He is going to go get you some tough | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Aug 20 '18
BOSTON -- Long before closer Craig Kimbrel tweaked his left knee in pregame conditioning drills Friday, the Boston Red Sox had a need for a late-inning relief pitcher. Cheap NHL Jerseys .In the wee hours Saturday morning, they finally got one.The Red Sox acquired side-arming right-hander Brad Ziegler from the Arizona Diamondbacks for minor league infielder Luis Alejandro Basabe and pitcher Jose Almonte, both of whom were playing at Class A Greenville.The trade was announced at 1:42 a.m. ET, after the completion of the Diamondbacks?6-2 loss in San Francisco.Ziegler, an extreme ground ball pitcher thanks to a heavy sinker, has a 2.82 ERA and 18 saves in 36 appearances this season.He told reporters he plans to join the Red Sox on Saturday.The 36-year-old has given up 41 hits and 15 walks while striking out 27 batters in 38 1/3 innings, not nearly as dominant as last season when he posted a 1.85 ERA and allowed only 48 hits and 17 walks in 68 innings.Ziegler is set to assume the role that has been vacant since May when right-hander Carson Smith was lost to season-ending Tommy John elbow surgery. Smith is notoriously tough on right-handed hitters, and Ziegler has likewise held righties to a .224 average over his career.Kimbrel will undergo surgery to repair a medial meniscus tear in his left knee and is expected to miss three to six weeks, the Red Sox announced Saturday. In his absence, Koji Uehara will be the Soxs primary closer, manager John Farrell said, with Ziegler?getting save opportunities when the 41-year-old Uehara is unavailable.The Red Sox also are holding their breath over setup man Junichi Tazawa, who hasnt pitched since Sunday because of right shoulder discomfort.To create a spot on the 40-man roster for Ziegler, the Red Sox transferred left fielder/catcher Blake Swihart to the 60-day disabled list. Swihart has been sidelined since June 5 with a badly sprained left ankle. Swihart only recently resumed light workouts in the outfield. MLB Jerseys China . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. http://www.cheapcnjerseystousa.com/ . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. AUBURN, Ala. -- Sean White is still an efficient passer who avoids major blunders, just like in his college debut last season against Mississippi State.Auburns sophomore quarterback also has some of the same issues in finishing drives with seven points instead of three.White made his first start for the Tigers in last seasons meeting with a solid stat line that didnt produce any touchdowns in a 17-9 loss .Scoring touchdowns remains a challenge against Power Five conference defenses leading up to Saturdays rematch in Starkville, Mississippi. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn thinks White has come a long way from that first game when he got the start over a struggling Jeremy Johnson.He was still finding out about himself in college, Malzahn said. We were still finding out about him when he made his first start last year against this group. I thought he did some really good things. Hes a gutty guy. Just the experience factor of being able to run the offense, run the complete offense, I think thats probably the biggest factor.White ranks third in the SEC in passing efficiency and has thrown 99 consecutive passes without an interception. All five of his touchdowns have come against Sun Belt Conference defenses, though. He was held to 140 yards against Clemson and threw his lone interception, then passed for just 126 yards on 18 completions against Texas A&M.White was better in a win over LSU. He threw for 234 yards, but Auburn settled for six field goals in an 18-13 win . Mississippi State limited White and the Tigers to three field goals a year ago when he was a solid 20 for 28 passing for 188 yards. China Jerseys Authentic. He has 10 more starts since then, going into Auburns first road game of the season. White has also connected downfield more, throwing completions of 20-plus yards to eight different receivers.I think Im a lot different, White said. Obviously I think theres so much more experience under my belt, playing in a lot of SEC games, playing in a lot of games and I think that will help me as far as being more comfortable and going on the road in a tough environment.Whites the unquestioned leader of the offense now, but backup John Franklin III has also played in the last four games. Franklin is more the runner, with 203 yards on just 16 carries.Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen does think White can get yards on the ground when Auburn needs them.They have been able to put together some of the things he does well and been able to execute good decision-making to make him an accurate passer, very willing runner, Mullen said. (He) may not be the game breaker that some guys are.Auburn reminds me a lot of how Dak Prescott was a runner for us. He is going to go get you some tough, gritty yards when he needs to and can extend plays and make things happen with his legs when he needs to.---AP Sports Writer David Brandt in Mississippi contributed to this report. Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseysCheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys ' ' '
Share: