assroots to the international team. Chinese businessmen have responded to the presidents call by elevating the countrys influence in globa | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Dec 4 '18
ST. Hydro Flask 16 Oz Coffee. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Minnesota Twins had a chance to move past Tampa Bay and out of last place in the American League, but they ran into the Rays at their best.Evan Longoria, Bobby Wilson and Logan Forsythe all homered to back Chris Archers six strong innings as the Rays beat the Twins 7-3 on Saturday night.A win would have pulled Minnesota a half-game ahead of Tampa Bay 2 1/2 months after the Twins dismal 11-34 start. But at 44-66, they still have the worst record in the AL, 1 1/2 games behind the Rays 45-64.Archer (6-15) won for the third time in his last 15 starts, giving up one run and three hits and striking out seven to regain the American League lead in strikeouts with 168.Hes been trying to find ways to win games this year and tonight it seemed like he had it going, said Twins manager Paul Molitor. No question Archer was the difference in the game.Archer won for the first time in his last nine starts at home.I feel lately Ive been pretty efficient, even when Im not getting a lot of strikeouts, he said. Tonight the sixth inning got away from me a little bit but Im not even worried about it. Six was all the team needed tonight. I definitely wanted to go deeper but its not all about me, its about getting a team win.Alex Colome got the final two outs for his 27th save after the Twins rallied for two runs in the ninth. The Rays clinched their first winning homestand of the season, improving to 6-3 with the finale on Sunday.Longoria and Wilson homered off Minnesota starter Jose Berrios, who gave up four runs and six hits in five innings.Berrios (2-2) said Archers strong start added no additional pressure.I go out there and compete with my team, he said. Tonight that didnt happen but I tried to do my best. ... I made two or three mistakes tonight.Longorias 24th home run gave the Rays a 2-0 lead in the third. Wilson, re-acquired by the Rays off waivers from Texas on Thursday, homered in his second at bat and drove in another run with a single. Forsythe added his 11th home run in the seventh off reliever Trevor May.Brian Dozier drove in the Twins first run with a double in the sixth, extending his career-high hitting streak to 15 games.It is the longest current streak in the AL and the longest by a Twin since Joe Mauers 16-game streak two years ago.HOMERLESS FOR A NIGHTThe Twins, who have 29 home runs from Dozier and Max Kepler alone since June 19, went homerless on Saturday night. Molitor still doesnt consider them a home run-hitting team. We have athletic players, too, guys that can run, guys that can spray the ball around, run the bases, he said. Youll take the home runs, but I think overall, a consistent offense in terms of some of other things probably plays better over the long season.TRAINERS ROOMTwins: 3B Trevor Plouffe, on the disabled list with a fractured left rib, homered in the seventh inning for Triple-A Rochester to break up a perfect game Saturday night. The Twins expect to activate Plouffe as early as Monday.Rays: SS Matt Duffy (strained left Achilles tendon) plans to make his Tampa Bay debut Friday night at the New York Yankees. Duffy, acquired from San Francisco on Monday, said running the bases in a rehab game Friday with Class A Charlotte felt almost like nothing happened. ... The Rays placed OF Desmond Jennings (bruised left knee) on the 15-day disabled day and reinstated OF Mikie Mahtook (fractured left hand) from the DL. ... OF Oswaldo Arcia (strained right elbow) and 1B Logan Morrison (strained right forearm) could be ready for minor league games in the next week.UP NEXTTwins: RHP Kyle Gibson (3-6) will pitch the series finale. He is 0-4 with an 8.85 ERA in four starts against the Rays.Rays: RHP Matt Andriese (6-2) expects to be held to a pitch count around 80 in his second start since spending more than a month in the bullpen. Hydro Flask Standard Mouth Water Bottle.Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Hydro Flask 40 Oz Black Friday. The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. http://www.hydroflask32oz.com/32-oz-wide-mouth-bottle.html. "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. LONDON -- The English Premier League has sold its television rights in China for $700 million in its biggest-ever overseas sale, a person familiar with the deal said on Thursday.Online video streaming service PPTV sealed a three-year deal to broadcast all 380 matches each season across China from 2019-20, the person told The Associated Press.The person spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the negotiations are confidential with PPTV, a media division of Chinas Suning retail group which also owns Italian club Inter Milan.PPTVs 2019-2022 deal is worth more than 10 times the current contract with Super Sports Media Group, which is paying around $20 million a season. PPTV also has the live rights for games from Spains La Liga in China.The bumper Premier League agreement is a sign of the anticipated enduring attraction of the worlds richest soccer competition just as there has been discussion in England about declining domestic ratings for games.The Premier League has just started a new TV rights cycle, generating around 8.3 billion pounds ($10 billion) from broadcasters through 2019, with more than 5.1 billion pounds coming from English payy-tv networks. Hydro Flask 18 Oz Wide Mouth. The rights through 2022 have already been sold in the United States to NBC, which signed a $1 billion, six-year deal. The windfall from PPTV eclipses NBCs contract in the latest hefty investment in soccer by China.President Xi Jinping has made improving Chinese soccer a priority, from the grassroots to the international team. Chinese businessmen have responded to the presidents call by elevating the countrys influence in global soccer.Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion, Aston Villa, and Wolverhampton Wanderers have received investment from China over the last year.In Italy, Inters rival, AC Milan, is also set to fall under Chinese ownership next month when Sino-Europe Sports completes its takeover from three-time former premier and billionaire businessman Silvio Berlusconi.China is also looking to host the World Cup for the first time after Chinese conglomerate Wanda Group signed up as a FIFA sponsor until 2030.---Rob Harris is at www.twitter.com/RobHarris and www.facebook.com/RobHarrisReports cheap falcons jerseyscheap ravens jerseyscheap bills jerseyscheap bears jerseyscheap bengals jerseyscheap cowboys jerseyscheap lions jerseyscheap texans jerseyscheap colts jerseyscheap jaguars jerseyscheap chiefs jerseyscheap rams jerseyscheap dolphins jerseyscheap vikings jerseyscheap saints jerseyscheap giants jerseyscheap jets jerseyscheap eagles jerseyscheap steelers jerseyscheap 49ers jerseys' ' ' 
Share: