a row to the Seminoles despite playing them tightly | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Sep 18 '18
ANN ARBOR, Mich. China Jerseys Wholesale . -- The text message hit Michigan?cornerback Jourdan Lewis cell phone sometime after midnight on Nov. 13, only a couple of hours after Iowa upset the Wolverines 14-13 in Iowa City, a loss that put a serious dent in the their Big Ten title and College Football Playoff hopes.The text message from Lewis friend Tucker Vasher read: Keep your head up. Tough times bring out the best! Shows you how tough you are. No matter what I love you, bro. Go Blue!Lewis, an All-America candidate and potential first-round pick in next springs NFL draft, knows that few people are as tough or inspirational as Tucker and his twin brother, Tyler. The 22-year-old Michigan fans were born with osteogenesis imperfecta, a genetic disorder that is commonly known as brittle bone disease and which requires them to use wheelchairs for their entire lives.It is inspiration that Lewis will carry into Saturdays game at No. 2 Ohio State (noon ET, ABC/ESPN App), which might decide whether the Buckeyes or No. 3 Wolverines remain in the playoff hunt.Just the way they live their lives is amazing, Lewis said. They dont fear anything. When I think of them, I realize that Im not really going through too much, and I can come back from anything. Even with everything theyre dealing with, theyre still enjoying their lives. Theyre optimistic no matter what.Between them, the Vasher twins have broken 75 to 100 bones, according to their mother, Lisa Vasher, of Harrison, Michigan.They were born with broken bones, she said. They had to take the boys out by C-section so they wouldnt break anything else.About 20 weeks into her pregnancy in 1994, doctors told Lisa and her husband Jeff that something was wrong with their unborn twins. When doctors completed an ultrasound, they discovered their babies femurs were irregularly short and curved. Doctors feared the boys suffered from brittle bone disease.They didnt expect the boys to survive, Lisa said.According to statistics from the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation, there are a minimum of 20,000 people and maybe as many as 50,000 living with brittle bone disease in the U.S. Its much rarer for twins to both have the condition. Lisa Vasher said she has met only two other sets of twins who have osteogenesis imperfecta.Despite their struggles, Tucker and Tyler have never allowed their condition to prevent them from doing what other people do. When they were younger, they sometimes attended school wearing full-body casts. A nurse was assigned to keep watch over them at school, and their friends made sure other students didnt bump into their wheelchairs. Their bones are that fragile.Each of the Vasher twins has titanium rods in both their shins and their hips to keep them straight and strong. Tucker also has rods in both forearms and biceps; Tyler has a rod in his left bicep. The titanium, TV antenna-like rods in their shins expand as their bones grow.Tucker and Tyler know they can break a bone at any minute, regardless of the precautions they might take. Tucker broke a rib while sneezing and broke his arm while picking up a small Diet Coke at McDonalds. When they were younger, their parents wouldnt allow them to watch horror movies because they feared the boys would break a bone if they were startled.A couple of years ago, Tucker broke his arm while fishing in the lake behind his familys home in the upper peninsula of Michigan. He was using light tackle, only a bobber and worm, but when he opened the bale and flicked a line into the water, his arm snapped in half.Fishing was the one thing you couldnt take away from me, Tucker said. It was the one thing I was allowed to do. Right there, my fishing career was over. I could never fish again.That summer, Tucker broke his arm four times in three weeks. When doctors repaired his left arm, they rolled him over on the operating table and accidentally broke his right arm. Another time, Tucker fell out of his wheelchair and into an old fire pit. He broke both legs and arms and had to spend a couple of months in bed.There are a lot of cases that are worse than us, Tyler said. There are some kids that have to lay in bed up against a pillow all day. Believe it or not, were pretty fortunate.The Vasher brothers spend a lot of their time on social media and playing video games. Tucker is very active on Twitter -- he has tweeted more than 38,000 times and has more than 4,000 followers. Tyler is a little less active but still has tweeted more than 16,000 times to his more than 1,400 followers. Neither one is shy about sending messages to professional athletes and other famous people.The brothers have had online interactions with Los Angeles Angels star Albert Pujols, Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, former Lions running back Barry Sanders and Atlanta Falcons receiver Julio Jones. Angels All-Star outfielder and AL MVP Mike Trout even sent them an autographed bat.A couple of years ago, Detroit Lions defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh invited the Vasher twins to watch a game from his luxury suite. Detroit Tigers All-Star pitcher Justin Verlander gave them on-field passes to a game against the Angels, and they were able to meet Verlander and Trout.Tucker is amazing, Lisa said. Tucker is Mr. Social Media and is all about it. Theyve been through so much. When I see them happy and doing what they love, it makes me happy.Few things make the Vasher twins happier than watching Michigans football team play. Their uncle, Jim Vasher, was a Michigan season-ticket holder and took the brothers to a few games in the past. Jim, a military veteran, wore the same clothes to every game -- khaki pants and a Michigan shirt. He started the routine long before Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh made the conservative attire famous.About a year ago, Tucker started an online conversation with Lewis, one of his favorite Michigan players.We started talking to each other on Twitter, and I asked him what he liked to do when he wasnt playing football, Tucker said. He said he liked to play video games, and we started playing Xbox.Eventually, Tucker and Tyler started playing online Xbox with Lewis and his teammates, including tailback DeVeon Smith, defensive end Taco Charlton and safety Delano Hill. The Vasher twins forged a friendship with the Michigan players by playing games like Call of Duty, Madden NFL 17 and NBA 2K, while chatting online with them for hours.We just had conversations with them while we were playing the games, Lewis said. They were Michigan fans and seemed like really good guys.After Tucker had surgery at the University of Michigan Health System in Ann Arbor this past spring, Lewis and his girlfriend visited him while he was recovering. Tucker invited Lewis to visit his home in Harrison, which is about 160 miles northwest of Michigans campus.On April 23, Tyler and two of his friends drove to Ann Arbor to pick up Lewis. A native of Detroit, Lewis didnt know what to expect. Harrison has about 2,100 residents and only two stoplights. Theres a seasonal Dairy Queen and not much else. There isnt a lot to do besides hunting and fishing. Harrisons schools are even closed on the opening day of deer season each fall.When Lewis arrived in Harrison, the first thing the Vasher twins asked him to do was dunk a basketball. They had never seen anyone do it in person. Then they spent the rest of the day playing video games and doing other things, like hitting golf balls over the lake with a baseball bat and shooting pellet guns.It was probably one of the best times Ive ever had, Lewis said. Theyre some of the kindest people Ive ever met. They welcomed me into their home and didnt even know me. Theyre just really great people. Im so glad I met them.Sometime Saturday morning, Tucker will send Lewis another text message of encouragement. Its a message Lewis wont take for granted.What I bring from my life to his is to always be appreciative, Tucker said. With all of my tragedies, I try to bring out all the positives. I love my life. I couldnt be more thankful. Anything can happen in one second to where your life is changed. Thats what I tell Jourdan. China NFL Jerseys . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. China Jerseys . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. http://www.cheapchinajerseysstore.com/ . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. BOSTON -- Lamar Jackson ran for three touchdowns and threw for four more in three quarters on Saturday to lead Louisville (No. 7 CFP, No. 5 AP) to a 52-7 victory over Boston College.Jackson ran for a 69-yard score on the games third play and added rushing TDs of 13 and 53 yards in the second half. The Heisman Trophy favorite also threw for TDs from 30, 44 and 10 yards out on drives of five, four and one play to give the Cardinals a 28-0 lead just two snaps into the second quarter.Despite leaving the game briefly in the first half with cramps, Jackson ran 15 times for 185 yards to become the first quarterback in school history to run for more than 1,000 yards in a season. He completed 12 of 17 passes for 231 yards.It was the third time this season he has accounted for seven or more touchdowns. No other player in FBS has done it more than once.Jackson went to the bench for the last two possessions of the first half with that coach Bobby Petrino said was forearm cramps but returned to start the second. He left after three quarters with the Cardinals (7-1, 5-1 Atlantic Coast Conference No. 7 CFP) leading 52-7.Tyler Rouse scored from 39 yards out on a screen pass from Patrick Towles to give Boston College (4-5, 1-5) its only score. The Eagles were coming off a victory over North Carolina State that was their first ACC win in almost two years.(Louisville) is one of the top three talented teams in America. That quarterback is electric, BC coach Steve Addazio said. When you play a great football team, you cant have self-inflicted misttakes like we had. Cheap Jerseys Online. Jackson had one shaky period, when he threw an interception with about five minutes left in the first half, then left with the arm injury. Petrino said Jackson complained about forearm cramps and numbness in his fingers and received intravenous fluids before returning for the second half.He returned at the start of the third quarter but lost the ball while scrambling. But then he led the Cardinals on an eight-play, 77-yard drive that he finished with a 13-yard TD run.THE TAKEAWAYLOUISVILLE: Arm cramps threatened to stall Jacksons Heisman candidacy, but he returned in the second half to run for two more touchdowns before sitting out the fourth quarter.I think he should be good, Petrino said. He looked pretty good in the second half.BOSTON COLLEGE: Its one thing to beat N.C. State like the Eagles did to snap an almost two-year ACC losing streak. But BC was reminded how far it has to go before it can be competitive among the top-tier teams in the conference.UP NEXTLOUISVILLE: The Cardinals return home to play Wake Forest before a Thursday night matchup at Houston.BOSTON COLLEGE: Heads to Florida State on Friday night. The Eagles have lost six in a row to the Seminoles despite playing them tightly in the past three seasons, including Florida States 2013 national championship season.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. ;NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap China Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Hoodies ' ' '
Share: