the FIA agreed that a lack of on-track | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Sep 20 '18
ALLEN PARK, Mich. Jason Verrett Jersey . -- For the first time in two months, the Detroit Lions had their top linebacker back at practice.Outside linebacker DeAndre Levy, who injured his knee the first week of the season against Indianapolis, practiced for the first time since that game as the Lions prepare for Jacksonville on Sunday. Its not clear yet if Levy will play against the Jaguars, but this is the most positive sign from Levy as he returns from injury.The Lions had continually not given any information out about Levys knee injury, and hes played in only one-and-a-half games since signing a contract extension during training camp in 2015. He missed all but one half of one game with a hip injury last season, missed most of the preseason with an undisclosed injury and then almost all of this season with a knee injury.The continuous injuries have frustrated the linebacker, who had 151 tackles in 2014, his last full season with Detroit. He is also the Lions best coverage linebacker with six interceptions in 2013 and is particularly good at covering tight ends, a problem area for Detroit this season.Its been pretty frustrating. Each time, dating back to the spring, where I had something that sidelined me, it was kind of the same process, Levy told ESPN in October. Work hard, get it back right, get it back strong, get back out there. Im not out there long and boom, another setback. Boom, another setback. So you keep putting your energy and your time and effort into everything you can do and everything they tell you to do to get prepared and get back on the field and something else happens, something new arises and its frustrating. You put all your energy and focus into one thing and then something new happens.While Levy has been injured, he has become a social activist and one of the most outspoken players on issues in the NFL, including fighting domestic violence and sexual assault, speaking out on race relations and taking on the NFL when it comes to brain trauma and CTE. Antonio Gates Jersey . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Spencer Pulley Jersey .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. http:///...-Okung-Draft-Jersey/ .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. Engineers at Formula Ones top three teams are in agreement that the design of the Halo cockpit protection device can be significantly improved now that it has an extra year of development time.A meeting of the Strategy Group last week saw the introduction of Halo pushed back to 2018 in order to allow for more on-track testing this season. But rather than simply use that time to test the current prototype, engineers from Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull agree the extra 12 months should be used to improve the final design.I think if we had another 12 months we can clearly do a better job of it, Mercedes technical boss Paddy Lowe said. There are things that are not 100% satisfactory. I think the key thing is to make the best of these next 12 months and make something that ticks all the boxes and meets all the requirements of safety and otherwise in the sport and then we take it from there.Halo prototypes have run on track four times this year, while Red Bulls Aeroscreen design ran once in Russia before being dropped to allow the FIA to focus all its efforts on making Halo a workable option for 2017. Red Bulls chief engineer Paul Monaghan believes additional track time and research will allow the FIA to work towards a more desirable final design.Its close, but its not yet a thorough solution and I think if the sport is to do a thorouugh job then the Halo, or any other derivative thereof, needs a little bit more research, a little bit more work, Monaghan said. Kyzir White Jersey. Weve run it at one track, one lap, with our test driver [Pierre Gasly], but I wouldnt have said thats really the mechanism by which we should introduce such devices and I think its the right call to defer it.Ferrari chief engineer Jock Clear stressed that the extra development time should not be allowed to go to waste.Obviously the one thing we want to try to do is use those 12 months. As Paddy says, 12 months down the line well know a lot more, but we dont want to ease off, we dont want to say OK, so we dont have to worry about this until August next year. I think the teams will be responsible with it and I know Charlie will and well use those 12 months and get the job done properly.According to the FIAs research, the current Halo design would deflect flying objects away from the driver 17 percent of the time, including large objects such as tyres. The original argument for introducing Halo next year was that 17 percent protection is preferable to zero percent, but ultimately the FIA agreed that a lack of on-track testing could lead to unforeseen consequences. Disocunt Football JerseysWholesale Jerseys ChinaChina NFL Jerseys WhiteCheap Authentic JerseysYouth NFL Jerseys WholesaleCamo China NFL JerseysCheap JerseysDiscount JerseysChina NFL HoodiesCheap NFL Jerseys CamoCheap NFL Jerseys OutletNike NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Stitched JerseysWholesale Jerseys 2019Youth NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
Share: