He also had a lot of variations and read the mind of the batsman superbly | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jul 20 '18
BOSTON -- One night after being embarrassed in the series opener, Baltimore overpowered Boston this time and preserved the jumble of teams contending for the AL East. Authentic Kyle Schwarber Jersey .J.J. Hardy hit a three-run homer and Nolan Reimold added a two-run shot later in the second as Baltimore beat Boston 6-3 Tuesday night and pulled within two games of the division-leading Red Sox.Jonathan Schoop added a solo homer in the ninth for the Orioles, who evened the series after getting rocked 12-2 Monday in the opener. With Torontos 6-2 loss to Tampa Bay, the Orioles pulled even with the Blue Jays for second in the division and tied for the two AL wild-card berths.We get a chance to win another series on the road, which is something we knew we were going to have to do, manager Buck Showalter said.Orioles rookie Dylan Bundy (9-5) survived a rocky second inning and pitched into the sixth, holding Boston to three runs on six hits over 5 1/3 innings.The second inning was probably one of the keys to the game, Showalter said. He didnt let it get away from him.Zach Britton pitched a scoreless ninth for his 42nd save.Xander Bogaerts homered for Boston, which had won five of six and missed a chance to gain a little space in the crowded field of division leaders with just 18 games remaining.The Red Sox had as many hits as the Orioles, both finishing with nine, but Boston was woeful with runners on base. The Red Sox were 1 for 10 with runners in scoring position and left nine runners on base.Five runs in Fenway Park is nothing. We didnt think that was going to be enough to win tonight, said Travis Shaw, who was 3 for 4 and scored a run for Boston. Unfortunately offensively, there was a couple times we had guys in scoring position and we just didnt come up with the hits.Drew Pomeranz (10-12) gave up five runs and four hits in two-plus innings, his shortest outing of the season. He continued to struggle since a July trade from San Diego, falling to 2-5 with Boston.Pomeranz was pulled with nobody out in the third after Manny Machados leadoff single to left. After needing just 11 pitches to set down the Orioles in order in the first, Pomeranz labored through 45 pitches in the second.The lack of consistent command was the difference in this one, Boston manager John Farrell said.Mark Trumbo led off the second with a single and Chris Davis walked, then with one out Hardy broke the scoreless tie with a towering homer that bounced off one of the signs above the Green Monster in left field. The Orioles werent done yet with Pomeranz, who walked Drew Stubbs after Hardys homer and Reimold followed with a line drive homer to left.I just got in some tight spots and didnt make pitches when I needed to. Thats about how it went, Pomeranz said. Its pretty frustrating. I was trying to get in on some of those guys and the ball was just shooting back over toward the middle of the plate.Bundy unraveled slightly in the bottom of the second, walking Ryan Hanigan and Dustin Pedroia with the bases loaded for Bostons first two runs. Despite walking three and allowing two hits during the inning, Bundy limited the damage to just the pair of runs.Boston didnt score again until Bogaerts led off the fifth with his 19th homer of the season, pulling the Red Sox within 5-3.The three-game series wraps up Wednesday. The Red Sox and Orioles meet again next week for four games in Baltimore.LONG TIMEReimold went 2 for 3 for his first multi-hit game since July 2. He hadnt driven in a run since getting a pair of RBI against Cleveland on July 24.It definitely feels good. I was glad I was able to do it and do something positive and come away with the win, Reimold said.ROOKIE WINSBundy wasnt happy when Showalter pulled him in the sixth, but admitted listening to the skipper is one of the many things hes picking up on in his first season in the big leagues.Its all new territory. I havent pitched this far into September before and I havent pitched at this level for this long, so Im just trying to learn as much as I can every day and get better every day also.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: OF Steve Pearce was not in the starting lineup will have his right elbow examined for a nagging injury that he aggravated making a throw from left field Monday night.Red Sox: Activated rookie OF Andrew Benintendi from the 15-day DL. Benintendi had been on the DL since Aug. 25 with a sprained left knee.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Kevin Gausman (7-10, 3.61) starts for the Orioles in the series finale and Baltimores last game at Fenway Park this season.Red Sox: RHP Rick Porcello (20-3, 3.21) already leads the majors in victories and is unbeaten in home starts. Authentic Kris Bryant Jersey . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. Authentic Fergie Jenkins Jersey . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. http:///...-steve-cishek-jersey . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. On reaching 10,000 first-class runsAt this point of time I really, really want to cherish this moment. I made my debut when I was 20 back in 2000, and it has been a long journey. But it has all happened so fast, and sometimes it feels like a blur. I have had many failures during these 16 years. I can recall days when I just wanted to leave the game and kill myself. Many times I have thought about getting a nine to five job, but when I look back at all these difficulties, todays success feels sweeter. At this moment I also want to thank my family, my friends, who have had some role to play in shaping my career. I also want to share this moment with all my team-mates over the years.The key milestones before 10,000 runsI cherish my best first-class knock - my 250, which was against Mumbai in Mumbai. As part of the Tamil Nadu team, I reached three finals, and these moments are important to me. Later, I went on to play as a professional for Vidarbha, and in my first year we qualified for the knockouts. It was a new environment, and it was about stepping up as a leader.The first hundredIt came against Karnataka in 2000 at the IIT Chemplast ground in Chennai. It was my second Ranji match, and that hundred made me believe in myself and believe that I belonged to this level. In that match I opened with Rajat Bhatia in both innings. In the first match against Goa I had failed, and the team management asked me if I could open against Karnataka. I was like: Oh my god, I am asked to open in my second match in Ranji. I was scared if I dont open, I may not have a chance of playing in the XI. Hemang [Badani], Robin [Singh], who made a hundred in that match, and S Sharath were all at their best that time.As I went out to bat, I shook everything off and my mind was clear. I was watching the ball well and I was feeling good. As a batsman, I had always dreamed of getting hundreds. Another incident comes to my mind. I was actually saving this for maybe writing in my book. When I was playing a Karnataka offspinner, I went right back on the back foot to play a leg-glance. I just lost the balance and disturbed a stump with my leg. The bail had fallen down, and I simply continued running. I was in the 40s at that time, and Thilak Naidu, the keeper, started appealing. Other Karnataka plaayers joined in the appeal, but the umpire said he did not see it, and gave not out. Authentic Ernie Banks Jersey. I knew I had deflected the stumps. I didnt walk, and ended up getting a hundred. I recall it being a very cheeky thing. The most memorable Ranji matchI cant look beyond Tamil Nadu beating Mumbai (draw with first-innings lead) in Mumbai in 2009. The match started at 9am, and by 11am TN were five down for just 50 runs. Mumbai were a champion team, and we went on to get 501. It resulted in one of the sweetest wins for Tamil Nadu. I clearly remember Tamil Nadu were struggling and I went on to hit a double. C Ganapathy, who came in at No. 7, hit a hundred. That was in fact Tamil Nadus first ever Ranji win against Mumbai in Mumbai. First ever. To be part of that was something tremendous.Favourite domestic batsmanI can say two: Wasim Jaffer and [S] Ramesh. Jaffer may not have been at his best last year, but when I was with Tamil Nadu he was at his best. He used to punish the Tamil Nadu seamers and spinners, and although I was in the opposition it was such a pleasure to see him bat. I could describe his batting as smooth as silk. Left-handers are always talked about being elegant. As a right-hander, Jaffer was right there. I was also lucky to share the dressing room with him at Vidarbha.I also adored Ramesh. When he was at his peak, he opened for India. The way he used to leave the ball, and the shot he played off the hips was whoa! The ball used to fly off the bat. I used to wonder how he can flick the ball so gracefully.Most challenging domestic bowlerI have not played a lot of cricket against L Balaji, who was my Tamil Nadu team-mate, but he was among the most difficult bowlers to face. He is also a source of inspiration to me. I played against him mostly in T20s. He was an intelligent bowler, who was always a step ahead of the batsman. He also had a lot of variations and read the mind of the batsman superbly.Pankaj Singh also comes to my mind. He was one bowler who was always at the batsman over after over. He is tall, gets extra bounce, and he bowls long spells. He is more like a bowling machine. I relished batting against these two, though. Nike NFL Jerseys ChinaJerseys NFL CheapCheap NFL T-shirtsWholesale NFL White JerseysWholesale NFL Camo JerseysChina JerseysCheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Share: