votes which events will be part of the Tokyo Games, and whether golf remains | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 23 '18
NEW YORK -- Texas coach Shaka Smart does not have much time to try to fix the things that went wrong for his No. Cheap Arizona Cardinals Jerseys China . 22 Longhorns in a 77-58 loss to Northwestern late Monday night in the Legends Classic at the Barclays Center.The Longhorns (3-1) tip-off at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday against Colorado (3-1) in the consolation game of the tournament. Notre Dame faces Northwestern in the evenings title game.Texas led for only 3:23 against Northwestern and trailed by double digits for the entire second half.The Longhorns shot 48 percent from the line and 37 percent from the floor. They turned the ball over 14 times, were out-rebounded 40-31 and allowed Northwestern to score 18 second-chance points.It was the first time in nearly three years that Northwestern knocked off a Top 25 team.So where does Smart and his coaching staff start?I think the most important thing is to come with great energy and be able to turn the page quickly and what goes into winning this next game, he said. Obviously theres going to be a lot of things on tape that were going to want to practice and do better and get better at through practice, but we dont have that luxury between now and 3:30.Were going to have to get our guys rest tonight, wake up in the morning and talk about what we need to do and work together as a unit to be better that we were tonight.Tevin Mack paced Texas with 18 points.Northwestern set the tone early by opening the game on an 11-0 run en route to a 34-26 halftime lead.The Wildcats opened the first 3:14 of the second half with a big outburst, going on a 10-1 run for a 44-27 cushion.Northwestern closed out the first half on a 9-0 run to take a 34-26 advantage. Scottie Lindsey scored seven points in the spurt, finishing with 13 points in the half.Texas made just nine shots in the half, including five 3-pointers.A 3-pointer from Mack gave the Longhorns a 23-22 lead, their first of the half, with 7:13 remaining.A 20-9 blitz by Texas tied the score at 20 after Northwestern took a sizable early lead.The Wildcats forced six turnovers in the first seven minutes.I thought Northwestern did a great job of starting the game with aggressiveness, said Smart. They got that big lead. For us its an experience that we need to learn from and grow. Theres a lot of things that were going to take from the tape that we can fix and do better with slight adjustments.Earlier Monday, Colorado dropped an 89-83 decision to Notre Dame in the opener of the tournament.The Buffaloes trailed by 15 points at halftime and were able to get as close as four points twice in the final minute, but Notre Dame went 14 for 14 from the free throw line over the final 1:33.Xavier Johnson led the Buffaloes with 23 points, and Derrick White had 20 points and nine assists. .I liked our guys fight to get back. You dig yourself a hole in the first half, against a good team its tough, Colorado coach Tad Boyle said. They made free throws down the stretch when they had to. I knew they (Notre Dame) were a good free-throw shooting team. So its tough to come back on teams like that. We have to fight for 40 minutes, not for 20.The Buffaloes came in allowing 59.3 points per game. Arizona Cardinals Jerseys China . The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. Authentic Christian Kirk Jersey . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a good goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (good goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. http://www.cheaparizonacardinalsjerseysauthentic.com/ .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. A year away from golfs return to the Olympics after a 112-year absence, IOC President Thomas Bach said it would be good if the sport had a wide range of players from as many countries as possible competing for medals.And thats what it delivered -- 41 countries in the mens and womens competition -- an example of golfs global appeal.But the story of celebrated return has become more about whos not playing.Jordan Spieth will be watching from home, still wondering if he should have set aside his personal concerns and gone to Rio de Janeiro. Rory McIlroy said he wont be watching at all, citing the Zika virus and then taking a swipe at golf as an Olympic sport by saying he would watch the sports that matter.Of eligible players, 21 men said they would not be going, nearly half of them citing concerns about Zika.The women have carried the torch for golf, with only one player declining to go because of the mosquito-borne virus that has been linked to birth defects. Stacy Lewis has questioned whether the men make too much money to care about the Olympics.She is getting married in the fall, and hearing so many men cite Zika because they plan to start families caused her to probe deeper into the threat.I talked to a lot of different people and basically went into the conversation thinking in my head, `OK, give me a reason why I shouldnt go. And none of those people ever gave me a reason why I should not go, Lewis said.I want to be a part of the Olympics, she said. .I think the Olympics are bigger than any golf tournament on the planet. Its bigger than the Masters. Its bigger than the U.S. Open. Its bigger than the Womens Open. Its the biggest thing out there, and I want to be a part of that.None of the top four in mens golf will be part of the Rio Games. The men will have only eight of the top 20 in the world, including Masters champion Danny Willett of England and British Open champion Henrik Stenson of Sweden.The women will have nine of 10, only because South Korea has five players in the top 10 and countries only are allowed to send four.The mens competition is Aug. 11-14, followed by the women on Aug. 17-20. Regardless of who plays, medals will be distributed to a golfer for the first time since George Lyon of Canada won the gold in St. Louis against a 77-man field -- three Canadians, 74 Americans.The women did not play.THE FORMAT: The men and women will compete in medal play over 72 holes, justt like they do throughout the golf season. Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Authentic. The International Golf Federation has been criticized for not having a team format, which might have given some players motivation to attend. Ty Votaw, the vice presidents of the IGF, has said player support was imperative in golfs bid to get back in the Olympics, and most of them wanted a 72-hole format.THE COURSE: For the longest time, the biggest headache in golfs return to the Olympics was getting the golf course built. American golf architect Gil Hanse was selected to design Olympic Golf Course in Barra da Tijuca, and it was delayed because of politics and environmental lawsuits. A test event was not held until March and involved nine Brazilian players. The course could be the star of the Olympics. It is to become Rios only public course when the Olympics are over to help grow the sport.MALE FAVORITE: Stenson is the highest-ranked player at No. 5 and coming off arguably the greatest final round in a major when he won The Open at Royal Troon. He would be considered a favorite for the mens gold along with two-time Masters champion Bubba Watson, Sergio Garcia of Spain, Rickie Fowler and Justin Rose. Andy Murray won a gold medal in tennis before he won a Grand Slam event, and that could be a strong possibility in golf. Garcia, Fowler, Patrick Reed and Matt Kuchar are among the highest-ranked players to have never won a major.FEMALE FAVORITE: Womens golf doesnt have as much depth as the men, and there are fewer surprises in the big events. While the Koreans have strength in numbers, the favorites start with Lydia Ko of New Zealand and Brooke Henderson of Canada, a pair of teenagers who are No. 1 and No. 2 in the world, and who won the first two majors in the LPGA season. Lexi Thompson is the highest-ranked American and a major champion. Lewis is the most accomplished American, though she is going on two years without a victory.THE FUTURE: The biggest competition might be a year after the Olympics, when the IOC votes which events will be part of the Tokyo Games, and whether golf remains part of the Olympic program beyond 2020. Golfs future has taken a big hit with so many male stars pulling out, and the IGF has said it hopes the IOC will consider the myriad problems in Brazil in assessing the withdrawals. Disocunt Football JerseysChina JerseysCheap Jerseys Free ShippingJerseys NFL CheapWholesale Jerseys 2020Wholesale NFL Womens JerseysJerseys NFL China ' ' '
Share: