well. He has roamed outfields in the majo | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Feb 5 '18
Albert Roca, Bengaluru FCs new coach, is looking forward to bringing a bit of Barcelona - where he was assistant to Frank Rijkaard - to India. White Air Max 90 2018 . Roca fills the large shoes of Ashley Westwood but he says he will try and bring a certain style of football to the club.Foreign coaches come here and they change the forward and central defender, but eventually they dont create any style. Winning the title is good, the supporters are happy, but we have to see that there is something more in connection with the development of football. I know we will have time for that. Its not easy. And if you dont have the players to do that, we have to adapt, Roca told ESPN.Roca began his managerial career in 1998 but was most influenced by Frank Rijkaard, whom he assisted from 2003-2008. He also worked with him at Galatasaray and with the Saudi Arabia national team.While Roca is keen on implementing a certain style of football, he also understands that Bengaluru FC are in the business of challenging for trophies. After winning three trophies in three years, including two I-League titles, Bengaluru fans will expect nothing less.It is important to win and it is also important to show the fans the way we play. Both are important. Implementing that sort of change with the champions is not easy. But in this country (India) we know that there are a lot of things to do. In Spain there has been a lot of work done for the past 80 years and now they are winning everything. Why? Because they wanted to keep the style, our (Barcelona) own style. It was not the strong or athletic style, it was the tiki-taka.Under Westwood Bengaluru won the I-League in their debut season (2013-14), lost the title on the last day to Mohun Bagan the next year and regained the I-League last year. On the pressure of managing a club with so much silverware already and being the defending champions, Roca said he is only looking at the future.We have to look forward. We cannot see the past. The players must know that. It is going to be a difficult season, even more difficult because all the teams would want to beat us because we have been the champions; but that should only motivate us.On asked what kind of style he will bring to the team, he said, It will be difficult to implement the Barcelona style of football in just a few weeks, but my goal would be to play to the best of my ability. The Indian players are open to get information and eventually it will depend on the talent of the players.So are we ready to witness tika-taka in India? Not yet, says Roca.Not tiki-taka, but we will have a similar idea. Its a long way to go. I cant go and say lets play tiki-taka. If it doesnt work I have to be ready for that. Achieving the tiki-taka kind of football has been very tough for Spain and Barcelona and it has taken many years. Imagine how much time I will take in India.Roca has been happy with whatever Bengaluru FC has offered him and he sees this as another challenge in his managerial career. His previous stint was managing El Salvadors national team for a year, while also being an assistant at Saudi Arabia for two years previously. Roca says this experience will help him overcome challenges faced in India.I have not come here to play like Barcelona, I have to adapt. But Im ready for that. Its not the first time I am in this situation. I have been in El Salvador, which is a country similar in terms of talent and we succeeded and everybody was happy with our work. We are open here. This is my first time in India and I dont know everything about other cities, but Im quite surprised with it. Its quite clean and I think its beautiful. Pink Air Max 90 2018 . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shootout for the Marlies (25-13-4). Air Max 90 For Sale . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. http://www.cheapairmax90freeshipping.com/ . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. CHICAGO -- It was soooo easy for those San Francisco Giants to look at the classic October baseball game that unfolded Friday evening at turbocharged Wrigley Field and chalk it up to the minuscule difference between winning and losing this time of year.When you lose a 1-0 game to the mighty Chicago Cubs on a brisk October night, its soooo easy to think it all came down to one pitch. To one swing. To one eighth-inning home run that floated through the Chicago sky and came down in a contraption that doesnt exist in any other ballpark in America.And if thats how the Giants want to look at it -- by which we mean heck yeah, they did -- it would be hard to blame them. But heres another question they might want to ask themselves: What makes them think theyre going to be able to score enough to beat the team with the best pitching staff in baseball?OK, weve noticed its an even year. And yessir, weve noticed that magical stuff happens to the Giants in even-year Octobers. But you want to know what else weve noticed?That when they face the Cubs, every night looks a lot like this night.Since the beginning of September, the Giants now have played the Cubs five times. Want to take a look at how those Giants hitters have fared in those five games? Sure you do. But you might need to sit down first and maybe pour yourself a beverage, because this wont be easy on the eyes.In those five games, the Giants have gotten a total of 20 hits. In 163 at-bats. And if you dont have a calculator handy, that computes to a terrifying batting average of -- ready? -- .123. It also includes nearly twice as many strikeouts (39) as hits (20).You can now repeat after us: Yikes!Of the 10 runs the Giants have scored in those five games, four of them came off Mike Montgomery during a Sept. 1 spot start. In the other four games, they went 16-for-98 (.163) against Jake Arrieta, John Lackey and Friday nights Cubs ace du jour, Jon Lester -- scoring a total of four earned runs in 28 innings.So is that an indicator of whats to come in this attractive little Division Series between the three-time champs and the 103-win juggernaut on a mission to end its towns fun-filled 108 years of suffering? If it is, then Jeff Samardzija, Madison Bumgarner and Matt Moore had better be ready to drop a whole lot of zeros on the scoreboard over the next three games.Asked Friday night if he enjoys hitting at Wrigley, Buster Posey couldnt help but chuckle.Sure, he said. When I get hits.Well, he did get two of them on this night. Thats the good news. The bad news is, his two forays into scoring position (which would be more than all of his teammates combined) converted into zero runs -- because the lineup around him combined to go 0-for-3 with runners in scoring position against Lester and his favorite 102 mph closer, Aroldis Chapman.When youre facing Jon Lester and Aroldis Chapman, youve got your hands full, Posey said, in the midst of an almost dead-silent clubhouse. Hey, wed love to score six off Lester. But the odds of that arent very good.Yeah, you dont need to check the tote board in Vegas to know hes got an excellent feel for those odds. But how much better do the odds get Saturday in Game 2, when the Giants have to face Kyle Hendricks, a fellow who just led the league in ERA and went 9-2 with a 1.32 ERA at Wrigley this season?Do those odds improve a whole lot in Game 3, when the Giants have to line up against the incumbent Cy Young, Arrieta, a gentleman who has allowed a grand total of seven earned runs against them in five starts as a Cub?Then next up, after him, is Lackey. His career ERA against the Giants in the regular season: 2.37. Are we allowed to mention a slightly painful Game 7 win over them in a 2002 World Series that didnt turn out so hot? Oops. We just did. Sorry!So those numbers alone tell you this is one dazzling rotation the Cubs are about to run out there. Just to make sure, wee asked Posey if these guys were as good as the numbers make them look. Air Max 90 2018 Outlet. Lets just say he didnt deny it.Yeah, theyve got good stuff, Posey said. And theyre all a little bit different. Lester has really good stuff, and he commands the ball well. And obviously, the guy weve got tomorrow [Hendricks] commands the ball as well as anybody in the game. Arrieta is a stuff guy, for sure. His ball is moving all over the place. And Lackey is going to compete his tail off. But I mean, thats what you expect this time of year.Since hes speaking as a man who is about as familiar with this time of year as any human on the planet -- from Derek Jeter to David Ortiz to Vin Scully -- you can feel free to assume hes as confident as ever that he plays on a team that will figure out how to make this work somehow or other.Am I confident of that? Sure, he said. Youve got to scratch. But its what weve done in the past.The question, however, is this: Is this lineup as good as it was in the past? The 2012 and 2014 Giants both ranked in the top six in the league in runs scored. This team finished ninth. Over the second half, just two NL lineups (the Marlins and Phillies) scored fewer runs than they scored. So its fair to wonder if what theyve done in the past even applies anymore.A lot of the second half, it felt like most of us were in a slump, first baseman Brandon Belt?said. So thats not as well as we can play. But I think you saw a team more like what youre used to seeing from us in that last week of the season. I think we played more like we should play. And I think that gives us confidence going into these next games, because yeah, were going to face a lot of good pitching, but we know that were capable of winning these ballgames.Oh, theyve slayed plenty of great pitching staffs and plenty of great teams on the road to those three parades, of course. The 2010 Phillies, 2012 Cardinals and 2014 Nationals could tell you all about it. But in Game 1 at Wrigley Field, the Giants got a textbook lesson on what can happen to even a special team when it doesnt score.What happens is this: A game gets decided on a towering fly ball that the left fielder settles under, knowing hes going to catch it -- and instead it plops into a basket that hangs over the outfield wall, because, well, its Wrigley Field. So of course, the only overhanging basket in baseball helps determine who wins and loses a pivotal postseason game.When Angel Pagan was asked afterward if hed have caught Javier Baezs game-winning home run if that basket had never existed, even he couldnt help but smile.Yes. Of course, he said. I was right under it. It looked like it was coming back. It was coming [down], but it was coming back. So I could see the ball coming back, but it was right in the back of the basket. It was right on the edge. But it was good enough.In other words, it caught the very edge and dropped in?I havent seen the replay, but thats what it looked like, Pagan said. I saw [the] baseball. Right before I got to the wall, I saw [the] baseball right there. So you could see that if it kept [going], I could catch it.Pagan uttered these words with more resignation than bitterness. This was life in October. He knew it well. He has roamed outfields in the major leagues for 11 seasons now. He knows there is nothing quite like those baskets in any of the other 29 parks.But its been there for so many years, youve got to respect those baskets, he said. Theyve been there much longer than weve been playing baseball -- or living.Now, he knows, its time for his team to find a way to overcome whatever obstacles present themselves this month -- whether its baseball-eating baskets or bat-eating aces. Or else.Theres no other way, Pagan said. Otherwise, were going to go home. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: