Heyward was placed on the 15-day disabled list | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Sep 18 '18
Alex Hales and Jonny Bairstow led an England fightback after the hosts slipped to 83-5 on day one of the first Investec Test against Sri Lanka at Headingley. Nike Free Run Outlet . Hales (71no) and Bairstow (54no) added 88 for the sixth wicket to take England safely through to tea on Thursday on 171-5, after Dasun Shanaka (3-30) - on Test debut - took three wickets in the morning session, and James Vince and Ben Stokes fell soon after lunch.No further play was possible in the evening session, with rain ending proceedings early. Dasun Shanaka celebrates the dismissal of England captain Alastair Cook Earlier in the day, Alastair Cook fell for 16, leaving him still 20 runs short of becoming the first Englishman to 10,000 Test runs.The England captain chased a wide ball, edging Shanakas seventh delivery in Test cricket through to Dinesh Chindimal behind the stumps. It was the first of three wickets to fall for two runs, as Shanaka added the strikes of Nick Compton - in the same over - and Joe Root for ducks.England had worked hard on their way through to 49-0 deep into the first session, having being put in to bat by Sri Lanka skipper Angelo Mathews after winning the toss.But Shanaka came on third change and the Sri Lanka seamer turned the game in a two-over spell, with Cook and Root drawn into driving at full-wide deliveries and Compton nicking to first slip third ball when prodding forward.Hales battled through to 38 not out at lunch, while Vince - on Test debut for England - looked to counter after the interval, driving Shaminda Eranga (1-34) for two boundaries in the second over. Alex Hales impressed on day one at Headingley, notching his second Test fifty But in Erangas next over, Vince looking to repeat the shot, sent another edge through to the slips to depart for nine.Ben Stokes (12) looked to show similar aggression, smashing Eranga for three straight fours later in the same over, but his cameo lasted only eight balls before chipping Nuwan Pradeep (1-26) to Mathews at mid-on.England obviously still felt the best form of defence was to attack, and Hales brought up his second Test fifty with a streaky back-foot drive behind point for four, while Bairstow benefited from some short balls as Sri Lankas attack strayed from a fuller length sensing a weakness. Jonathan Bairstow hits out on his way to fifty at his home ground of Headingley The plan backfired and Bairstow raced through to a 60-ball half century, although he was given out lbw to Mathews when on 40, but successfully reviewed the decision with the ball sliding down leg.The Yorkshireman made the most of the reprieve, skipping down the pitch to launch Rangana Herath for a straight six soon after, and then reaching his fifty in Mathews next over.By tea, the momentum was with England, and though no play was possible in the evening session, Hales and Bairstow resume their unbroken 88-run stand on Friday morning.Watch live coverage from day two of the first Test between England and Sri Lanka at Headingley, live on Sky Sports 2 from 10.30am on Friday. You can also catch highlights from day one at 8pm on Sky Sports 3, with The Verdict following immediately after at 9pm. NIke Free Run Womens Sale .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. Nike Free Run Discount . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. http://www.freerunsforcheap.com/ .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. PHOENIX -- Justin Upton put on quite a show in his return to Phoenix. Upton snapped a 14-game homerless drought and had four hits to help the Braves snap a three-game losing streak. "It was the Justin show," Braves third baseman Chris Johnson said with a smile. Upton, the first overall pick by Arizona in the 2005 amateur draft, was playing his first game at Chase Field since the off-season trade that sent him and Johnson to Atlanta in a seven-player deal. Upton received a mixed reaction throughout the night, with the cheers barely outweighing the boos when he stepped in or took the field for the first time. "It was mixed and that was what I expected," Upton said. "It is what it is. I tried to have fun with it. This time the fans were yelling at me instead of cheering me, but it was good." Upton followed his brother B.J., who was hit on the left shoulder by Wade Miley (3-2) to lead off the sixth, and powered a changeup onto the porch above the centre field fence for his 13th home run and first since April 27 at Detroit. Despite the drought, he still leads the majors in homers. Johnson hit a two-run homer to cap Atlantas three-run fifth and Brian McCann also homered for the Braves. "It usually works out like this," said Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez. "When guys are traded, they have a good night." Mike Minor (5-2) allowed one run on eight hits over 6 2-3 innings. "It wasnt really about me," Minor said. "It was about everybody else because I didnt have my best stuff tonight." Paul Goldschmidt hit his 10th home run for the Diamondbacks, who have lost three straight. Miley started strong but faded in the fifth and never recorded an out in the sixth. After Justin Uptons home run made it 5-1, Freddie Freeman doubled, Evan Gattis walked and both runners advanced on a wild pitch. McCann singled to right, scoring Freeman to make it 6-1. Johnson added a one-out double to left off reliever Josh Collmenter, driving in Gattis for a 7-1 lead. "Weve been scuffling to score some runs on this road trip so to go and score some runs feels nice," Upton said. Miley allowed seven runs on six hits over ffive innings. Nike Free Run Shoes On Sale. He walked two, hit a batter, struck out one and threw two wild pitches. Miley threw only 47 pitches in the first four innings but another 39 to the final 11 batters he faced. "I was sort of messing up," Miley said. "Early in the game I was hitting spots and pitching down in the zone but then, just like that, I couldnt get it down anymore. I left pitches up and they capitalized." The seven runs allowed were the second-most of Mileys career. "He didnt make the pitches he needed to make," said Arizona manager Kirk Gibson. "This team, you dont want to give them anything because you know they are going to hit a home run. That is what they do well. We put guys on and they hit home runs." Goldschmidt gave the Diamondbacks a 1-0 lead in the first with a home run deep into the left-field bleachers. Arizona had other scoring chances against Minor, but Prado was thrown out at the plate in the fourth by B.J. Upton on a Gerardo Parra single and Cody Ross was tagged out at home in the sixth on a double to left by Prado. Diamondbacks Didi Gregorius ended the bottom of the fifth when he was caught attempting to steal second base. NOTES: Atlanta is 4-1 in its last five games at Chase Field. . B.J. Upton was pulled for a pinch-hitter in the top of the seventh with a left shoulder contusion and is day-to-day. ... Braves 2B Dan Uggla doubled in the eighth to end an 0-for-14 streak. ... Justin Upton has his 68 of his 121 career home runs at Chase Field. ... According to MLB.com, entering the game Miley had held hitters to a .178 batting average on his first 45 pitches but batters had hit .353 from his 46th pitch on. ... Goldschmidt is the ninth Diamondbacks player to hit 10 home runs in less than 40 games and the first since Kelly Johnson (11 homers) and Mark Reynolds (10) each did so in 2010. ... Johnson snapped an 0-for-18 skid with a single in the third, the Braves first hit. ... Atlanta OF Jason Heyward went 1 for 2 with an RBI double in the Triple-A Gwinnett Braves 3-2 win over Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Monday. Heyward was placed on the 15-day disabled list April 23 after an appendectomy April 22. NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap China Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Hoodies ' ' '
Share: