Anthony Hitchens Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
laiyongcai92
laiyongcai92 Sep 17 '18
Trumaine Johnson sees a lot of the tantalizing potential of his old team in his new squad.

The New York Jets cornerback Anthony Hitchens Jersey , who helped the Los Angeles Rams reach the playoffs last season, was feeling predictably optimistic as he and his teammates reported to the team's facility Thursday for the start of training camp.

"You've got to have faith," Johnson said. "Just bringing that winning culture from where I was last year, I can see it. I really can. Just got to wait and see."

Johnson was the Jets' biggest free-agent acquisition this offseason, signing a five-year, $72.5 million deal in March that included a $20 million signing bonus and $34 million in guaranteed money. That came after the cornerback spent his first six NFL seasons with the Rams, who went 11-5 and snapped a 13-year postseason drought with Johnson a key part of the defense.

He'll be the No. 1 cornerback in coach Todd Bowles' unit in New York, which hasn't been to the playoffs since the 2010 season. Johnson saw signs from afar that the postseason absence might not last much longer, particularly because seven of New York's 11 losses last season were by 9 points or less.

"I was watching them," he said. "They were losing close games and they beat some playoff teams. They've got all the potential in the world to be a playoff team."

Most NFL teams feel the same at this point in the year Warren Sapp Jersey , brimming with confidence before the dog days of camp start kicking in, with expectations for some becoming increasingly more tempered.

But the Jets like the approach the players are taking at the start.

"I can see the atmosphere has changed and the season could be great," guard Brian Winters said. "As far as attitudes, we've got great attitudes in the locker room. That vibe's a lot better than in the past."

New York is coming off its second straight 5-11 season under Bowles, who helped establish an improved environment around the team last year despite the losses.

The positive outlooks might be attributed in large part to moves general manager Mike Maccagnan made in the offseason. Along with Johnson, the Jets signed a number of free agents who could play major roles this year, including linebacker Avery Williamson, running back Isaiah Crowell, wide receiver Terrelle Pryor, center Spencer Long and kicker Cairo Santos.

"I think it was a good start Lorenzo Alexander Jersey ," wide receiver Jermaine Kearse said of last season. "This year, it's about winning games. You want to be competitive, and that's important, but in this league, it's about winning games and being productive in that area. For us to take the next big step is to be able to finish games."

All eyes this summer, however, will be on the quarterbacks as 39-year-old veteran Josh McCown, comeback kid Teddy Bridgewater and first-round pick Sam Darnold all compete to be the guy leading the huddle in Week 1 of the regular season.

"I think it pushes each one of them individually," defensive end Leonard Williams said. "I'd be happy if any one of them were the starter for the season."

McCown is the incumbent and Bowles has said he will open camp as the starter while taking the bulk of the first-team snaps. But Bridgewater, signed in March after four seasons in Minnesota Howie Long Jersey , could give McCown a run if he's fully recovered from the severe knee injury that cost him the bulk of the last two years.

Then, of course, there's Darnold.

The No. 3 overall pick in the draft is considered by many to be the future face of the franchise. And that future could be now. Darnold will be given every opportunity to beat out both McCown and Bridgewater for the job, and he showed positive strides in offseason workouts and minicamp.

"I thought Sam got better each day throughout OTAs," Kearse said. "And I have no doubt that he'll have the same attitude and same mindset he had in OTAs coming into camp."

Darnold just needs to get to camp first.

The rookie hadn't reported with the rest of his teammates as of early Thursday afternoon as his agents and the Jets worked through the final details of his contract. There didn't appear to be much concern on either side, though, with most expecting Darnold to be signed and ready to participate in the team's first practice Friday afternoon.

That's when the road to potential success begins for the Jets, and nose tackle Steve McLendon believes it comes down to three things for him and his teammates.

"No. 1, it's being focused," he said. "No. 2 Mackensie Alexander Jersey , it's being driven. And, No. 3, you understand you only have one life."

NOTES: Long, coming off knee and quadriceps injuries last season with Washington, said his quad is doing "great" and knees are "feeling better than they have the last few years." He added that he might be eased into practices, depending on how the training staff wants to approach it.

Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews says he needs surgery on his nose after getting hit in the face with a line drive during a charity softball game.

Matthews was pitching during Saturday's game when offensive lineman Lucas Patrick hit the ball directly into Matthews' face, knocking him to the ground. The Green Bay Press Gazette reports that Matthews got up, covered his face with his glove, then walked to the dugout. He did not return to the game.

Matthews tweeted later that he busted his nose and would have surgery after the swelling subsides. He thanked fans for their well-wishes and expressed gratitude that his injury wasn't more serious.

The Packers are in the middle of their organized team activities. Matthews hasn't participated in OTAs because of a knee injury.

Authentic Womens Justin Reid Jersey
Share: