onth, leaving the pups he mentored last season to strike out on their own. The best players on this team are very, very young, so watching the lea | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Nov 16 '18
BEREA, Ohio -- Three months later, Robert Griffin III is starting anew with the Browns. Cheap Jordan 6 Free Shipping .RG3 wants to make the wait worth it.Its all about being in the right situation at the right time, he said Thursday.Griffin, who didnt make it out of Clevelands season opener without getting hurt, will make his second start on Sunday when the 0-12 Browns host the Cincinnati Bengals.Griffin hasnt played since breaking a bone in his left shoulder in the Sept. 11 season opener at Philadelphia, an injury that only strengthened the argument that hes brittle and set the stage for the worst stretch in Browns history.But after showing coach Hue Jackson in practice that hes healthy and ready, Griffin will make just his second start since 2014.Its another chance to show doubters that hes durable and perhaps the beginning of a four-game audition to prove to the Browns that he can be their long-term answer at quarterback.My job is to go out there and make them believe that, he said. Every single day that you come into the building, you have to show the coaches, show the organization youre going to do what it takes to be that guy.That doesnt change just because they name you the starter or just because youre playing. Its an everyday thing. Not just a Sunday thing.Thats always been my focus is to come in here and show my teammates that I can do this for them. If we all do our job equally, we can go out there and win football games and thats the bottom line.In a season thats been a straight line drop, the Browns have come full circle with Griffin, who signed with the team in March hoping to revive his career after being released by Washington.Jackson held off until Wednesday night before telling Griffin he would start. Its the sixth quarterback change this season for the rebuilding Browns, who have been overrun by injuries. Jackson watched and re-watched practice film before settling on Griffin, who will be backed up Sunday by rookie Cody Kessler.He gives us a chance to win, Jackson said, adding that he needs a larger sampling size on Griffin before making any judgments about him for the future. Im not expecting for everything to go perfect.You dont want to put that kind of pressure on anybody. Again, its his second game in a little over maybe two years. So hopefully it will go right. But if it doesnt thats OK, too.We all understand the situation that hes in and that hes facing. But I think hes up to the challenge.In his debut for the Browns, Griffin completed 12 of 26 passes for 190 yards and an interception. He got hurt in the fourth quarter when he was hit while trying to run out of bounds, taking an unnecessary hit near the sideline.But after knocking off some rust, Griffin made good throws in practice and showed enough of a grasp of the offense for Jackson to bring him back.Jacksons counting on Griffin to play without fear.That is what I have seen in practice, he said. I wanted to really evaluate it all because sometimes, guys tell you they can do that, but they will not do that. We wont really know until Sunday, but I think what I have seen in practice is a guy who is ready to play. We will put him out there and go from there.Griffin wore a No Pressure, No Diamonds hooded sweatshirt when he met with reporters. Its a motto he first adopted while winning the Heisman Trophy at Baylor, where the Bears turned around their program and its a mantra he lives by now.Its nothing that I force on anybody, but it speaks volumes to what were going through here, too, he said. Were trying to change the culture and we want to get late in the season, and then next year to have an opportunity to make a run for a championship.Jackson said Griffin needs to show the Browns he can make it through a grind through a 16-game season. The 26-year-old has missed time with knee, ankle and shoulder injuries.The most important thing about that position is availability, Jackson said. And I think he gets that. It (the shoulder injury was) unfortunate. We cant change that. All he can do is play now and show what he can do for this team and for all of us.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Jordan Retro 6 For Sale . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. Cheap Jordan 6 Online http://www.airjordan6cheap.com/ . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. MINNEAPOLIS -- There is a gaping hole in the northeast corner of Target Center, the result of a renovation that has started on the Minnesota Timberwolves aging arena to update it as much as possible without completely tearing it down and starting from scratch.After almost a decade-long identity crisis, the major rebuilding of the roster is finally over.With Karl-Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins and Zach LaVine, a core is firmly entrenched that makes one of leagues most unsuccessful franchises the subject of envy for its wealth of young talent. Tom Thibodeau has arrived to give the Wolves a top-flight coach to take over their on-the-job education. And they are just plain sick and tired of hearing about the teams 12-year playoff drought.It bothers me, Towns said. It truly bothers me. Its something I dont want to hear anymore. Im tired of hearing about a drought around here. Thats something that annoys me and bothers me. What I can do to control that is come in every day, work tremendously hard and do everything possible to help us be the winning team we see ourselves being.The Timberwolves won 29 games a year ago, a 13-game improvement from the previous season. They will likely need at least 12 more wins this season to be in the mix in the competitive Western Conference.Despite starting three players who are 21 or younger, their optimism is high.There are a lot of guys on the team that have never been in the playoffs and theyve been here for a long time, Wiggins said. We havent seen it. Now we finally have the perfect pieces to get there, the perfect opportunity this year. Were very confident. Were overly excited. We just want to work hard to get there.The Timberwolves open the regular season on Wednesday in Memphis. Here are some things to watch this season:VETERAN WIGGINSThere is relative certainty surrounding Towns ability to assert himself as an elite big man in the league. It remains a little unclear just how great Wiggins will be. He has worked tirelessly to improve his ball-handling and perimeter shooting to become an All-Star caliber player. If Thibodeau and Wiggins can form the relationship that helps the supremely talented wing play with fire more consistently, look out.DUNNS DEVVELOPMENTThe Wolves grabbed point guard Kris Dunn with the fifth overall pick in June, and there is a lot of speculation that he will eventually supplant Ricky Rubio as the starter. Wholesale Jordan 6 Shoes. . But point guard is the most difficult position to play in the league, and the Wolves have no reason to rush him into that role on a team that desperately wants to make the playoffs. Dunn has shot poorly in the preseason, but Thibodeau has already proclaimed him NBA-ready on defense, which is a big thing for the coach.BJELICAS BOUNCEBACKNemanja Bjelica came to the Timberwolves last season after being named Euroleague MVP in Turkey, but struggled with injuries and making an adjustment to the NBA game. He has looked much more comfortable during the preseason of Year No. 2. If he can emerge as the playmaking, sharpshooting, stretch 4 with the second unit, the ceiling for the team raises significantly.BYE, BYE KGFranchise icon Kevin Garnett retired earlier this month, leaving the pups he mentored last season to strike out on their own. The best players on this team are very, very young, so watching the leadership element develop will be intriguing. Towns has quickly asserted himself as one of the teams hardest workers and most vocal communicators, so he is a natural candidate.We talked. I know what I must do, Towns wrote on Instagram after KG retired. Ill take it from here.FINANCIAL MATTERSWith so many young players under contract, the Timberwolves enter the season with cap space galore. But that space will be chewed up in the coming years when Wiggins, LaVine and Towns come up for extensions. One of the interesting pieces in the immediate future is versatile big man Gorgui Dieng. If the Wolves do not reach agreement on an extension with him by the end of the month, he will become a restricted free agent next summer and likely command a salary on the open market of $17 million a year or more. Thibodeau is a big fan of Diengs game, but it remains to be seen if the two sides can come to an agreement.---Follow Jon Krawczynski on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/APKrawczynski Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: