second, putting home a rebound at the si | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Nov 17 '17
MADRID - Maria Sharapova brushed aside Klara Koukalova 6-1, 6-2 in the first round of the Madrid Open on Sunday, while Ana Ivanovic beat Madison Keys 6-1, 7-6 (4). Doug Flutie Jersey . Sharapova, who lost to Serena Williams in last years final, converted six of eight break points to take advantage of Koukalovas eight double faults on the Caja Magica clay court. The eighth-seeded Sharapova will play Christina McHale of the United States in the second round. The 11th-seeded Ivanovic ousted Keys to set up a meeting with fellow Serb Bojana Jovanovski. Ivanovic overcame her shaky serve by saving three of four break points. Top-ranked Williams opens her title defence later against Swiss Belinda Bencic. Micah Hyde Jersey . - Loosening up for their first training camp practice, the Miami Dolphins high-stepped sideways up and down the field while House of Pains song "Jump Around" blared on the loudspeakers. Dion Dawkins Jersey . Joining him in this years class were Switzerlands Patrick Huerlimann and Norways Eigil Ramsfjell. The announcement was made at the world mens curling championship at Capital Indoor Stadium in China.ST. JOHNS, N.L. -- Jerome Samson said the IceCaps only played 20 good minutes of hockey. He needed just two of those minutes to win the game. Samson tied the game with a goal then won it with another in overtime as the St. Johns IceCaps beat the Worcester Sharks 3-2 in American Hockey League action Wednesday. "We had a slow start and a slow second period too," Samson said. "But, I think we came around. We got the win and its not always going to be pretty. "Some nights you dont deserve the two points and you get them. Tonight we played only 20 minutes and (managed) to get the two points." Samson tied the game at two with 1:45 left in regulation on a short-handed goal. With Andrew Gordon serving an interference penalty, Samson streaked down the wing, had his first shot saved and then scored on the ensuing wraparound. "I went around the defenceman, and my first thought was to shoot the puck as soon as I was out in a shooting lane," Samson said. "The goalie played it well, he stepped out on me and was kind of reaching for the puck so I didnt want to give it away. I ended up wrapping around and just banked it in." Then just 26 seconds into overtime Samson gathered the puck in front of Sharks goaltender Troy Grosenick and buried a low wrist shot to win the game for thee IceCaps. Tyrod Taylor Jersey. IceCaps head coach Keith McCambridge was happy with the result, but couldnt say the same about his teams play. "We had a bit of a reward there with being able to pull that game out," he said. "I didnt like the way we played the first two periods. I felt like we were late everywhere and that happens when youre not skating enough." Andrew Gordon also scored for the IceCaps (6-7-1), while Eddie Pasquale stopped 23 shots. Rylan Schwartz and Daniil Tarasov replied for the Sharks (3-7-0), and Grosenick finished with 27 saves. The Sharks opened the scoring 2:03 into the first period after the IceCaps turned over the puck to Schwartz, who finished a short-handed breakaway chance. "Any time you have a short-handed goal against, the momentum really drops from your game," McCambridge said. "It was tough to get traction again after that short-handed goal. But, as the game wore on, especially the third, we played at the level we needed to." Tarasov doubled the lead for the Sharks at the 13:02 mark of the second, putting home a rebound at the side of the net on the power play. Gordon put St. Johns on the board with 14:37 left in the third on a tap-in from the edge of the crease, setting up Samsons pair of goals to complete St. Johns rally. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: