Mariners. Hell face Mariners LHP Wade Miley, who is 0-2 since his | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 28 '18
ST. Youth Bills Jerseys . THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands -- Dennis Smith Jr. scored a career-high 24 points and N.C. State held off Saint Josephs for a 73-63 victory Monday in the third-place game of the Paradise Jam tournament.Torin Dorn added 19 points, Terry Henderson 15 and Abdul-Malik Abu had 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Wolfpack (4-1), who overcame an 11-point deficit in the first half to lead by as many as 14 points.I think we just started really slow, N.C. State coach Mark Gottfried said. I dont know if it was because of last nights game (a 112-94 loss to Creighton in the semifinals Sunday). We didnt have a lot of zip early. But around the 12-minute mark of the first half, we really started to play. We got going, started to execute and our defense was better. Our guys really responded.Shavar Newkirk scored 23 points and Charlie Brown added 14 for the Hawks (3-2), who shot just 32.9 percent from the field (24 of 73) including 5 of 22 from 3-point range.Still, Saint Josephs managed to make N.C. State sweat in the closing minutes. Down 57-43 with less than 11 minutes remaining, the Hawks pulled to within six points three times, the last at 69-63 with 2:29 remaining.But Smith connected of a pair of free throws less than a minute later, followed by a Henderson dunk that pushed N.C. States lead back to double digits.We had some terrific numbers -- 22 offensive rebounds, 73 shots, eight turnovers, 10 for 12 from the foul line, Saint Josephs coach Phil Martelli said. Just terrific numbers. We just didnt have enough guys making shots.BIG PICTURESaint Josephs: Sophomore guard Lamarr Kimble struggled in Mondays game, missing his first 10 shots. He finished with three points on 1-of-15 shooting, including 1-of-7 3-pointers.N.C. State: Smith showed why he was voted the ACCs preseason rookie of the year and put on the leagues preseason first team. While not particularly effective shooting (6 of 15 from the field, 3 of 6 on 3-pointers), he made 9 of 10 from the free throw line and added eight assists.UP NEXTSaint Josephs: Takes a few days off, then hosts Temple on Nov. 30.N.C. State: Hosts fellow Paradise Jam participant Loyola-Chicago on Saturday. Siran Neal Stitched Jersey . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse.Harrison Phillips Stitched Jersey .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. http:///...ler-stitched-jersey/ . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Royals Yordano Ventura stood on the mound one out away from taking a tie game into the seventh inning. Two hits and one wild pitch later, he walked off with the Mariners in control.Seattle scored the tying and go-ahead runs on that wild pitch, and Hisashi Iwakuma pitched into the seventh inning, helping the Mariners to a 3-2 victory over Kansas City on Friday night.Ventura (6-7) gave up only a sacrifice fly to Ketel Marte in the fifth before unraveling the next inning, beginning with Seth Smiths two-out single and Robinson Canos double.Nelson Cruz stepped to the plate and nearly gave Seattle a three-run homer, sending a pitch soaring down the right-field line. First base umpire CB Bucknor initially signaled home run, then signaled foul ball, then decided that he wasnt quite sure and met with the rest of the umpires.I lost it. Cruz said I think that happened to the umpire too. I had no clue.After a review, the ball was declared foul and Nelson dug in again.This time, Venturas pitched got past catcher Salvador Perez and bounded away, allowing Smith to score from third base and tie the game 1-all. Perez threw the ball away trying to get him out at the plate, allowing Cano to also score -- the star catcher was given an error on the play.I was pitching good up to that point, I got two quick outs in that inning, Ventura said. I lost concentration and got a little bit behind the count, gave up a couple of hits and then came that play.Ventura allowed three runs, six hits and a walk over seven innings. He struck out five.Those three runs were enough for Iwakuma (9-6), who allowed one run, five hits and three walks over 6 2/3 innings, striking out six. He kept the Royals off balance with his usual herky-jerky delivery, the only run he allowed coming on Cheslor Cuthberts base hit in the fourth inning.We didnt have scoring opportunities, Royals manager Ned Yost said. Hes tough, got a good sinker, a good split. Keeeps you off balance with you know a decent slider. Throwback Bills Jerseys. Steve Cishek, who blew the save in the series opener, allowed Perezs homer in the ninth before finishing off the inning. It was his 21st save of the season.Obviously, yesterday was tough, he said. I felt really good yesterday, its just baseball. So, I wanted a chance to go back out there and, if I had the chance, give the team the win to make up for it. It got a little sketchy there. I didnt think he hit that that well, but, you know, I was able to finish it.Not to mention snap the Mariners 10-game road losing streak.Thats the beauty of baseball, Cishek said. You play so many games that if you have a bad outing you have an opportunity to get back out there the next night.HOME SWEET HOMEYost has given up trying to explain his clubs bizarre home-road split -- they began the day 28-11 at Kauffman Stadium, best in the majors, but are just 16-30 away from the spacious ballpark. They average five runs at home and just over three on the road. Its puzzling, Yost said, but theres not anything you can point to other than were just not producing.TRAINERS ROOMThe Mariners Felix Hernandez will return July 20 against the White Sox. He is slated for a rehab start with Class-A Everett on Sunday. When asked what directions he would give Hernandez upon his return, manager Scott Servais replied: Go pitch. Have fun. Hernandez went on the DL on June 1 with a right calf strain.UP NEXTRoyals RHP Edinson Volquez tries to continue his dominance of Seattle when the teams continue their four-game set Saturday. Volquez is 4-0 with a 2.38 ERA in six career starts against the Mariners. Hell face Mariners LHP Wade Miley, who is 0-2 since his return from a left shoulder injury. Miley is 4-1 with a 2.91 ERA against the Royals, throwing a shutout against them on April 30. Wholesale NFL Gear Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL T-shirts ' ' '
Share: