ened her jacket just before she started to sing, revealing a Black L | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 11 '18
Villanova held onto its impressive lead as the No. Cheap Colorado Rockies Jerseys . 1 team in The Associated Press college basketball poll.The Wildcats (11-0) are on top for a third straight week receiving 56 first-place votes from the 65-member national media panel.UCLA remained ranked second with three No. 1 votes. Kansas, Baylor (which got the other six first-place votes), Duke and Kentucky remained third through sixth for a third consecutive week.Gonzaga moved up one spot to seventh while North Carolina, which lost 103-100 to Kentucky on Saturday, dropped one place to eighth.Creighton and Louisville moved up one spot each to round out the top 10.West Virginia was 11th followed by Virginia, Butler, Wisconsin, Purdue, Indiana, Xavier, Arizona, Saint Marys and Oregon.The last five teams are Florida State, South Carolina, Southern California, Cincinnati and Notre Dame.Butlers 83-78 victory over Indiana gave the Bulldogs the weeks biggest jump, from 18th to No. 13. The loss dropped Indiana from ninth to No. 16.South Carolinas 67-64 loss to Seton Hall saw the Gamecocks fall from 16th to No. 22.There is only one double-ranked this week but it means an awful lot to the people of a certain commonwealth as No. 6 Kentucky visits No. 10 Louisville on Wednesday. Cheap Chicago Cubs Jerseys . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. Cheap San Diego Padres Jerseys .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. http://www.cheapworldseriesjerseys.com/ . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. PHILADELPHIA -- Scheduled national anthem singer Sevyn Streeter said she was told by the?76ers?she could not perform on Wednesday night because of her We Matter jersey.She was slated to sing before the 76ers season opener against the Oklahoma City Thunder, but she said in an interview with The Associated Press late Wednesday that she was told she would not sing just minutes before her performance.Id say two minutes before we were about to walk out ... the organization told me that I could not wear my shirt while singing the national anthem at their game, the R&B singer said by phone. I was never given any kind of dress code. I was never asked beforehand to show my wardrobe.A source told ESPN that any on-court performer -- singer, dancer, entertainer -- must sign a contract that gives the 76ers the right to cancel a performance if the standards described in the contract are not met.?The Sixers declined to say why Streeters performance was canceled, but according to a report by CBS Philly, the contract prohibited political statements.?The 76ers offered her an alternate shirt and song, but she refused, the report said.The Philadelphia 76ers organization encourages meaningful actions to drive social change. We use our games to bring people together, to build trust and to strengthen our communities. As we move from symbolic gestures to action, we will continue to leverage our platform to positively impact our community, the Sixers said in a statement.A team representative met with 76ers players Thursday to explain what happened, and multiple players came away from the meeting upset by what they were told, a source told ESPNs Jeff Goodman.The players met at their practice facility Thursday in Camden, New Jersey, and are considering whether to respond to Streeters cancellation.Everybody expressed their emotions about it, forward Robert Covington said. We want to take steps about it. We just dont know exactly what steps we want to take. We talked about a lot of different things.The Sixers play at home Saturday afternoon against Atlanta.Sixers guard Gerald Henderson said he thought something seemed different moments before the anthem, which was performed by Jemila Worley, a Sixers dance team member.I saw the little pause there. ... I was wondering, something had crossed my mind like, Whats going on? Did something happen? Henderson said. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic. That was pretty big time for a cheerleader to step in there, and she killed it!Henderson did not know that Streeter was supposed to sing the anthem until told after the game by a reporter.Theres a lot going on, man, Henderson said. People care about these things that are happening, as well as they should. And they are going to express themselves in different ways. ... People are trying to make statements, I guess.The NBA had no comment.Streeter has written songs for Chris Brown, Ariana Grande and other stars. In 2013, she had a Top 40 hit with It Wont Stop, a duet with Brown that reached Recording Industry Association of America gold status.The singer, born Amber Denise Streeter, said she was very hurt by the NBA teams actions.I was angry, extremely, extremely angry, and disappointed and honestly brought to tears by all of it. It broke my heart, she said. Honestly, I was very excited about being able to perform the national anthem. I was really looking forward to that.This isnt the first time the Sixers were dragged into a recent national anthem controversy. A woman performing the national anthem before their NBA preseason game in Miami did so while kneeling at midcourt.Denasia Lawrence opened her jacket just before she started to sing, revealing a Black Lives Matter shirt, then dropped to her left knee and performed the song. She said it was her way of protesting racial oppression.The anthem issue has been a major topic in the sports world in recent months, starting with the decision by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to not stand while it is played. Kaepernick cited racial injustice and police brutality among the reasons for his protest, and athletes from many sports -- and many levels, from youth all the way to professional -- have followed his lead in various ways.I also felt it was important to express the ongoing challenges and ongoing injustice we face as a black community within the United States of America -- thats very important to me,?Streeter said. Yes, we live in the greatest country in the world, but there are issues that we cannot ignore. This cant be ignored.ESPN staff writer Ohm Youngmisuk and?The Associated Press contributed to this report.? cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseyscheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseyscheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '
Share: