e-game homestand by taking on longtime rival | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Feb 9 '18
SAN DIEGO -- Kris Bryant probably wont get another first-pitch fastball from White Sox ace Chris Sale when the Chicago Cubs slugger bats against the left-hander during the City Series in a couple of weeks. Blue Bills Jerseys .Back in his college town, Bryant showed exactly what he can do with that pitch -- even against a crosstown rival who has owned him.Bryant hit an estimated 410-foot homer on the fourth pitch of the 87th All-Star Game, providing the biggest highlight of a mediocre night for the NL in a 4-2 loss.I just wanted to get a hit, Bryant said. To have my first hit be a home run is special.The NL lost for the fourth consecutive year, which means the NL Central-leading Cubs wont get home-field advantage if they make the World Series, where they hope to end their 108-year championship drought this fall.But it wasnt the fault of Bryant, whose first All-Star hit was an appropriate blast by the NLs 24-year-old leader in homers.Bryant got a warm homecoming in San Diego, where the Las Vegas native spent three years slugging for the University of San Diego Toreros before the Cubs made him the No. 2 pick in the 2013 draft.Being here in front of whats my second home -- I know a lot of people here -- it really felt special, Bryant said. This will be a couple of days that Ill remember for a long time.Homering against Sale was particularly huge for Bryant, who had been 0 for 6 against the White Soxs star, striking out every single time.I guess this one doesnt count toward career statistics, Bryant said with a grin. Im still 0 for 6 with six strikeouts against Chris Sale. Hes one of the toughest pitchers Ive seen. Hes one of those guys you have to attack, because he has strikeout stuff.Bryant became the eighth Cubs player to homer in the All-Star Game, and the youngest since Augie Galan in 1936. Hes only the second player from a Chicago team to homer against a pitcher from the other Chicago team, joining Magglio Ordonez against the Cubs Jon Lieber in 2001.I like playing here, Bryant said of Petco Park. Its one of my favorite places to play. I see the ball really well here. Maybe its all the sun in San Diego.Bryant added some more color to the All-Star Game in a more literal fashion as well: He changed his cleats three times in four innings, showing off a different shade of shoe each time. He did it for Adidas, which sold each eye-catching shoe online while Bryant was wearing them.First baseman Anthony Rizzo also had a hit for the Cubs, who sent seven players to the midsummer classic. Bryant and Rizzo are on the vanguard of the next generation of NL stars, a fact not lost on their teammates.Youre going to be looking at one of the best hitters in the game, Cubs second baseman Ben Zobrist said of Bryant. I mean, he already is. But the consistency is what you have to see over time to become a legend like Big Papi. A guy like K.B., Rizz, theyre just beginning that. Theyve got a lot of time to be consistent to get to that level, but theyre playing at that level right now. Seeing their mindsets, seeing the way they handle the stage, it makes me think, `How could they not? Womens Bills Jerseys .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. Camo Bills Jerseys . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. http://www.officialbillsnflauthenticshop.com/ . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- It was only one play in a game unfolding as a track meet, and it changed the game entirely.Jordan Whitehead, deep in coverage as Virginia was trying to push the issue and sneak in more points before halftime, stepped in front of Kurt Benkerts pass at the Panthers 41 and never stopped running until Pittsburgh took a 35-28 lead over Virginia into halftime.It was gigantic. It was gigantic, Panthers coach Pat Narduzzi said after the Panthers won 45-31 Saturday. Weve been waiting for one of those picks in that coverage and we finally got one. ... Tremendous football play by him and then he finds a way to get it in the end zone.The play capped a wild half that saw the teams combine for three touchdowns in one span of 63 seconds on a 44-yard scoring run by Virginias Taquan Mizzell, a 93-yard kickoff return by Quadree Henderson and Benkerts 74-yard strike to Olamide Zaccheaus.But it left Cavaliers offensive coordinator Robert Anae accepting the blame for getting greedy in the final 33 seconds of the half.The drive began with 12-yard run by Mizzell to move the ball to the Cavaliers 44. After a spike to stop the clock, Virginia had a receiver wide open on the next play, but Benkert was scrambling, so Anae called the exact same play, hoping the same opportunity would develop.It completely backfired on us, Anae said. That was my fault all the way. I blew the call and put our quarterback in a bad situation.James Conner ran for 90 yards and two touchdowns and Pittsburgh shut Virginia down in the second half.The Panthers (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) held the Cavaliers without a completion in a scoreless third quarter, outgaining them 80-15, and limited them to 108 yards and a 36-yard field goal by Sam Hayward with 2:04 remaining. It was Haywards first career 3-pointer.Virginia (2-4, 1-1) had its two-game winning streak end.Nathan Peterman threw ttwo touchdown passes for Panthers, the last on a shovel pass to George Aston making it 42-28 with 9:47 left. Elite Bills Jerseys. THE TAKEAWAYPittsburgh: The Panthers have scored at least 36 points in six consecutive games, a program record, so offense isnt a problem. Their run defense is statistically solid, but might be artificially so because its pass defense is spotty. Kurt Benkert thrived in the first half, when Pitt had no sacks, but the Cavaliers quarterback seemed rattled after the Panthers sacked him three times in four plays early after halftime.Virginia: The Cavaliers have the capacity to play well for long stretches, but adversity still presents them with challenges that coach Bronco Mendenhall attributes to a history of more failure than success. The adversity against Pitt came in two stages -- Whiteheads interception return touchdown, and when the Panthers came out firing on defense and applied pressure Benkert hadnt seen before halftime.TWO-WAY GUYS:Whitehead isnt Pittsburghs only two-way player anymore.The safety, who also carried the ball three times for 28 yards, was joined in that versatility by Conner, who took a few snaps at defensive end.Weve been kind of working that in and as you guys know, he was recruited as a defensive lineman, Narduzzi said. ... James is a super football player. I was happy he got a hurry on the quarterback and well have a little bit more of that.UP NEXT:Pittsburgh: The Panthers have a bye next weekend, and will then play Virginia Tech at Heinz Field on Thursday night, Oct. 27.Virginia: The Cavaliers continue their three-game homestand by taking on longtime rival North Carolina.---Online: The APs college football page: http://collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Hank on Twitter: www.twitter.com/hankkurzjr ;Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: