avoided contact with a stout barr | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Nov 17 '17
The Philadelphia 76ers put up a surprisingly good fight when they hosted the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier this month. Robinson Zapata Jersey .The Sixers can only hope to do the same when the defending NBA champions return to town on Sunday afternoon.As of Friday, the Cavaliers were planning a side trip Saturday to Columbus, Ohio, for the Ohio State-Michigan football game before continuing on to Philadelphia.Cleveland will along a 12-2 record, best in the Eastern Conference, including a three-game winning streak.The Sixers, while not quite as feeble as in recent years, are 4-12 and have dropped two in a row.Philadelphia nonetheless pushed Cleveland to the limit on Nov. 5, losing 102-101. Cleveland guard J.R. Smith stripped Gerald Henderson of the ball on a drive to the basket in the closing seconds, a play on which the 76ers argued for a foul, to no avail.It was one of the few times the Cavs have been challenged this season.The Cavaliers became the first team in NBA history to make more than 20 3-pointers in back-to-back games when they drubbed Dallas 128-90 on Friday night.Cleveland made 20-for-43 shots from downtown, after going 21-for-36 from behind the arc in Wednesdays 137-125 victory over Portland.We were making 11, 12 or 13 3s (per game), but I thought that we could shoot better, Cavs coach Tyronn Lue told ESPN.com. The last couple games the guys have been shooting really well.Kevin Love drilled 15 of 21 3-pointers in those two games. He scored 40 points against Portland, 34 of those in the first quarter. Thats the highest total in a first quarter in league history and three shy of the record for any quarter.Earlier this season, Love was passing up 3-pointers in favor of trying to draw contact and get to the foul line, but after reviewing film with assistant coach Phil Handy, he decided it was better to fire away.So many guys close out to me so hard, but having my size, Im able to get the ball off quick if I just catch and shoot, Love told ESPN.com. I think I saw that and Ive been able to do that. Thats only going to open up more for everybody. Feels good right now.The Cavaliers are led, as always, by LeBron James, who is averaging 23.5 points, 8.2 rebounds and 9.5 assists.James had a triple-double against Portland, and rang up 19 points and 11 assists against Dallas.Kyrie Irving is scoring at a 23.8 point-per-game clip, while Love is averaging 22.1 points and 10.7 rebounds.James finished with 25 points, 14 assists and eight rebounds in the earlier game against Philadelphia, and Love had 20 points and 11 boards.Irving, however, managed only eight points on 3-for-17 shooting.The Sixers rested prize rookie center Joel Embiid on Friday, when they lost 105-89 to Chicago, the fifth game he has missed this season. Embiid, who underwent two foot surgeries and missed two seasons, is being limited to 24 minutes.Neither coach Brett Brown nor a team spokesman could say on Friday whether Embiid, who scored 22 points against Cleveland in the earlier game, would play Sunday against the Cavs or Monday in Toronto.The Sixers have been without top overall pick Ben Simmons (foot) and veteran big man Nerlens Noel (knee) all season.Cleveland forward Channing Frye will not be with the team Sunday, as his father, Tommy, died on Thanksgiving. Santiago Arias Jersey . JOHNS, N. Dayro Moreno Colombia Jersey . -- Josh Sterk scored once and set up two more as the Oshawa Generals edged the visiting Belleville Bulls 3-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http:///...ata-colombia-jersey/ . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. For secretive F1 teams, the expansion of radio communication is a pain in the aural canal. It is vital in respect of keeping their driver running at his most efficient and effective but it is also a bit of a giveaway when it comes to revealing the extent of any problem. At the end of the day, they will only let us hear as little as they can get away with.Can you imagine what it would be like if all chat was unfettered by privacy and we could hear every word of it? That was the potentially happy state of F1 audio in the mid-1980s when the plug-in umbilical chord linking engineer to car and driver gave way to radio transmission. The difficulty was finding a means of eavesdropping without alerting the parties involved.Discussing this problem with a mate in the pub -- as you do -- he happened to mention a bloke who was into plane spotting at Heathrow and seemed able to listen in to air traffic control. A phone call later and I was introduced to the benefit of the scanner.This may seem obvious now but, back in the day, scanners were as alien to me as a Harrods tea hamper would be to Kimi R?ikk?nen. You could find one if you searched hard enough but they were prohibitively expensive in the UK. The answer, my new-found friend informed me, was to source a scanner in the United States.By good fortune, the Detroit Grand Prix was next on the calendar. Within an hour of arrival, I was choosing my secret weapon in the local Radio Shack store. That was the easy bit. Now I had to discover the frequencies used by the teams. I couldnt give the game away by either asking outright or waving this black box and aerial around in the pit lane.By another piece of good fortune, the answer was provided by my hotel being the towering Renaissance Centre overlooking the pits. For first free practice in 1987, I sat in my room while the scanner did its work, flicking back and forth at a huge rate of knots through the wave band.It was not going to be the work of a moment because the engineer or driver needed to be speaking as the scanner was halted by the sound of activity on that particular frequency. I became familiar with the activities of security personnel, catering staff and one particularly voluble lady ordering cab drivers around the city. At least, I think thats what she was doing since her short, sharp barking of colloquialisms was totally unintelligible. This continued for at least half an hour. Practice was cracking on and, being away from the media centre, I had no idea what was happening on track.Suddenly, clear as day, the authoritive voice of Peter Warr boomed around the bedroom: Okay Ayrton, lets try the Bs. That might help the understeer. Fredy Guarin Colombia Jersey. . Hallelujah! Warr and I were not always the best of friends but Id never been so happy to hear either the voice of the Lotus boss or his mundane reference to a Goodyear tyre compound. We were in!I locked in the Lotus frequency and let the scanner continue its search. Over the space of two practice sessions, I gradually caught a few more big fish in the audio net. A few races later and I had all the top teams. I was now well informed, with the proviso that I could not show my hand by printing anything of a very private or personal nature in my newspaper. But at least I had a decent idea of what was going on and could avoid looking an idiot by making wrong assumptions. This happy state of affairs would continue for a few years until other reporters cottoned on to the scanner ploy and the teams, listening to each other in any case, began to encrypt their messages.Nigel Mansell would be a constant source of entertainment with his constant chatter, particularly during the races when, if everything was going well, he would actually sing to the Williams crew. During qualifying at Suzuka in 1987, I was startled to hear a very strange sound on the Williams frequency. It turned out Nigel had spun off and caused the back injury that would put him out of the championship, the curious noise being a low moan as, strangely, he kept his thumb on the radio button in the aftermath of the shunt.The funniest moment came right at the start of practice for the 1989 British Grand Prix. Derek Warwick had failed to appear at the end of his installation lap with the Arrows.Where are you Derek? I heard Ross Brawn intone. Then a pause before his driver replied. Dunno where I amWhatdyamean Derek?Cant find the entrance to the f---ing pit lane! Im stuck somewhere.This was in the day when Silverstone was flat out through Abbey and into a left-right chicane just before Woodcote. Turns out, when Warwick had raced at Silverstone a few months before in a Peugeot sports car, the pit entrance was actually the continuation of the straight leading from Abbey; in other words, a very fast entry. Nobody had thought to tell Warwick that the entrance had been shifted to the far side of the chicane. Warwick had steamed into what had become an escape road and narrowly avoided contact with a stout barrier.With the use of scanners beginning to become common knowledge, I couldnt resist telling Derek Id heard every embarrassing word. Just as well it wasnt being broadcast on tele... Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: