t caused damage during games.For now, K | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Dec 4 '17
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. Wholesale Jets Jerseys . -- Swimming star Lilly King is holding her ground on doping.She wants cheaters out of the pool -- and out of international sports.On Friday, A little more than two weeks after the 19-year-old won the first of two Olympic gold medals, King embraced her new role as the unofficial spokeswoman for clean athletes everywhere.I dont think its necessarily a bad thing, she said during a news conference at Indiana University. If youre going to be the poster child for anything, I think thats a good thing. But I think if I feel the need to have the final word on something thats doping-related, then I guess Im fine with speaking out about that.I know Im right on every single thing about this, she added later.King arrived in Rio as a first-time Olympian and one of Americas rising young swimmers.While she wound up claiming gold in the 100-meter breaststroke and on the 400 medley relay team, it was what took place on the pool deck that turned her into a polarizing figure.After a television camera captured King wagging her finger at Russias Yulia Efimova in the 100 breast semifinals, King won her heat, climbed out of the pool and in a television interview explained she was no fan of athletes caught drug cheating.The comments were directed at Efimova, who took the silver in the 100 breast and then beat King in the 200 breast.Before returning home, Efimova called King immature and criticized her rival for creating a war on the Olympic stage.King didnt back down then and refused to do so again Friday.Actually, I had no intention of planning to speak out. ... That was really just me being myself, she said. I didnt really think I was saying anything horrible, I was just kind of speaking my mind.Other American swimmers and Indiana coach Ray Looze, who was on the coaching staff in Rio, immediately backed King.Their position hasnt changed, either.She was speaking her mind, saying what everyone else was thinking, said Cody Miller, who attended Indiana and also brought home two medals. There are people who were missing out on swimming in the Olympics because of people who didnt deserve to be there.Even with the Olympic Games over, King cant escape the controversy.Shes become a target of critics on social media, especially from Russia. King said the comments come from Russia and are quite interesting even though she can only read about half because shes not fluent in Russian.Others are a little more disconcerting.It is a little frustrating sometimes, like when I post a picture of me and my friend on Instagram and theyre saying things like `You dont deserve your gold medal, she said.But now that King is back on home soil, preparing for her sophomore season at Indiana, the hardest part will be getting ready for dual meets that lack the intensity of international competition.And at least she is surrounded by fans who largely agree with her opinion that the sports world needs to be cleaned up.The support has been great, especially from the people back home, King said. Theres something about people who are probably my parents age about the U.S.-Russia thing, which I didnt even really think about. But the support has been absolutely unreal.The other big swimming controversy -- Ryan Lochtes tale about an alleged robbery -- also has caused a stir on campus.King called it sad that Lochte stole the spotlight from the greatest American swim team in history.Looze, meanwhile, was upset that the evolving story overshadowed the second week of the Olympics. And when Looze returned to Bloomington, Indiana, he also had to engage in damage control.I have a Brazilian on my (Indiana) team and another Brazilian coming in and I had to apologize to both of them last night, Looze said. I told them its not representative of our country. Authentic Jets Jerseys . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. Cyber Monday Jets Jerseys . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. http://www.cheapjetsjerseys.net/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Athletics are staying put under new leadership and determined to find the right location for an intimate new ballpark that brings together the community with a great vibe for fans. One that will be privately funded and, in time, increase revenue and improve the on-field product.Its a big, bold plan. Committed new team President Dave Kaval just pulled off something similar in his other job: Building the San Jose Earthquakes second-year, state-of-the art Avaya Stadium, which just so happens to boast the largest outdoor bar in North America.Kaval is eager to get started evaluating several sites, communicate with city and business leaders and even open his office for two hours a week to anyone who wants to chat about the plan for this low-budget franchise.I know theyre starving for a place to call home, Kaval, also president of the MLS Earthquakes, said Thursday when he was formally introduced.He envisions a unique venue that honors the As winning past with statues of Hall of Famers Rickey Henderson and Reggie Jackson.Lew Wolff is selling all but a small stake in the As and giving up his managing partner role, turning it over to John Fisher.Wolff will become chairman emeritus and Fisher the managing partner. In addition, prior team President Michael Crowley is stepping away from day-to-day operations after nearly 20 years in the role but will advise the As ownership group. Kaval fills Crowleys position while also keeping his same position with the MLS team but focusing the majority of his time now on the As ballpark plan while restructuring his leadership team with the Quakes.Baseball owners approved the leadership transition for Oakland during meetings Thursday in Chicago. Wolff and Fisher bought the As on April 1, 2005.I am pleased my dear friend of almost 25 years, John Fisher, will be even more involved, Wolff wrote in an email to The Associated Press. I will miss Mike Crowley, who has contributed so much to the As, and I welcome my ?somewhat newer friend, Dave Kaval, who will bring lots of talent and energy to the As. And, I will be able to watch games with a slight degree of less stress, not much but a little!Wolff had been committed to keeping the As in Oakland but previously wannted to move the team to San Jose and build a new ballpark. Black Friday Jets Jerseys. Former Commissioner Bud Selig never ruled on whether the As could move into the San Francisco Giants cherished territory in technology-rich Silicon Valley. New Commissioner Rob Manfred said last month he would like to see the club stay put.Look, I think that John has been really engaged for over a year on the stadium project, Manfred said Thursday in Chicago. Hes made it his project. Hes really focused on Oakland as a result of some direction Ive given him with respect to my view of that market.While the NBA Golden State Warriors are planning for a new arena in San Francisco and the NFL Raiders are looking to relocate to Las Vegas, the As could be it for the East Bay.Whats critical is we need to find a place to bring this community together, Kaval said. The other teams look like they might be leaving. We might be the only team left.Manfred hinted at change when he spoke during the NL Division Series between the Cubs and Giants at San Franciscos AT&T Park, saying more would be known about the As situation soon. Manfred noted that Fisher has become more heavily involved in the ballpark planning and has made multiple trips to New York to meet with Manfred and MLB.In addition, Manfred said Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf told him the city is committed to keeping the As in town -- and Kaval will meet with her and other key leaders soon.The small-budget As won consecutive AL West titles in 2012 and `13, losing in five games of the division series to the Detroit Tigers in both years. But they still consider a new ballpark the top priority to be a regular contender. Oaklands payroll of $87 million, pending award bonuses and adjustments, is above only Tampa Bay and Milwaukee.The run-down Coliseum, shared with the Raiders and the last venue with both Major League Baseball and football, had multiple sewage problems in 2013 that caused damage during games.For now, Kaval wants to improve the fan experience at the Coliseum.I know its maybe lipstick on a pig, he said.---AP Sports Writer Jay Cohen in Chicago contributed to this report. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: