Virginia boasts one of the most balanced offensive attacks in the country. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 28 '17
It has already been a trying December for Pep Guardiola, and it will get no easier between now and when the calendar finally turns to 2017. Adidas Jeff Carter Jersey .Without at least three key players for the short term, he and Manchester City face a daunting task in trying to regroup Saturday at King Power Stadium, where title-holders Leicester City are facing desperate times in their bid to simply stay out of the drop zone.The talk of Guardiola as Manchester Citys saviour after winning his first 10 matches in all competitions has given way to whether his side has the bottle to mount even a Premier League title challenge after being humbled by front-runners Chelsea 3-1 at home last Saturday.The Citizens had taken the lead right before halftime via an own goal by Chelsea defender Gary Cahill. However, the London side ran rampant in the final 30 minutes as their 3-4-3 formation tore apart Citys defence -- the long-established weakness of this team with or without talisman Vincent Kompany -- and got goals from Diego Costa, Willian and Eden Hazard in the final half-hour.In the boxes we are not strong enough, especially here at home said Guardiola, rueing a string of missed opportunities throughout the first half and Kevin De Bruynes effort off the crossbar shortly before Costas equaliser. The opponents, when they arrive they score, when we arrive sometimes not, mentally thats tough.The match then turned ugly after Hazards goal in the 90th minute, with striker Sergio Agueros reckless challenge on David Luiz -- somewhat in retribution for a physical challenge Luiz made earlier in the match that went without a card -- triggering a wild fracas in which Aguero received a red card as did midfielder Fernandinho for putting Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas in a chokehold and driving him over the advertising boards.Aguero, who leads Manchester City with 10 goals and 16 overall, will miss at least the next four matches since this is his second suspension of the season. He was given a three-match ban retroactively for elbowing West Hams Winston Reid on Aug. 28, and Fernandinho was handed a three-match suspension. To further add to Guardiolas backline woes, Nicolas Otamendi will not be available for this match after picking up his fifth yellow card.For all the talk of Citys attack, and with good reason, it has been the defence that causes worry. The Citizens (9-3-2) have recorded just two clean sheets in league play. Central defender John Stones has yet to show a comfort level marshalling the backline without the injured Kompany. Until Guardiola finds wing backs who can bomb forward to augment his 3-5-2 formation, he likely will tinker with a rotating cast of bodies throughout the next two months and perhaps find reinforcements in the January transfer window.Those tinkerings began in earnest Tuesday with Citys dead rubber versus Celtic to close out group play in Champions League. The match ended in a 1-1 draw as Kelechi Iheanacho canceled out a goal by City loanee Patrick Roberts in the first eight minutes, and Guardiola included 16-year-old midfielder Phil Foden to the match-day roster. For Iheanacho, it was his first goal since Oct. 23, and the Nigeria international is hopeful Guardiola will call on him to help replace Aguero up front.I have a responsibility to be the striker for the team, replacing Sergio when he is not around, said Iheanacho, who has 13 goals in 18 starts, to Citys official website. I have to prove myself, give my best and work hard for the team and make sure we get the wins we need.(Aguero) is telling me I should do very well and they are words of encouragement from him. So Im going to do it.Leicester City, meanwhile, are looking for any signs of encouragement that will help their domestic form come anywhere near their Champions League success. But even that silver lining didnt materialise this week in their dead rubber at Porto, where an understrength side missing both Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez were overrun 5-0.The Foxes had already clinched the top spot in Group G, but the malaise in England -- where they have just one win in nine league matches (1-3-5) spread to their play on the continent, where they had conceded just one goal in while going unbeaten in the previous five contests.I have no regrets because I wanted to give an opportunity to all my players, said manager Claudio Ranieri, who made 10 changes to his starting lineup from their 2-1 defeat last weekend at Sunderland. If I needed to win or draw, I would bring all my first team to fight. But when you know there is another difficult match Saturday against Man City and you are top of the group, why not give a chance to players who say why dont I play? We are losing in the Premier League, give me a chance.Midfielder Danny Drinkwater picked up a knock in the heavy defeat, but he is suspended for this match as he completes a three-match ban for elbowing Watfords Valon Behrami in a 2-1 loss to the Hornets on Nov. 19.Ranieri rightly left his two superstars home in the Midlands to get extra rest ahead of this match, which takes on plenty of urgency since the Foxes (3-4-7) are in 16th place, own a minus-7 goal difference and are just two points above the relegation spots. Its a far cry from last season, when Leicester had 29 points through 14 matches and sported a plus-9 in the scoring columns.Vardys goal-scoring drought for Leicester has reached 16 matches since bagging one against Liverpool on Sept. 10, and while Mahrez leads the team with seven goals in all competitions, five have come from the penalty spot. The Foxes have totaled just 26 goals in their 21 matches, and Kasper Schmeichels injuries have done them no favours on the other side of the ball as theyve shipped 34 overall.But with both Guardiola and Ranieri needing to tinker with their lineups, the midfield will all but certain be where this match is decided. Nampalys Mendy played the full 90 minutes Wednesday in his first action since injuring his ankle against Arsenal on Aug. 20, and the former Nice midfielder who was counted upon to compensate for some of the loss of NGolo Kante to Chelsea may be primed for his first Premier League start this weekend since that injury for Leicester.The Foxes took four points off Manchester City last season, playing to a cagey scoreless draw in the corresponding fixture last season before blowing the doors of the Citizens 3-1 at the Etihad in February. That win removed the last doubts over whether Leicester had any staying power and also that Manchester City were just not good enough to overtake them.It also ended a seven-match winless spell against Manchester City (0-3-4) in all competitions since a 3-0 road victory in 2003. Leicester City are also winless in seven all-time home matches (0-3-4) against the Citizens in the Premier League era, getting outscored 5-2 while going 0-2-3 in the regular season. Adidas Butch Goring Jersey . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Adidas Jonathan Quick Jersey . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. http://www.kingshockeypro.com/adidas+jake+muzzin+kings+jersey . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. Coming off of an 11-day hiatus since their last game because of exams, No. 13 Virginia looks to close out their non-conference home schedule with a win when they host Robert Morris on Saturday afternoon.The contest marks the Cavaliers final breather before they play road games at California and No. 11 Louisville, and kick off their ACC season against No. 23 Florida State on Dec. 31.I think we just have to keep improving in all areas, Virginia coach Tony Bennett said. If we ever lose our hunger, well be in trouble, so we just have to be real hungry and improve during this time.Virginia lost its only game of the season to West Virginia on Dec. 3 before bouncing back and knocking off East Carolina on Dec. 6. The Cavaliers take on a Robert Morris squad that has sputtered this season and is off to a 3-8 start.The Colonials lost their first five games of the season and three of their last four after winning two straight. Robert Morris, which averages 61 points, will be challenged by Virginias No. 1 scoring defense (47.6 points per game).Guard Isaiah Still leads the Colonials in scoring at 15 points per game but shoots 38.7 percent from the field. Guard Kavon Stewart is the only other Colonial averaging in double figures at 11 per contest.Virginia once again reelies on Bennetts packline defense to suck the life out of their opponents. Adidas Drew Doughty Jersey. . The Cavaliers should have no problem forcing missed shots and turnovers against a Robert Morris team who has struggled on offense all season.On the offensive side of the ball for the Cavaliers, freshman guard Kyle Guy is earning his minutes on both ends of the floor with his shooting, plus the ability to force turnovers.Guy comes off the bench to average 8.1 points and shoots 61.9 percent from 3-point range. After Virginias win over East Carolina, Guy talked about his recent increase in minutes.I just talked to my assistant coaches and I was like what can I do to earn more minutes. I know I can help this team, he said.Guy is one of 10 Cavaliers averaging at least five points per game as Virginia boasts one of the most balanced offensive attacks in the country. Only senior guard London Perrantes (10.2) is averaging double figures.I really challenged the guys to play real hard and have a real hunger about them, Bennett said of his team. Were a blue-collar program, and if we are, itll show up in our effort on the offensive and defensive end. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: