Jon Lester, you get a Jon Lester, and | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 9 '17
BOSTON -- The suddenly high-scoring Boston Bruins are showing no mercy, even for the departed goalie who led them to the Stanley Cup. Cordy Glenn Jersey . Milan Lucic scored twice and the Bruins spoiled Tim Thomas first game in Boston as a visitor with a 6-2 win over the Florida Panthers on Tuesday night. "I think I mightve enjoyed myself watching the State of the Union more," said Thomas, not a big fan of President Barack Obama, who delivered the speech at the same time as the Bruins were beating the Panthers for the sixth straight time. "No, probably not." In 2011, Thomas didnt accompany his teammates to the White House for the ceremony with Obama marking their championship that year. Boston scored six goals for the third straight game, following road wins of 6-1 and 6-3. The Atlantic Division leaders improved to 5-0-1 in their last six games. Why all that scoring for a team known for its defence? "Weve been able to get out of our zone cleanly and establish the rush," Lucic said. They kept going to the very end, with Carl Soderberg charging into the crease where an angry Thomas swung his stick, hitting Soderberg in the helmet with 4 seconds left. "With less than a minute left in the game and theyre up by four goals," Thomas said, "I took exception to that." Soderberg proclaimed his innocence. "I was just going for the rebound," he said. "We cant stop playing." Even if the opposing goalie was Thomas, who won the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP with the Bruins in 2011. He spent one more season with them, took last season off and then joined the Panthers. "Tims always going to be a part of this organization for what hes done," Boston coach Claude Julien said, "but we just have to look at him as the opposing goalie." Zdeno Chara, Reilly Smith, Shawn Thornton and David Krejci also scored for Boston, which led 4-0 until Brad Boyes connected for Florida with 2:33 left in the second period. Dmitry Kulikov added a power-play goal for the Panthers 4 minutes into the third. "All four lines are putting the puck in the net," Krejci said. "Thats good to see." Fans applauded lightly when Thomas was introduced as the starting goalie. But after Thornton made it 5-2 just more than 8 minutes into the third period, they derisively chanted, "Thomas! Thomas!" "I didnt really hear it too much," Thomas said. "There were really not a lot of feelings." Thomas played against the Bruins for the first time on Oct. 17 in Bostons 3-2 win at Florida. He travelled with the Panthers to Boston but did not play Nov. 7 in the Bruins 4-1 victory. For the second consecutive game, the Bruins were the early aggressors, outshooting the Panthers 19-8 in the first period. On Monday night, Boston took 18 of the first 20 shots in a 6-3 win over the New York Islanders. Lucic gave the Bruins a 1-0 lead at 7:41 of the first period on a rebound after Thomas stopped Jarome Iginlas shot from the right circle. Lucic was initially credited with the second goal less than 8 minutes later when Charas 45-foot shot from the right appeared to hit him before bouncing over Thomas and trickling into the net. The scoring was changed when it was determined that the puck hit Thomas glove, not Lucic. But that didnt stop a few spectators from throwing hats on the ice early in the second, thinking Lucic had completed a hat trick when he scored his 15th of the season on a short backhand. Smith made it 4-0 with his team-leading 18th goal at 14:54 of the second on a pass across the slot from Soderberg. He beat Thomas to the open side of the net. "That wasnt (Thomas) best game," Panthers coach Peter Horachek said, "but I dont think there were a lot of solid efforts by many of the players." After Boyes ruined Tuukka Rasks bid for his fourth shutout in 13 decisions, Kulikov made it 4-2. His goal ended an 0-for-43 power-play drought for the Panthers over their previous 13 games and the first two periods Tuesday. Rask finished with 28 saves. NOTES: Sean Bergenheims assist on Kulikovs goal was his 150th NHL point. It came in his 100th game with the Panthers. ... Bruins forward Chris Kelly played for the first time since missing 22 games with a broken leg. ... Boston is 12-2 in its last 14 home games. John Miller Jersey .com) - The Los Angeles Dodgers made it official Tuesday and signed pitcher Brandon McCarthy to a four-year contract. Eric Wood Jersey . Indeed, must be among the greatest challenges in all of sports. The pressure he applies, from set to set, game to game, point to point, shot to shot.CHICAGO -- Josh Donaldson checked out the video and figured out the problem. The quick fix led to a big night. Donaldson had a career-high five hits while driving in four runs, helping Jon Lester and the Oakland Athletics beat the Chicago White Sox 11-2 on Tuesday. Donaldson also scored two runs as Oakland got just its third win in 12 games. It was quite a turnaround for Donaldson after striking out four times the previous night. Watching video at the hotel after Mondays game, the All-Star third baseman noticed the position of his hands was throwing off his timing. "I think baseball is just a stupid game," he said. "Its just one of those things where last night, I didnt even come close to touching anything -- four punches. Tonight, I was able to get the most hits in my career in one game. You just try to turn the page, try to forget it." Lester (14-10) gave up two runs over eight innings, and the Athletics took advantage of a season-high five errors by Chicago. One negative for Oakland was Craig Gentry suffering a concussion in a collision at first base while beating out a bunt single in the fifth. He was replaced by Josh Reddick. The Athletics are trying to hang on to a wild card after plummeting out of the AL West race, and they came away with a much needed win. Lester gave up seven hits, struck out eight and walked two after going 0-3 in his previous four starts. He was sailing along with a 5-0 lead when Dayan Viciedo homered leading off the seventh. Carlos Sanchez got thrown out trying to stretch an RBI double to a triple, ending the inning, and Oakland pulled away. Chicagos John Danks (9-11) lasted six innings, allowing four runs -- two earned -- and seven hits. He is 0-5 in his past eight starts. Third baseman Marcus Semien had a rough night with three errors, and the White Sox lost for the fifth time in six games. "I can look at the plays all I want," Semien said. "I can practice them. I just want to come back tomorrow, have a good day of work, and if Im in there, forget about today and move on." Donaldson singled and scored in a two-run fourth, and then added a two-run double in the fifth to make it 4-0. That hit camee right after Gentry left the game. Micah Hyde Jersey. Coco Crisp had just reached on an error leading off the inning when Gentry got down a bunt toward the right side. He beat Danks throw, but his head collided with Sanchezs shoulder while the second baseman was covering the bag. Gentry stayed down for several minutes, holding his head while being tended to, before walking gingerly off the field. "Thats tough to see," Lester said. "Thats kind of the whole personality behind this team. You go hard until you get knocked down. We try to use it as a figure of speech, not actually literally go out there and get knocked out. Hopefully its not that bad." TRAINERS ROOM Athletics: Closer Sean Doolittle (strained muscle in the rib area) will throw a side session on Wednesday and, barring a setback, could rejoin the bullpen on Thursday, manager Bob Melvin said. ... Melvin hopes C John Jaso will be cleared to play after he consults with concussion expert Dr. Micky Collins in Pittsburgh on Wednesday. ... Melvin said C/OF Stephen Vogt (sprained left ankle) is improving but not ready to resume baseball activities. White Sox: Manager Robin Ventura isnt sure when retiring 1B Paul Konerko (fractured left hand) will be ready to swing again. He is expected to return before the season -- and his career -- ends. UP NEXT Jeff Samardzija (4-5, 3.70 ERA) makes his first start in Chicago since the Cubs traded him to Oakland on July 5, while Chris Bassitt (0-1, 7.36 ERA) pitches for the White Sox. MISSING CESPEDES? Tuesdays game aside, its no secret Oakland has struggled on offence since sending Yoenis Cespedes to Boston in the Lester trade. But when asked if the Athletics are missing the slugger, Melvin sidestepped the question. "The balance was, do we have enough offence or do we need more pitching?" Melvin said. "And thats what we came to terms with, is when you get a Jon Lester, you get a Jon Lester, and we try to mix and match and pick up the pieces where Ces was." STREAKS END Chicagos Tyler Flowers saw his career-high eight-game hitting streak end, and Adam Eaton snapped an 0-for-14 slide with a single in the sixth. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: