to lots of insight into how to attack the Dutch.They pushed us, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 25 '18
LAS VEGAS -- Rodney Simeon scored 24 points and Alabama State made 8 of 9 free throws in overtime to defeat Cal State Fullerton 76-67 in the Global Sports Classic on Saturday. DJ Chark Jersey .Fullerton, which outscored the Hornets by 10 from the line in regulation, made just 2 of 4 down the stretch, allowing Tony Armstrong to score in the lane with four seconds left to tie the game 62.Armstrong opened the overtime with a tip, giving Alabama State (1-5) its first lead since late in the first half. The Hornets had a one-point lead when Armstrong scored again to make it 70-67 with 1:46 to play. With Fullerton forced to foul in the final minute, the Hornets made all six from the line, four by Simeon.Torloft Thomas had 16 points and Armstrong 11 with 15 rebounds for Alabama State.Tre Collins had 19 for the Titans (2-4), but went 1 of 12 from distance. Logan Cooke Jersey . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. Cheap Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. http:///...ic-tanner-lee-jersey . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. RIO DE JANEIRO -- This past year in Istanbul, U.S. assistant coach Jamie Morrison worked right alongside a man he considers among the best volleyball minds in the business.And fired-up, Italian-born Netherlands coach Giovanni Guidetti is suddenly making quite a splash in Brazil with group of tenacious Dutch women determined to spoil the fun for the top teams in the tournament. Even if few might have expected them to contend while playing in their first Olympics in 20 years.Morrison was an assistant on Guidettis staff at club power Vakifbank in Turkey, coaching Olympians Lonneke Sloetjes, Anne Buijs and Robin de Kruijf and also U.S. outside hitter Kim Hill, who through the net saw several familiar faces.So, when the top-ranked Americans received a real push from the Netherlands in a hard-fought, five-set victory Monday, Morrison and the rest of the U.S. group were nowhere near surprised by the stellar display on the other side. The Dutch had already spoiled Chinas Olympic debut Saturday, then the Chinese bounced back with a straight-set win over Italy.Theyre not intimidated by anybody now, and they shouldnt be. Theyre good, said U.S. coach Karch Kiraly, who figures the group winners wont go unscathed. And thats great, because the Olympics are about being good.Guidetti credits Morrison -- someone he considers above an assistant -- for helping him become a better coach.I learned a lot from him and I hope I can keep learning a lot from him, Guidetti said after the match. Hes an amazing coach. Hes an amazing man and he knows volleyball very well.Hes like a lead guy. Im really trying to learn every time from the people that can teach me, and hes for sure one of the ones that can teach me.The U.S. rallied from one set down and again behind 2-1 to win 18-25, 25-18, 21-25, 25-20, 15-8 on a day Netherlands captain Maret Balkestein-Grothues had to be helped off midway through the fourth set with a right ankle injury and didnt return.Simple communications were maade before the match. Will Richardson Jersey. uch close international connections are commonplace in a sport that has no professional league in the U.S. for men or women, meaning players move across the world for eight months of the year to play professionally.I looked across the net and we were smiling before the match, Morrison said. A head nod, nothing more than that, not a hug.You bet the Americans envisioned this success for the Netherlands, a squad Morrison has seen make big strides in a matter of weeks ahead of the Olympics.Volleyball has come enormously far in the Netherlands in the past two years, he said. The team is up and coming and the support in their country is as well.Post-match, beach and indoor gold medalist Kiraly was getting goosebumps on top of my goosebumps thinking about the important test the Americans had just received Monday.The first-pumping, hard-clapping Guidetti lost his voice during the opening match and animatedly bounced around the court again. His example of passion, a desire to learn every day to make everyone around him better, has been a positive influence on the 35-year-old Morrison.He coached on the gold-medal winning mens Olympic staff in 2008 under Hugh McCutcheon and an assistant again as McCutcheon moved to lead the women to silver four years ago in London.Now, hes one of Kiralys right-hand men. When Morrison is not in Turkey with Guidetti, that is.When it came to scouting the Netherlands and other pool opponents -- a six-team group Kiraly called truly gnarly -- in the Olympic lead-up back at training headquarters in Orange County, everyone took part. Morrison said it was a collaborative effort involving the athletes that led to lots of insight into how to attack the Dutch.They pushed us, U.S. middle blocker Foluke Akinradewo said afterward. Thats what we love. We try and embrace those moments. Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Black China NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap China NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Share: