is a good scorer with the ability to get his team mates involved in the game.We can stretch the floor and open it up, and hopefully that will create some new avenues to score.Ware arrived in Melbourne on Monday morning and will undergo a medical before joining his new teammates. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseyscheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '
Share: