a foul pop knocked out of his glove by a fan in the fifth | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jul 20 '18
EDMONTON, Alberta -- The Columbus Blue Jackets started slowly. Mark Messier Jersey . The way they finished was all that mattered, though.Sam Gagner had a goal and an assist, and the streaking Blue Jackets won their seventh straight game by beating the Edmonton Oilers 3-1 on Tuesday night.I thought the team took a little while to get going. But once we started playing, I thought we had a good second half of the game, Gagner said. I think were on a good run here and we want to keep pushing forward.Cam Atkinson and Matt Calvert also scored to help the Blue Jackets (18-5-4) improve to 8-0-1 in their last nine games.Tyler Pitlick had the goal for the Oilers (15-12-5), who have lost five of six.The Oilers got a 4-minute power play to start the second period on a mistaken call after Edmonton forward Milan Lucic accidentally caught teammate Connor McDavid in the face with his stick.Blue Jackets goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, who made 33 saves, squashed Edmontons opportunity to take a two-goal lead, and Columbus went on to score three consecutive goals.You do get some momentum from killing it, Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella said. I dont think we panicked. I didnt think we competed that hard in the first period, but then we found ourselves.It was Edmontons 32nd game of the season compared to 27 for Columbus, but Lucic said fatigue wasnt a valid excuse.We had more than enough rest over the last two days to be ready for this one, he said. We had the energy we wanted in the first period, but we just couldnt sustain it. We just didnt keep it going for 60 minutes and thats a big reason we lost.Edmonton got on the scoreboard first, just past the midpoint of the opening period as a hard-charging Pitlick got to a rebound in the blue paint and chipped it over Bobrovsky.The Oilers appeared to add another with 4 minutes left in the first, but officials determined forward Zack Kassian interfered with the goalie on the play.Columbus tied the game on a power play 8 minutes into the second period when Gagner came back to hurt his old team. The puck went off the toe of his skate and past Edmonton goalie Cam Talbot for Gagners fourth goal in the last four games and 12th of the season.The Blue Jackets made it 2-1 at 7:10 of the third as a pass deflected to Atkinson and he hammered his 11th of the season past Talbot.Columbus added to its lead 1:36 later when Calvert took advantage of a sloppy Oilers line change and rifled a shot off Talbots arm and into the net.The Blue Jackets completely took over in the third and were outshooting Edmonton 12-0 midway through the period.Coming from behind on a team like that, a lot of teams in the league havent been able to do that. And you can put us on the list as well, Oilers coach Todd McLellan said.Game notes It was the first of two meetings between the teams this season. The other one is Jan. 3 in Columbus. ... Oilers D Brandon Davidson played his first game since injuring his shoulder in the season opener Oct. 12 against Calgary. That was good news for Edmonton, which announced that fellow defenseman Darnell Nurse could miss up to three months following ankle surgery. ... Columbus captain Nick Foligno returned to the lineup after missing two games with the flu.UP NEXTBlue Jackets: Play at Calgary on Friday, the second game of a three-game road swing through Western Canada.Oilers: Host the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday. Iiro Pakarinen Jersey . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. Wayne Gretzky Jersey . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. http://www.oilersjerseyscheap.com/?tag=ryan-nugent-hopkins-jersey . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. CHICAGO -- Even though Jared Weaver still isnt pitching the way he wants to, he thinks hes now progressing instead of regressing.Thats something he couldnt say back in spring training when he was diagnosed with degenerative changes in the vertebrae of his neck.Its getting better, Weaver said following the Los Angeles Angels 5-1 loss to the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night. Every time I go out it feels different, but definitely my body is feeling a lot less restrictions.One day its all gonna click, he added.This wasnt the day, though.Kris Bryant hit his 28th home run, John Lackey outpitched his friend and former teammate, and Chicago won its eighth consecutive game.Willson Contreras also homered and Ben Zobrist added an RBI double for the major league-leading Cubs, who improved to 70-41.Los Angeles (49-63) dropped its fifth straight and fell into last place in the AL West.Kole Calhoun homered in the first inning, but that was all the offense the Angels produced. Lackey (9-7) allowed three hits over eight innings, and all six of his strikeouts were looking.He was really good, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. Thats how he pitches. Hes aggressive. He went after them.Weaver (8-9) gave up four earned runs and another one that was unearned when he dropped a throw to first base for an error. He permitted eight hits in five innings.I dont think he pitched as poorly as his linescore indicates, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. We let some things get away from us a little bit. But a couple of mistakes he made and those guys hit it out.The matchup of veteran right-handers was as one-sided as their teams seasons in the opener of Chicagos 10-game homestand.The 37-year-old Lackey and 33-year-old Weaver were teammates a decade ago with the Angels. They had split their previous two meetings when Lackey pitched for Boston.Its still a little weird because I root for him when hes not facingg us, Lackey said. Yohann Auvitu Jersey. Hes a good friend. I really respect the way hes still competing and still getting after it with stuff thats a little less than he used to have. But hes still grinding, still trying to help his club win.Calhoun struck first, sending Lackeys third pitch into the left-field bleachers for his first homer since June 25. Contreras tied it with a shot to left-center in the third.Weaver had the Cubs off balance early with his 83 mph fastball and 70 mph curve. But Chicago started to pounce the second time through the order, with Anthony Rizzo doubling in a two-run fourth and again in a two-run fifth.The second hit came after Bryant sent Weavers slider onto Waveland Avenue.Its one of those lineups where you cant really breathe while youre out there. Theres no leeway, Weaver said.TRAINERS ROOMAngels: New closer Cam Bedrosian was placed on the 15-day DL with tendinitis in his right middle finger. RHP A.J. Achter was called up from Triple-A. . 1B C.J. Cron (hand) plans to take live batting practice in Arizona this week. . RHP Nick Tropeano will undergo Tommy John surgery next Tuesday in Los Angeles.SOTO ACTIVATEDAngels C Geovany Soto was activated from the 15-day DL following the game and C Carlos Perez was optioned to Triple-A Salt Lake. Scioscia said Soto will be in the lineup Wednesday night.CALL REVERSEDThe Cubs Dexter Fowler was ruled out after 3B Yunel Escobar had a foul pop knocked out of his glove by a fan in the fifth. Umpires initially ruled it no play before huddling and changing the call without a replay review.UP NEXTThe series concludes Wednesday night with Chicago RHP Jason Hammel (11-5, 3.07 ERA) returning from the bereavement list to face right-hander and former Cubs draft pick Ricky Nolasco (4-8, 5.23). Nike NFL Jerseys ChinaJerseys NFL CheapCheap NFL T-shirtsWholesale NFL White JerseysWholesale NFL Camo JerseysChina JerseysCheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Share: