The Bulldogs have lost at South Carolina and Nebraska. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 12 '18
What people should learn from the U. Cheap Air Max 97 Sale .S. womens eight crews that have won the past three gold medals is that with these crews, it just wasnt about winning. It isnt?winners take all that defines success.?I think they would be most proud of what they did on the day and how many years it took to make the race go down that way.When I saw the womens eight cross the line in Rio, I knew there was a lot of hard work, a lot of tenacity. A lot of being relentless -- and its just an incredible team. They did do it, not because of the glory -- its not a limelight sport -- but because everyone wants to be on a team. Its a team society.?I think that when push comes to shove, you back up your teammates no matter what. And that is the glory.I loved watching them win in Rio. Especially?how?they won. Because the whole rowing field threw the kitchen sink at them. Everyone just sold their soul through the first 500 meters and the U.S. women didnt freak out. They were composed and just kept building and building and building momentum to the finish line. I was really proud. They rowed their own race and they unleashed something that made the other boats regret how hard they went in the first 500.The accomplishment, its historical. But what I think Im most proud about it is we dont let that success weigh us down. Yeah, you do feel the pressure, but its almost like, I dont want to let my teammates down, and, I want to make sure that I am my best version of myself so I can back my teammates up no matter what. And I think that culture of not letting each other down and just giving your all?all?the time, thats the fun part.When I look at a boat like the one at my alma mater, the University of Washington, that the 1936 U.S. team rowed to gold, I always think of the crew that sits in those seats. Im always just searching: How did it feel? How did that feel when nothing else mattered but the nine in that boat and that lane? Yes, you are rowing side-by-side with somebody, but its almost internal magic that you cant?really define.Thats what I love about the book The Boys in the Boat about the 1936 team. Because Daniel James Brown nailed it. He put into words what every rower knows -- about that feeling of being in sync with nine individuals and you have that shared moment of laying it all out. Its a magical emotion and there is no feeling like it.More on the U.S. womens rowing eight? A new gold standard?Story ?? Six questions on pressure for coxswain Katelin Snyder?Story ?? Olympic rowing hotbed isnt where you think it is?Story ?The IMPACT25 is espnWs annual list of the 25 athletes and influencers who have made the greatest difference for women in sports. Explore the 2016 list and more content at espnW.com/IMPACT25. Nike Air Max Plus Tn For Sale . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. Cheap Air Max 270 For Sale . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. http://www.cheapwholesaleairmax95.com/air-max-97-cheap.html . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska hadnt planned to run its offense through Tai Webster and Jack McVeigh Saturday. It just worked out that the pair each had career scoring nights to lead the Huskers over Louisiana Tech 65-54.Webster had 17 of his 23 points in the first half, many of them coming off drives to the basket on which he either scored or went to the free throw line where he hit 7 of 8 shots.It just kind of played out that way, Webster said of his drives. Theyre a real aggressive defensive team and they force a lot of turnovers, obviously, Im living proof of it. I was just trying to match the aggression and not let me be on the back foot from it. Just attack them, bring the game to them.McVeigh scored 16 of his 21 points in the second half after the Bulldogs sent multiple defenders at Webster.Honestly, the shots just came to me, McVeigh said. They extended the pressure and with the pressure comes rotations and with rotations theres an open man. My teammates found me. Four of the six (field goals) were assisted on. Theyre easy looks when Im getting good passes from my teammates.Nebraska (3-0) led 45-41 when McVeigh hit a 3-pointer with 11:56 left, followed that up with a layup and Evan Taylor knocked down a jumper with 9:53 remaining that put the Huskers up 52-41.Louisiana Tech (1-2) traded baskets with Nebraska over the next six minutes, with Ed Morrow Jrs dunk giving the Huskers a 60-50 lead with 3:53 left. But Nebraska didnt hit another field goal.The Bulldogs Erik McCree hit a pair of jumpers to cut the Nebraska lead to six with 57 seconds left. But McVeigh hit two of three free throws and Webster added a pair to seal the win.Theres no question, we really just couldnt get over the hump and really build some momentum, said Louisiana Tech coach Eric Konkol. It seemed like every time we got close, we missed a shot or we turned it over or theyd get a bucket on the other end. We just coulldnt get over the hump tonight. White Air Max 95 Mens. Got to give them a lot of credit. I thought they played some stingy defense and made it very difficult on us.Nebraska coach Tim Miles also praised the defense of his six primary players and particularly their toughness at the end.I thought the last four minutes we were a very, very tough team, Miles said. I thought there was a stretch in there where they were out-toughing us. But I thought we finished it the way they were doing it earlier. That was really important. Were not going to win otherwise.Nebraska won the game at the free throw line, outscoring Louisiana Tech by 15 from the stripe. The Huskers hit 11 of 12 first half free throws while Louisiana Tech was just 4 of 10. Nebraska hit 10 of 12 free throws in the second half. The Bulldogs were 2 of 2.McCree led Louisiana Tech with 16 points.QUOTABLEMcVeigh and Webster are roommates and were asked who had to buy dinner since they both had career highs Saturday. Webster replied: I guess I have to, hes the older one. Ill probably cook something. Out of the two, Im the best. He hooked me up the other day with some good seafood. So well see.THE BIG PICTURENebraska: Nebraska continues to search for production from its bench. Nebraskas non-starters contributed just 2 points in the first half and six in the second half in a combined 53 minutes of time on the floor.Louisiana Tech: Louisiana Tech has one more trip to a power 5 conference school in its first six games, playing at California on Nov. 30. The Bulldogs have lost at South Carolina and Nebraska.UP NEXTNebraska travels to Fullerton, Calif. where it will meet Dayton in the opening round of the Wooden Legacy tournament Thursday.Louisiana Tech returns home to Ruston, La. where it will host Oklahoma Baptist Wednesday. NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys ' ' '
Share: