n in 1950. Park will go for her fourth major in a row at the Womens British Open next month. Notes: Matthew has recorded 36-hole totals of 132 o | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Nov 16 '18
Bypassing a race in Sydney has paid off for the connections of Snoopy with a hard-fought win at Flemington. Adidas Originals Stan Smith Cheap .The Hawkes Racing-trained galloper was heavily supported to take out the Western Health Pharmacy Cup on Saturday and didnt let his supporters down.Snoopy was an entrant for the TAB Handicap at Rosehill but the stable selected the race in Melbourne where the gelding was handicapped on the minimum of 54kg.Providing Dwayne Dunn the second leg of a double, Snoopy was sent out the $2.35 favourite before scoring a half-length victory over Rough Justice ($8) with Tashbeeh ($6) a length away third.Co-trainer Wayne Hawkes said the addition of blinkers to Snoopys gear had contributed to the gelding finding form.Snoopy first sported the headwear when successful at Rosehill on November 26.His run two starts ago was good but the blinkers have certainly made the difference, Hawkes said.No special plans are in place for Snoopy who recorded his sixth win from 16 starts and Hawkes is hoping the four-year-old can continue his recent run of winning form.Hes one the favourites in the stable and has a great nature and a great attitude, Hawkes said.Dunn, who scored earlier aboard Electric Tribute, said the fast-run race suited Snoopy.We were hiking along, Dunn said.I think he needs it where its not a sprint home as the better class of horses can outsprint him.The double for Dunn kept him one win clear of rival Craig Williams in the Melbourne jockeys premiership.Williams, who leaves on Sunday for a stint in Hong Kong, rode a double courtesy of Divine Mr Artie and Khaki and has ridden 10 metropolitan winners from the last four meetings.Also enjoying good fortune is the Lindsay Park stable of David and Ben Hayes and Tom Dabernig who scored with Hell Or Highwater in the Hollywood Nails Handicap.Her win was the stables 13th from the past four metropolitan meetings which included a quartet at Pakenham last Saturday.The combination of Darren Weir and apprentice Ben Allen bookended the Flemington meeting, scoring with Lyuba in the opening race and then Ozi Choice in the Western Health Foundation Handicap. Adidas Stan Smith Wholesale .5 million, one-year contract on Friday. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will compete with Rex Brothers for the closers role at spring training. Cheapest Adidas Stan Smith . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. http://www.cheapadidasstansmith.com/ . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. WATERLOO, Ont. -- With the greens soft and weather conditions ideal, Catriona Matthew was aggressive from the start of her round Friday at the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic. She nearly holed her approach shot on the opening hole before settling for par. The eagle she barely missed out on would come four holes later. Five birdies followed in her bogey-free round, vaulting Matthew into top spot at 15-under-par 127 at the tournaments midway point. "It feels really good, Ive holed a lot of putts but Ive given myself a lot of chances," Matthew said. "I wouldnt really say Ive holed many super-long ones but just every time Ive given myself a chance Im kind of taking advantage of them." The 127 total blew away her previous career-best 36-hole mark on tour by five strokes. Matthew was three shots ahead of American Angela Stanford (67). Anna Nordqvist of Sweden shot a 64 and was tied at 11 under with American Ryann OToole (65), Spains Belen Mozo (66) and South Koreas Chella Choi (65) and Meena Lee (66). Matthew, who hit a 25-foot-putt for eagle on the par-5 fifth hole, birdied two of the next three holes for a 32 on the front nine. She was at a loss to explain her comfort level on the southwestern Ontario course. "I would say first time here, obviously suits my eye a little bit, maybe just got the speed of the greens," Matthew said. "I think thats the important thing. When youre holing putts, it all seems quite easy." Matthew missed only one fairway on the day and hit all but one green in regulation. It was warm and sunny Friday but the greens were still moist from rain earlier in the week. Stanford played this event in its inaugural season last year and said the course is playing much different this time around. "I think the firmness of the greens last year made it a little bit tougher," she said. "You had to kind of pay attention to where you were landing it. "This week theyre so soft you can kind of go pin hunting." The wide fairways and open layout of the 6,330-yard, par-71 course rewarded consistency off the tee. The ball often sat tight near the pin after quality approach shots instead of rolling through, resulting in many birdie and eagle opportunities. Eleven players cracked the double-digit mark after only 36 holes.. Adidas Stan Smith Cheapest Price. . It could mean a score of -20 -- or better -- will be needed to win the US$1.3-million tournament. Top-ranked Inbee Park of South Korea, who is looking to win her fourth straight LPGA Tour event, had a 67 and was tied with three other players at 10 under. Brooke Henderson of Smiths Falls, Ont., shot a 66 and was the top Canadian at 6 under. The weather forecast is calling for the same comfortable conditions over the last two rounds. "Course conditions determine a lot. This setup, like last year, was not easy," Stanford said. "Anywhere in the world if greens get soft, it makes it a lot more accessible. So I dont think the layout is what makes it easy. I think just the fact that theyve had so much rain here and its softer. "But if its firm and fast, then youve got to pay attention to where you land your ball and running through fairways. So I think its just the greens being soft has been our gift this week." Park is trying to become the first golfer to win four straight LPGA tournaments since Lorena Ochoa in 2008. "I mean this golf course is very scorable, and a lot of people are going on birdie streaks," Park said. "Its tough to follow that many birdies all four days. Im trying my best to get it out there." Nancy Lopez holds the tour record with five consecutive victories in 1978, a mark equalled by Annika Sorenstam over the 2004-05 seasons. Park recently won the U.S. Womens Open to become the first player to win the years first three majors since Babe Zaharias swept the three majors played in the LPGAs inaugural season in 1950. Park will go for her fourth major in a row at the Womens British Open next month. Notes: Matthew has recorded 36-hole totals of 132 on two occasions, the most recent in 2005. ... Park turned 25 on Friday. Fans in the grandstand at the 18th hole sang "Happy Birthday" to her as she walked off the green after sinking a short birdie putt. Park, who started her round on the 11th hole, smiled and waved to the crowd. ... Henderson and Jennifer Kirby of Paris, Ont., were added to the 144-player field as sponsor exemptions. Kirby and Charlottetowns Lorie Kane were at 5-under-par 137. Hamiltons Alena Sharp was the other Canadian to make it to the weekend, just making the cut at 3 under. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: