the remainder of the season with a knee injur | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Nov 29 '17
RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. Draymond Green Team USA Jersey . -- Lexi Thompsons play around the greens has held her back at times in her young LPGA Tour career, lagging behind her powerful long game. On Friday in the Kraft Nabisco Championship, her putting touch carried her to the top of the leaderboard in the first major championship of the year. The 19-year-old Thompson, already a three-time winner on the tour, shot a bogey-free 8-under 64 at Mission Hills for a share of the lead with Se Ri Pak. "I worked extremely hard in the off-season on my short game and just trying to get my game a lot more consistent," Thompson said. She had only 25 putts after taking 35 in a first-round 73. "I just had a little bit of speed issues yesterday," Thompson said. "I didnt really commit to my lines and I came up short a lot. I just went out today and picked my line and sped up my tempo a little bit and went up to it and said, Im going to knock it in." After experimenting with a stance close to the ball to get her eyes more over the putting line, shes standing farther away in a more natural position. "Even as a little kid I stood far away from the ball and took the putter inside. I just went right back to that," Thompson said. "I moved farther away and just take one look at the hole and just knock it in. Hopefully." Pak birdied the final hole for a 70 to match Thompson at 7-under 137. The 36-year-old South Korean player won the last of her five major titles in 2006 and has 25 LPGA Tour victories. "Everything has just been really solid," Pak said. "I kept it fairways, greens, always the goal every hole. I had a lot of opportunities, but putting is not as good as yesterday. Still, just really smooth, solid round. Im really happy about the way I finished." Michelle Wie was a stroke back after a 71. "Im really excited," Wie said. "Its fun being near the top of the leaderboard. But try not to look forward too much. Its a long way til Sunday." Thompson birdied eight of the last 13 holes after opening with five pars. "I was just trying to stay in the moment and focus on each shot, not really think about what I was shooting," Thompson said. "I had the same confidence over every shot, just committing to my line and just being confident." She made a 20-foot birdie putt from the fringe on the par-3 17th -- her eighth hole -- and two-putted for birdie after reaching the par-5 18th in two. Thompson holed a breaking 30-foot birdie putt on the par-4 first, made a 4-footer on the par-4 third and ran in a 20-foot putt on the par-4 fourth after slashing out from under a tree in the left rough. She added an 8-foot birdie putt on the par-4 seventh and closed with a 10-footer on the par-5 ninth after hitting into the greenside bunker in two. "This is my favourite tournament of the year," Thompson said. "Its so beautiful, like really nice weather, and the fans are amazing. Im really comfortable with the golf course. I get to hit a lot of drivers, so I just aim up the right side and hit my little draw." Wie opened with a 10-foot birdie putt on the par-4 10th, and dropped a stroke on the par 13th after driving behind a tree in the right rough. She had a three-putt par on 18 -- missing a 3-footer -- after reaching the water-guarded green in two. "It felt good to start off with a birdie," Wie said. "After that, really just couldnt get anything going. ... But it felt good. Par is a good score out here." On the par-5 second, she made a 25-foot birdie putt after hitting a snap hook off the tee. Instead of going out of bounds, the ball hit a tree and ricocheted into the fairway. "It was a pretty lucky shot," Wie said. "I thought it was for sure OB." First-round leader Shanshan Feng bogeyed the final two holes for a 73 to drop into a tie for fourth with Cristie Kerr at 5 under. Kerr had a 70. Thompson, Pak and Wie played in calm morning conditions, while the breeze picked up as Feng and Kerr finished their afternoon rounds on the overcast day. "The wind kind of picked up, so it was actually tougher playing compared to yesterday," Feng said. "I think I actually did pretty well. I did make two bogeys coming in, but I was still concentrating, and it just happens. Sometimes you make good strokes and they dont fall on this course. Im still positive." Anna Nordqvist, the winner in Thailand in February and Carlsbad last week, was tied for sixth at 4 under after a 69. Stacy Lewis, the 2011 champion, had a 70 to join 16-year-old Lydia Ko and Hall of Famer Karrie Webb at 1 under. Ko and Webb, a two-time winner this year, also shot 70. Defending champion Inbee Park was even par after a 70. Deron Williams USA Jersey . Louis Cardinals a hard-fought victory. The Colorado Rockies intentionally walked Yadier Molina with one out and runners on first and third to load the bases for Kozma. Kobe Bryant USA Jersey . She still remembers the massive roar of the home crowd when the Canadians walked out on the pitch before 47,784 fans at Commonwealth Stadium in 2002. Lang expects a similar reception for the Canadian team as the host nation at this years tournament, which begins Tuesday.OTTAWA -- The Ottawa Senators were looking for a little redemption and Saturday night they were able to find it. Coming off an embarrassing 5-0 loss to the Boston Bruins on Friday night the Senators made the most of the rematch as they defeated the Bruins 4-3 at the Canadian Tire Centre. "Any time you drop a game like that and you get a chance for redemption and you dont take advantage of that things can spiral from there," said Bobby Ryan. "Hopefully this is a building block." Ryan was the games hero as he broke a 3-3 tie late in the third to give Ottawa the 4-3 lead. "We had it in our mind-set all night long that we were going to come out with two points (Saturday)," said Ryan. Patrick Wiercioch, Cory Conacher and Zack Smith also scored for the Senators (16-18-7). Craig Anderson stopped 29 shots to earn the victory. Daniel Paille, Jarome Iginla and David Warsofsky scored for the Bruins (26-11-2). Tuukka Rask allowed three goals on 12 shots before being replaced by Chad Johnson, who allowed one goal on 18 shots. Saturdays game marked the halfway mark of the season for the Senators, who continue to chase a playoff spot. Both teams were missing a number of key players, including their captains as Ottawa was without Jason Spezza and the Bruins were without Zdeno Chara. Both sat out with lower body injuries. The Senators got off to a strong start and managed to play well enough through 60 minutes to hold off the Bruins to the delight of the 20,500 on hand in Ottawa, but it didnt come easily. Smith was called for a faceoff violation with 1:51 remaining in regulation, leaving Ottawa shorthanded but with a 4-3 lead. Still, the Senators managed to hold off the hard-pressing Bruins and earn the win. "You never want to put your team in that position, but I had faith in the guys killing and obviously Anderson was playing very well," said Smith. "That was a tough one to take. Its not a call thats called consistently so I think someone has to get on the same page about that one. If theyre going to call it they have to call it all the time I think." Anderson was solid as the Senators held off the Bruins and when asked what it was like to face the onslaught he replied, "exhausting." "They had a 6-on-4 there and they were moving the puck pretty good and we got a couple of key blocks and that was the difference," said Anderson. "When youre out-manned like that anything can happen." Anderson admitted the team wasnt feeling very good after Fridays loss and says the fact they weree able to rebound with a win shows a lot of character. Jimmy Butler USA Jersey. "Its all about how you respond," said Anderson. "Its not about what happens to you its how you respond and I think we came out here and we responded in the right way. Now the key is we have to respond again going forward." Ryan scored the winner at 15:25 of the third after forcing a turnover at the Ottawa blue-line and breaking in alone, beating Johnson with a high backhand. Earlier, the Senators caught a break when what would have been Iginlas second of the night was reviewed and ruled to be kicked in, keeping the game tied 3-3. Iginla admitted he wasnt all that surprised that the goal was called back. "I didnt really expect it to be a goal," said Iginla. "I knew (the puck) was coming to my foot, but I was hoping it wasnt a kicking motion. At the same time I understand the call, but youre always hoping for the best for sure." Bruins coach Claude Julien said his team played well and probably deserved a better fate. "Our guys battled hard," said Julien. "It would have been nice to come out of here with at least a point. I thought we deserved that much with how hard we competed to get ourselves back in the game, but unfortunately that wasnt the case. " Ottawa opened the scoring at the seven-minute mark of the first as Wiercioch jumped into the play to grab a rebound and beat Rask through the legs. The Bruins tied the game on Pailles fourth of the season as he sidestepped Erik Karlsson along the sideboards and beat Anderson cleanly. Conacher made it 2-1 for the Senators when he tipped a Kyle Turris backhand. The Senators made it 3-1 just 29 seconds into the second on Smiths short-handed goal. It also marked the end of Rasks night. Anderson made a number of good saves through the second, but had no chance on Iginlas 12th of the season as he was left all alone at the side of the net for an easy tap in. Warsofsky, with his first in the NHL, tied it 3-3 at the six-minute mark of the third with a shot from the side boards. Notes: C Jason Spezza and D Chris Phillips missed the game with a lower body injury. In Spezza and Phillips absence Kyle Turris and Erik Karlsson wore an A. D Eric Gryba was a healthy scratch for the Senators. a The Bruins announced D Dennis Seidenberg will miss the remainder of the season with a knee injury. D Zdeno Chara was a late scratch and is listed as day-to-day. The Bruins were also without C Carl Soderberg. D Zach Trotman was recalled on an emergency basis and made his NHL debut. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: