ght now, weve got a flight home. Maybe it wi | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Feb 4 '18
T. Cyber Monday Vikings Jerseys . Boone Pickens alma mater finally has its national football championship.It just didnt come the way the oil tycoon expected. The American Football Coaches Association has named Oklahoma State its 1945 national champion.The AFCA, which made the announcement Thursday, said several schools requested that it establish a group of coaches to select winners from 1922, when the association was founded, to 1949, the year before its coaches poll was first published. Oklahoma State is the first school to be retroactively named national champion. Pickens, a 1951 graduate who has donated more than $500 million to the school and whose name is on the football stadium, was thrilled to hear the news.I was a big fan of that team, Pickens said in a statement. They had some real heroes on it. Those were great years for our athletic teams, including basketball and wrestling. Im glad the football team is finally getting the recognition they earned on the field.Army was The Associated Press national champion in 1945. Oklahoma A&M, as Oklahoma State was called as back then, finished No. 5 in the final AP poll that year. Coach Jim Lookabaughs Aggies won all nine of their games, by an average of 23.2 points.After gathering all the pertinent information and doing our due diligence, it is the pleasure of our Blue Ribbon Commission of coaches to officially recognize Oklahoma States 1945 championship season with the AFCA Coaches Trophy, AFCA executive director Todd Berry said in a statement.The programs Bob Fenimore was a consensus All-American who led the nation in rushing and total offense, and Neill Armstrong was an AP All-American. The roster included seven World War II veterans. The team capped its perfect season by defeating St. Marys 33-13 in the Sugar Bowl.We may have been the best team in the country that year, Armstrong told the AFCA last year. We had a couple of All-Americans and a group of veterans who kept us in check. In practice, we scrimmaged every day. As hard as those scrimmages were, its a wonder that we had anything left for the games, but those scrimmages toughened us and made us better. We had a lot of older guys who had fought in the war and understood that you dont win anything unless you do it as a team.Oklahomas 1950 squad had been the AFCAs first champion.---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter (at)CliffBruntAP . Wholesale Vikings Jerseys .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Womens Vikings Jerseys . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. http://www.cheapvikingsjerseys.net/ . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. LOS ANGELES -- Just three weeks ago, the Buffalo Bills were 0-2 and Rex Ryan appeared to be headed directly for trouble.Ryan and his Bills emerged from the Coliseum on Sunday with their first three-game winning streak in a half-decade and every reason to think this once-problematic season can be memorable.With their 30-19 victory over the Rams, the Bills (3-2) kept pace in the AFC East race. After LeSean McCoy rushed for 150 yards and cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman grabbed two interceptions, Ryan acknowledged that his team has found its groove, and in plenty of time to save its season.It feels great, Ryan said. You know me, Im just an average coach, very rarely won three straight games, so it feels great. Weve just got to go for four now.The Bills hadnt won three straight since winning the first three contests of the 2011 season, which ended 6-10. Buffalos three-week turnaround is remarkable, but it played out logically in front of the stadium featuring a large contingent of long-suffering Bills fans eager to see their team in the Coliseum for the first time since a game against the Raiders in 1992.The defense produced its third consecutive strong performance, limiting the Rams to 345 yards and just one touchdown while forcing three turnovers even without defensive lineman Marcell Dareus, a late scratch after injuring his hamstring Friday.Robey-Coleman made the biggest plays, returning one of his picks for a touchdown in the stadium where he played his college ball. The Bills plus-9 turnover margin is among their greatest assets, Ryan said.I think the big deal is youre seeing 11 guys out there playing as one, Ryan said. They dont want to let each other down, and I think thats a great thing. ... It has nothing to do with individual glory and all that. I think weve sold out to just being a tteam and I think thats how were playing. Authentic Vikings Jerseys. The Bills offense was led by Tyrod Taylor -- who passed for two touchdowns and made enough big plays to counteract a few regrets -- and McCoy, who tore through a Los Angeles defensive line missing three starters. Buffalo didnt overwhelm the depleted Rams, but capitalized on several opportunities for a comfortable win.I could have easily have had over 200 yards, McCoy said.That confidence is worlds away from the Bills state just three weeks ago, when a 37-31 loss to the New York Jets prompted Ryan to fire offensive coordinator Greg Roman. Buffalo hasnt lost with newly promoted coordinator Anthony Lynn in charge, but McCoy believes the praise should go to the entire offense.It wasnt a dominating performance by our offense, or a dominating performance by our defense or special teams, McCoy said. It was all together. Thats a big win.The Bills didnt dominate the Rams, but they proved to be resourceful on both sides of the ball. That adaptability is a key to the three-game resurgence under Ryan.After consecutive wins over Arizona, New England and Los Angeles, the Bills schedule gets theoretically easier for the next two weeks, making a 5-2 start looked eminently possible. Buffalo returns home to host struggling San Francisco before traveling to Miami.Its gratifying for the moment, but man, we know weve got a ton of work in front of us, Ryan said. The gratification will come, obviously, if were fortunate enough to do what our plans are. But right now, weve got a flight home. Maybe it will be gratifying on the way home. Ill overeat, like always, but thats it.---AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ;Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: