told him -- and I think he agreed w | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Nov 23 '17
CLEVELAND -- Most fans around the country can sit back and savor Game 7. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys . Not so easy for anyone who has spent a lifetime rooting for the Cubs or Indians.All those years of hope and heartbreak collide Wednesday night when Chicago and Cleveland meet one last time this season to decide the World Series.With the Cubs seeking their first championship since 1908 and the Indians trying to stop a drought that dates to 1948, the stakes could hardly be higher.No one says Game 3 or 5. This is what you want, said shortstop Francisco Lindor, who leads the Indians with a .364 Series average.Cleveland ace Corey Kluber pitches against Kyle Hendricks, the major league ERA leader. Kluber has a chance to become the first pitcher to win three World Series starts since Detroits Mickey Lolich in 1968.Throwback stuff.The game has changed, the 76-year-old Lolich said Tuesday. Its a totally different game than what we played back in our days. It just doesnt happen.Addison Russell hit a grand slam and tied a Series record with six RBI in Chicagos 9-3 win Tuesday night that forced this captivating matchup to the limit.Chicago is trying to become the first club to overcome a 3-1 Series deficit since the 1985 Kansas City Royals and the first to do it by winning Games 6 and 7 on the road since the 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates.Now its one night, winner take all.Its a kids dream, Russell said.Even after losing two straight, the Indians remain confident.Kluber is 4-1 with a 0.89 ERA in four postseason starts, starting with 16 consecutive scoreless innings against Boston in the Division Series and Toronto in the AL Championship Series.Thats our guy. Thats our stud, Cleveland second baseman Jason Kipnis said.A 30-year-old right-hander, Kluber started on three days rest for the first time in his big league career in Game 4 against the Blue Jays. He left after five innings with the Indians trailing 2-1 in a 5-1 defeat, then threw 88 pitches over six innings as Cleveland beat the Cubs 6-0 last Tuesday in the Series opener.He came back on three days rest in Game 4, needing 81 pitches for six innings of one-run, five-hit ball in a 7-2 win that gave Cleveland a 3-1 lead.Obviously, hes a special guy, Hendricks said. You can just see it, the way he takes to the mound. Hes always locked in.Nine pitchers have won three starts in a single Series, none since Lolich went 3-0 with a 1.67 ERA and 21 strikeouts while tossing three complete games against the St. Louis Cardinals.Good players, good pitchers, can do special things. Hes in that category, Indians manager Terry Francona said. It was kind of an easy decision after talking to him.The 2014 AL Cy Young Award winner, Kluber was 18-9 with a 3.14 ERA this season as Cleveland won the AL Central for the first time since 2007. His win in the All-Star Game at San Diego in July gave the American League home-field advantage in the Series.I never connected those dots at that point in time, he said.Already, he is the first pitcher to win Games 1 and 4 in the Series since Cincinnatis Jose Rijo in 1990. In addition to Lolich, the only others to win three Series starts were Charles Deacon Phillippe of Pittsburgh and Bill Dinneen of the Boston Americans (1903), the New York Giants Christy Mathewson (1905), the Philadelphia Athletics Jack Coombs (1910), Pittsburghs Babe Adams (1909), Clevelands Stan Coveleski (1920), Milwaukees Lew Burdette (1957) and Bob Gibson (1967).Hendricks, a 28-year-old right-hander, went 16-8 and didnt get a decision in his Game 3 Series start, when he allowed six hits in 4 1/3 scoreless innings of a 1-0 loss.This is the ultimate dream, he said. When youre out in your backyard as a kid, playing Little League at the field with your friends, this is the moment you dream about: Game 7, 3-2, two outs, something like that, bottom of the ninth. But its always Game 7 of the World Series.Behind the starters, Chicago closer Aroldis Chapman has thrown 62 pitches in the last three days. Clevelands Andrew Miller hasnt pitched since Saturday and closer Cody Allen has been rested since Sunday.Were all ready to go, Miller said. Hopefully were fresh.---AP investigative researcher Randy Herschaft contributed to this report. Discount Canadiens Jerseys .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. Youth Canadiens Jerseys . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. http://www.cheapcanadiensjerseyschina.com/ .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings are continuing to stand by kicker Blair Walsh after his rocky start to the regular season Sunday, and for his part, Walsh says he knows how to fix the problems.Walsh missed two field goals and an extra point in the Vikings 25-16 Week 1 victory over the Tennessee Titans.I know Blairs our guy, special-teams coordinator Mike Priefer said, adding he wouldnt look for another kicker right now.Going forward, hes going to be the guy, Priefer said.Walsh, who missed a 27-yard field goal wide left at the end of the Vikings wild-card loss to the Seattle Seahawks, pulled a 37-yarder left on his first attempt Sunday. He missed a 56-yard attempt left just before halftime, and pushed an extra point right after Eric Kendricks 77-yard interception return for a touchdown in the third quarter. Walsh, though, connected on four field goal attempts in the second half, including a 50-yarder.I told him -- and I think he agreed wwith me -- hes too good a kicker to miss the type of kicks hes missing. Canadiens Jerseys Outlet. . The 37-yarder, he cant miss to start the game. The PAT, he cant miss that. The [56-yarder] at the end of the half, a lot of kickers are going to miss that. Hes good enough to make that, but it was still a very difficult kick. We need him to step up, and thats what I told him at halftime. We needed him to step up, and he did.Walsh, who played his first game Sunday on the four-year, $13 million extension the Vikings gave him in July 2015, said the scrutiny of his performance has been at a higher level in the eight months since his miss against the Seahawks, but he added, You deal with it. You live with it, and you move on.Im confident in what I do every day. I enjoy my life, I enjoy being part of this team, and Ill continue to do my best. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: