P NEXTWashington: The Huskies get a week off before traveling to | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 9 '18
This is an online exclusive story from ESPN The Magazines Body Issue 2016. China NFL Jerseys . Subscribe today!?And for more from the 2016 Body Issue, check out espn.com/bodyissue,?and pick up a copy on newsstands starting July 8.In February, Von Miller led the Denver Broncos to a Super Bowl victory against the Carolina Panthers. Where did he head next? To the set of the Body Issue, of course. Sometime between nabbing MVP honors and appearing on Dancing With the Stars, the defensive standout sat down with ESPNs Morty Ain to talk about training for the big game, overcoming asthma and being a nerd at heart.Our Super Bowl win was a team effort. Youve got to have a special esprit de corps to be able to get that done. Last year we felt like we had a chance, but this year the energy was just different. It was our second year with everybody -- T.J. [Ward], Aqib [Talib], DeMarcus [Ware] -- and we just jelled a lot more. We were able to create that consistency, and thats what enabled us to propel ourselves to the top.I went to the movies and had some mozzarella sticks. I try to eliminate all junk food, and it just tore me up the first week of the playoffs. You cant put unleaded regular in a Ferrari; youve got to put in that premium stuff.Ive had asthma my whole life. My mom used to hook the generator up to the Suburban and roll the extension cord all the way down to the football field and have my nebulizer hooked up to that so I could take treatments in between offense and defense. I was in the fifth grade when she started doing that. I grew out of that when I got to the NFL, but sometimes I still have to take treatments before the game, and being in Denver with the altitude is definitely tough. I still keep my inhaler with me right now.When you turn on the film, you cant tell that I have asthma. Im at my best when people are depending on me. If its just on me and I dont have nothing to do, Im going to be lazy. On the football field, its every single day, every play, knowing that people are depending on me to make my play. That helps me elevate my game to another level.Oh man, tearing my ACL in 2013 was one of the toughest parts of my football career. I was coming off a six-game suspension too [for violating the leagues substance abuse policy], and there was a whole lot of doubt and uncertainty. For the most part, it was just me and my mom in Pensacola, Florida -- I couldnt drive, so she would take me to rehab, shed bring me back home, feed me. And it was just me and her everyday. It was at that moment where I was like, Im never going to be back here. Theres nothing worse than looking at an article and seeing: Von Miller tore his ACL, plus hes coming off suspension. And when he played this year he wasnt looking the same he did as the year before. Is he ever going to be able to be the same? Im 24 years old and people think my best years are past me! [laughs] It was definitely a tough, trying time.But the ACL injury was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It helped me create a work ethic and really understand consistency. When you tear your ACL, you cant take no days off. Not one day. You cant take off icing your knee after, or rehab, or anything -- youve got to be on top of that stuff to even become close to the type of player that you were before.Out of high school, I was like 202-205 pounds. My rookie season I was like 245, my second year I was 255. My third year I got up to like 272, and I tore my ACL. I dont know if my weight was part of the cause of that, but I got hurt, so I just tried to re-evaluate my situation. Right around 238-242 is my ideal range -- I can do everything that I need to do at 245 and lighter. I played in the Super Bowl at 236.I really dont look at myself as a defensive end or a linebacker or a cornerback or a safety. I dont try to limit myself to just rushing the passer or dropping back in coverage or being a run-stopper; I try to be great at football. I cant even put a name on what I do -- wide receiver, tight end, running back, whatever -- just put me in the game. I feel like thats the type of teammate that I want to be. I try to be an all-around defender.Even though Im a defensive player, I throw 100 balls every day and catch 100 balls. Im trying to go through the whole motion like Peyton Manning does. I try to be great at everything. I try to show them that I can run, I can pass, I try to get out there early and do all that stuff. I like to show the coaches that I can play offense and defense. But our offense, weve got a team full of killers over there ... but if they need me, Im ready to go!Nah, I cant kick.I think about it in the National Football League, why guys dont play two positions? I figure if J.J. Watt played quarterback -- if he was able to throw the ball like Ben Roethlisberger, which Ive seen him do -- and then if he were able to go over and play defense full time, youd have to pay J.J. Watt $220 million. [laughs] I think if guys were in the physical shape to be able to play more positions and be able to be elite in multiple positions, then that would elevate the sport of football. I think it would be that much better to have these guys who just dont come off the field, kind of like basketball. Thats why I try to stay in shape, I try to eat right, just in case the game takes that left turn and goes that way, Ill be ready to play whatever.I cant play basketball for s---. My ability to not play basketball is way more crazy than someones ability to play basketball. I can dribble, but thats just about it. Sometimes people call me out just to see me shoot the basketball and play around because they know how terrible I am.I wish I had hair, man. I wish I had hair going down my back! But, hey, you cant have it all; you know God is very fair.I cant just go to a gym by myself. I cant say Im going to do this and do that. I would do a couple reps and then just leave. I need to be pushed.Ive been a geek my whole life. I had glasses, I had a ducktail, my mom would dress me funny. I was smart, I was good at video games, I read books, I watched the Discovery Channel. I was good at sports, but I was a geek. When everybody said something, I always questioned -- Id question it and do research on what they were saying. I liked to know facts. As I grew older, thats what set me apart from everybody else.Growing up, I wanted to be like Lil Wayne. I still get picked on for my glasses. They helped me train my sense of humor. I created a sense of humor at a very early age, and thats what helped me get through all of that stuff. I would have gotten Lasik, but its bigger than me now -- little kids wearing glasses just because I do it. I make them feel comfortable wearing glasses. Im comfortable being a geek, so I might as well stay like this.I cant practice without my glasses. Without my glasses, I wouldnt be able to drive. I can see people and shapes, but if I dont have my glasses on and Im on a football field, its dangerous. If Im in my bedroom and I dont have my glasses on, I can walk to the bathroom, but thats about it.I have 120 pairs.My teammates, they created a fart tax for me. If they catch me farting, its going to be $500. If somebody tells on me, they get $100. At the end of the year, I owed $15,000. If you eat a lot of complex carbs, youre going to fart a lot.I plan on getting tattoos on the bottom of my feet. Thats like way down the road, but for me to accomplish everything in the tattoo world, thats what I want to do. I want to be able to totally cover up. I probably wont do my face, I promised my mom I would never do that. And obviously I cant do it now; Ive got an image and all this stuff right now, but thats eventually what I want to be able to do.I want to get Andy from Toy Story on the right foot, just like what Woody got. As I grew older, I just fell in love with myself. Not like no Terrell Owens -- you know, like, I love me some me -- but I try to be the best teammate I can possibly be. First, youve got to understand yourself and what you can be capable of. I understood that at a very early age.Obviously, the chicken had to come first. A chicken had to lay the egg, right? So there probably was a chicken first that laid live hens, but over time it was safer for the hens to hatch ... this is my idea, I dont know, Im just thinking. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. Cheap Football Jerseys Online . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. http://www.cheapnfloutletjerseys.com/ .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. FORT WORTH, Texas -- Alex Robinson scored 16 points and TCU rallied from an early 17-point deficit to beat Washington 86-71 on Wednesday night in a rare back-to-back meeting of non-conference opponents.Robinson had a career-high 24 points in the first game four days earlier in the Global Sports Classic in Las Vegas. The Horned Frogs (7-0) won the first meeting 93-80, but had just three points nearly nine minutes into the rematch after missing 15 of their first 17 shots.TCU went on an 18-0 run to erase a 22-5 deficit, going ahead by a point on a 3-pointer from Robinson, who scored nine during the run.The Frogs, under first-year coach and former TCU guard Jamie Dixon, went ahead for good on a 3-pointer late in the first half by JD Miller, who had 12 points. Freshman guard Jaylen Fisher scored 14 of his 15 points after halftime.Markelle Fultz led the Huskies (4-3) with 21 points, 14 rebounds and six assists -- but had six of the Huskies season-high 25 turnovers. Carlos Johnson added 13 points and eight boards.After trailing by 17 in the first half, TCU took its first 17-point lead when Miller blocked a layup attempt by Dominic Green and Robinson converted a three-point play at the other end for a 75-58 advantage.DOUBLING UPIts the fourth time since 1979-80 that Washington has played a non-conference opponent twice in the same season, but the second time in as many years. Washington beat Texas in last seasons opener in China before the Longhorns won in the Bahamas. ... The last timee Washington played the same non-conference opponent in back-to-back games was at Hawaii in 1975-76, winning both. Jerseys NFL China. ... TCU finished the 2009-10 season with consecutive losses to Mountain West Conference foe BYU. The Frogs beat Tulsa twice in non-conference in 2013-14 before going 0-18 in Big 12 play.BIG PICTUREWashington: The Huskies were dominant early behind Fultz but faded fast. They havent shown much depth behind the McDonalds All-American and will need to find some to be competitive in the Pac-12.TCU: The Frogs had some strong preseasons under former coach Trent Johnson as well, so it remains to be seen what this means with the difficult Big 12 season looming. But the Frogs have two straight wins over Power 5 conference foes led by top NBA prospects.UP NEXTWashington: The Huskies get a week off before traveling to No. 8 Gonzaga, the biggest test left before the start of Pac-12 play against Washington State on New Years Day.TCU: This was the start of eight straight games in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, seven at home. Arkansas State visits Saturday. The lone road game is at SMU. The last two in this home stretch are the first two in Big 12 play: No. 4 Kansas on Dec. 30 and unranked Oklahoma, a No. 2 seed in last seasons NCAA Tournament, on Jan. 3.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. ;cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '
Share: