sets up their play action and some of the quarterback movement | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 12 '18
TORONTO -- Buried in the ashes of a tough 19-inning defeat was a welcome development for the Toronto Blue Jays: A solid start from Marcus Stroman. Mens Adidas Pure Boost 2.0 Primeknit Metallic Gold Uk .Carlos Santana homered in the 19th inning off infielder Darwin Barney and the Cleveland Indians beat the Blue Jays 2-1 on Friday, extending their winning streak to a franchise-best 14 games.Stroman came in having allowed 38 earned runs in his previous eight starts but was sharper against the Indians, giving up one run and five hits in 6 2/3 innings.He threw the ball very well, Blue Jays bench coach DeMarlo Hale said. The breaking ball had some swing and miss to it.Stroman struck out six, and 10 of his 20 outs came on ground balls.I felt good, Stroman said. The work thats been going on between starts is starting to pay off.Cleveland won 13 straight in 1942 and again in 1951.Its the longest winning streak since Atlanta won 14 straight in 2013, and the longest by an AL team since Oakland won 20 in a row in 2002.I guess if youre going to set a record, you might as well do it the hard way, Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer said.The 19 innings matched the longest game in Blue Jays history. Toronto played 19 against Detroit in August 2014.Having used seven of their eight relievers, the Indians turned to Bauer, Saturdays scheduled starter, in the 15th. Bauer (7-2) worked five innings for the win.I thought what Trevor did was above and beyond, Indians manager Terry Francona said.Only closer Cody Allen, who was unavailable after working the previous three games, did not pitch for Cleveland.After seven Blue Jays relievers combined to pitch 10 1/3 scoreless innings, Toronto turned to infielder Ryan Goins in the 18th.Jose Ramirez and Lonnie Chisenhall began the inning with singles, but Ramirez was caught in a rundown on Michael Martinezs fielders choice grounder. After intentionally walking Tyler Naquin, Goins got out of the bases-loaded jam by getting Chris Gimenez to ground into a double play.Barney, who started the game at second base, replaced Goins in the 19th. The infielders became the ninth and 10th position players to pitch for Toronto.Santana greeted Barney (0-1) with a drive to right-center, his 17th.Torontos only run came in the sixth when Justin Smoak snapped an 0-for-18 slump by homering off Cleveland starter Josh Tomlin. It was the eighth of the season for Smoak and the 100th of his career.The Blue Jays lost major league RBI leader Edwin Encarnacion when he was ejected for arguing after being called out on strikes to end the first inning. Manager John Gibbons was also ejected.Im taking the high road and saying thats part of the game, said Hale, who took over for Gibbons. There were some emotional plays and there were some disagreements.All three Blue Jays batters were called out on strikes in the first, with Encarnacion livid after being rung up on a 3-2 pitch that looked outside.Encarnacion made contact with home plate umpire Vic Carapazzas left shoulder after being ejected. Gibbons rushed out to break up the argument and was also tossed.Catcher Russell Martin was ejected by Carapazza after striking out to end the 13th. A fuming Martin had to be restrained by Hale and third base coach Luis Rivera as he screamed at Carapazza.He just wasnt very good today, Martin said of Carapazza. All the things that everybody in the ballpark were thinking, I didnt say that. I felt like he really didnt have to throw me out.HOLIDAY FASHIONSThe Blue Jays marked Canada Day with red maple leaf caps, red jerseys and red socks. The Indians wore Canadian flag patches on the right sleeve of their jerseys.TRAINERS ROOMBlue Jays: OF Jose Bautista (left big toe) is not expected to return before the All-Star break, Gibbons said. Bautista was injured June 16 at Philadelphia.UP NEXTIndians: Clevelands starter for Saturday is unknown after Bauer was used in relief. Were working through that right now, Francona said afterward. Weve got some things weve got to talk through.Blue Jays: RHP Marco Estrada (5-3, 2.81) has allowed at least one home run in each of his past five starts. Adidas Pure Boost 3 NIGHT NAVY Mens Uk . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. Cheap Adidas Ultra Boost Shoes . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. http:///...e-green-gold-uk.html . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. Still stinging from a 31-24 home loss to the Seattle Seahawks, the New England Patriots travel across the country to face the woeful San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.And they will do so without Rob Gronkowski.The big tight end, injured by a smashing hit from Seattles Earl Thomas on Sunday night, missed five plays but came back and finished the game, which ended when an attempted fade to him in the end zone was incomplete. He was ruled out of the game against the 49ers on Friday.On Monday a report surfaced he suffered a punctured lung. Then Tuesday another report said it was a bruised sternum.There was no Gronkowski news Wednesday -- except that his brother, Glenn, was re-signed to the practice squad.While all was quiet on that front, it was apparent neither Gronkowski will be on the field when the 7-2 Patriots visit the 1-8 (with eight straight losses) 49ers.Clearly, Rob Gronkowskis absence makes the powerful New England offense weaker. But the injury took focus away from what the Patriots defense did Sunday, which was little as Russell Wilson threw for 348 yards and three touchdowns.Chip Kelly is the coach of the 49ers now, but last year he brought the Philadelphia Eagles to Gillette Stadium and won, scoring 35 points.(Coach Bill Belichick) has been on us about that game, too, defensive captain Devin McCourty said Wednesday. Obviously, we didnt do some things well that game, so we just talked about the importance of, with Chip Kelly being there now, theyll definitely probably go through that game, and things that they gave us trouble with theyll look at and probably go back to.Hes (Belichick) trained us as players I think in really all phases of the game about being prepared for those things, so weve gone through that game a little bit, just watching and seeing how we might get attacked, obviously, not by Philly but by a team coached by Chip Kelly.Asked what his team has to do to calm the fears of anxious Patriots fans about the defense, McCourty said, Its simple. Weve just got to play better -- theres nothing I can say to calm that or anything, weve just got to go out there and play better. I think thhats what everyone in the locker room and everyone on the defense wants to go out there and do.NEIGHBORHOOD x Adidas Gazelle Black/White Uk. Theres nothing to say. Youve just got to go do it.The 49ers are 29th in the NFL in total offense and 30th in passing. But theyre seventh in rushing, with Colin Kaepernick always a threat to take off with the football. And the New England defensive players have been impressed with the way the Niners have moved the ball the last two games -- the third and fourth games with Kaepernick as the starter.I mean, if wed have played well (last week) wed still have something to prove, New England defensive end Chris Long said. Every week we have something to prove. If you have a mindset any different in this league, youre going to get embarrassed because theres good teams every week that you have to play that has weapons. San Francisco certainly has that.The 49ers only win was a 28-0 opening victory over the Los Angeles Rams, who also remain on New Englands schedule. They lost by three points at Arizona last Sunday.Earlier this week, Kelly, the former offensive coordinator at the University of New Hampshire, revealed some extremely important news on his relationship with Belichick.Were Facebook friends, Kelly said. We spend a lot of time online together.He is a good friend. Hes always been very, very kind to me, whether I was at New Hampshire or Oregon or now, when Ive been in the NFL. Very good friend. ... I was just very thankful that he is a friend of mine, and Ive got great respect for him. Excited about the matchup this week and getting a chance to coach against him again.Talking about Kaepernick and the Niners attack Wednesday, Belichick said, They run the ball as much as any team in the league so that sets up their play action and some of the quarterback movement plays that hes good at, as well as their third-down package. He has a good group of skill players to work with. The receivers are good, the tight ends are good, the backs are very good. They can move the ball. China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys NFL T-shirts From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2019 ' ' '
Share: