Santiago Casilla Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
elaine95
elaine95 Nov 18 '18

CHICAGO (AP) — Ryan Zimmerman had done little in his career against Cubs ace Jon Lester until Saturday.The veteran slugger turned around that matchup in a big way.Zimmerman hit two home runs off a shaky Lester and tied a career high with six RBIs http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-terry-steinbach-jersey , sending the Washington Nationals over Chicago 9-4.“I think he made some mistakes over the middle of the plate,” Zimmerman said. “Usually he’s really good, against righties at least, bringing that cutter in off the plate and working both sides of the plate.”“He just made a couple of mistakes over the middle. Other than that, he threw the ball pretty well. But I thought we did a good job of waiting. When he made those mistakes, we took advantage of it.”Zimmerman hit a two-run homer in the first inning, had a sacrifice fly to the warning track in the third and chased Lester with a three-run drive in the fourth that made it 9-1. He is batting .355 (16 for 45) with four homers and 16 RBIs in 14 games since returning from the disabled list last month.The righty-swinging Zimmerman had just two hits in 16 at-bats against the left-hander until breaking loose. Daniel Murphy also homered and had three hits, helping Tanner Roark (7-12) win his fourth straight start.Lester (12-5) was tagged for eight earned runs and 10 hits in 3 2/3 innings. He is winless in his last five starts for the NL Central leaders, going 0-3 with a 10.32 ERA during that span.Both manager Joe Maddon and Lester insist there’s nothing physically ailing the All-Star.“I gave up 10 hits today and nine were on my fastball, so I guess I’m just in this rut right now,” Lester said. “I probably felt like that was some of the better stuff I had in the last couple of starts, and that was the outcome.”After Lester retired the first two batters of the game, Bryce Harper singled and Zimmerman homered to center.Washington broke it open with six runs in the fourth. Murphy had a two-run homer, Trea Turner drove in a run with a single and Zimmerman capped the burst with his ninth home run.“If we can get him going Dave Henderson Jersey , continuing to get him going the way he’s doing right now,” manager Dave Martinez said of Zimmerman, “that’s going to be a huge addition.”FRIENDLY CONFINESRoark allowed two runs on nine hits in 7 2/3 innings, striking out seven and walking one. The right-hander has allowed four earned runs over 29 2/3 innings during the four-start winning streak.The native of Wilmington — about 60 miles south of Wrigley Field — is 4-0 with 2.74 ERA in his last five starts against the Cubs, and has a 1.80 ERA in his last three starts in Chicago.“I have a lot of family that come out and support me, which is great,” he said. “I hear people yelling my name when I walk on or walk off the field.”MR. 1,000Anthony Rizzo got his 1,000th career hit with a third-inning single. All but the first 18, which he got for San Diego, have come in a Cubs uniform.“I’m fortunate to pretty much have been healthy my entire career so far, so obviously it’s a nice milestone,” he said.TRAINER’S ROOMNationals: RHP Stephen Strasburg (pinched nerve in neck) threw a 64-pitch bullpen on Saturday and said that he “felt really good.” He’s scheduled to throw a simulated game on Wednesday. If all goes well in that, a rehab start likely will be the next step. “We want to make sure when he does get back http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-dennis-eckersley-jersey , he’s going to pitch every five days,” Martinez said.Cubs: 3B Kris Bryant (left shoulder inflammation) took ground balls and a few swings on Saturday, but there is no timetable for his return . RHP Yu Darvish (triceps and elbow injuries) likely will throw a live BP session on Sunday.UP NEXTNationals RHP Max Scherzer (15-5, 2.28 ERA) will try to become the majors’ first 16-game winner in the finale of the series on Sunday night. Scherzer also leads the majors in strikeouts with 216 in 161 2/3 innings. LHP Cole Hamels (7-9, 4.38) makes his third start with the Cubs. He has allowed just one earned in 11 innings during the first two starts. HOUSTON — The standard of expectation is so high for the Houston Astros, reigning World Series champions and possessors of the second-best record in baseball, that any unusually poor performance subsequently demands a lengthy explanation from all the involved parties.On Wednesday, the Astros (95-67) closed their season series against the Seattle Mariners with a thud, suffering a 9-0 loss that matched their largest defeat by margin on the season. Houston suffered a pair of nine-run setbacks in the span of six days in late July and are a robust 35-8 in blowouts (games decided by five or more runs) this season. Yet, with a postseason berth nearly clinched and the hard-charging Oakland Athletics in dogged pursuit for the American League West title and the No. 2 seed in the playoff picture, the timing of the performance troubled.“September baseball,” said Astros manager A.J. Hinch, whose club is 13-4 this month. “I know that’s kind of a thing this year where everybody is using a lot of pitchers. It’s a lot easier to do it in September. It’s a challenge. It’s no different than when you run into a spot starter, you run into a game where they can utilize their whole bullpen depending on their schedule.”Article continues below ...Right-hander Gerrit Cole (14-5 Santiago Casilla Jersey , 2.88 ERA) will start on eight days of rest on Friday when the Astros host the Los Angeles Angels for their final series of the regular season at Minute Maid Park. Cole was slated to start on Tuesday against the Mariners but was pushed back in deference to additional rest for the stretch run. He has allowed two runs in each of his last three starts and is 2-0 with a 3.24 ERA this month. Cole has faced the Angels three times in 2018, going 1-1 with a 3.57 ERA. He is 2-1 with a 3.52 ERA over five career starts against the Angels.Left-hander Andrew Heaney (9-9, 3.97 ERA) gets the starting nod for the Angels. He faced the Astros in consecutive starts to close August, twirling six shutout innings with six strikeouts in a 5-2 victory at Minute Maid Park on Aug. 30 after surrendering five runs on eight hits and one walk over six innings in a 9-3 loss six days earlier at Angel Stadium. Heaney is 3-1 with a 2.42 ERA over four starts against the Astros this season and 3-1 with a 1.95 ERA against Houston over six career starts.The Angels (75-78) suffered the worst loss in franchise history on Thursday, falling to the Athletics 21-3 and enabling Oakland to close to within 3 1/2 games of the Astros in the division. They have dropped five of seven games after winning seven of nine to climb back to .500.The lone interesting footnote for the Angels from their blowout loss to Oakland: Francisco Arcia became the first player in league history to catch, pitch, and homer in the same game. Arcia, who started the afternoon behind the plate, allowed three runs on four hits while pitching the seventh and eighth innings. He then slugged a solo home run, his sixth home run on the season, with two outs in the ninth inning off Athletics right-hander Chris Hatcher.

Share: