rlein for the first time in qualify | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Jan 19 '18
CHICAGO -- Jon Lester carries the 108-year hopes of the Chicago Cubs to the mound for Game 5 of the World Series. Tigers Jerseys From China .In their 177th game of the season, the Cubs are in a win-or-go home situation for the first time, trailing the Cleveland Indians 3-1 in the best-of-seven World Series.Cubs manager Joe Maddon gives the ball to his most pressure-proven pitcher with the season on the line at Wrigley Field on Sunday night.Lester has a 1.69 ERA in the 2016 playoffs with 21 strikeouts and five walks. His rich postseason resume includes 20 games (18 starts), 2.60 ERA and 8-7 record.I dont think you can really take it any different than any other start, whether youre tied or whether youre down or up, Lester said. I think you have to have the same mindset going into it. Its hard enough to pitch this time of year or play this time of year and be successful. I think if youre down 3-1 and youre going in there saying you have to do this, you have to do that to try to stay alive, I think youve kind of already been beaten, you know? Youre not worried about the right thing.The Indians can clinch the franchises third championship Sunday and end their own 67-year drought, the longest in the American League.Clevelands offense created traffic on the bases Saturday for the second consecutive game and bashed two home runs, but the Indians are being anchored by amazing pitching.While Andrew Miller looked relatively human in allowing a Dexter Fowler home run -- snapping a 16-inning scoreless streak -- Corey Kluber went six to win for the second time in four games and set up swagger-filled righ-hander Trevor Bauer to start Sundays potential clincher.The atmosphere on Chicagos North Side has been electric, but the Indians hushed Wrigley with seven runs Saturday. Bauer said he looks forward to the historical challenge before him.The best part of it is hearing them all leave silent, Bauer said.The Cubs beat Bauer in Game 2 and got on the board in the first inning. Terry Francona said he did not considering going with another starter in Game 5.Trevors been a really good pitcher for us for four years, Francona said. If we thought that the finger was getting in the way, I understand it. But hes come so far and battled this thing so much that I think his better game is ahead of him.Lester said he will put extra emphasis on getting ahead of hitters, even if he has to show more than he wants the Indians to see, because of his Game 1 first inning misfortune. A walk, hit batter -- when ahead in the count 0-2 -- and a hit cost Lester the lead.That was the game. Anytime youve got a guy like Kluber going against you, you cant give up much. Then come to find out just how locked in he was, Lester said, reliving Game 1. So like I said, I dont mind giving up hits and giving up homers. Its the walks and the hit-by-pitch that really haunt me in that first inning. So you cant give up free base runners, especially this time of year. You just give them more opportunities to see you. You have to make more pitches.Entering Game 4, the Indians were batting. 202 in the World Series. Francona said the approach at the plate will not change, but the results are adding up. The sparkplug for Cleveland has been shortstop Francisco Lindor, who is approaching Sandy Alomars postseason team record of 20 hits.But depth of the lineup, according to Maddon and Lester, is the real story when it comes to stopping the Indians.You have a lot of contact in that lineup. So that puts pressure on your defense when youre able to do that, Lester said. When you dont strike out a lot, that puts pressure on your defense, and makes you continually execute pitches. And I think thats where they wear the starting pitcher down and get to that bullpen early.Maddon boiled down the edge to two factors: Lesters experience and getting on the board first. The Cubs went up 1-0 in Game 4 and lost, but it was the first time the team crossing the plate first didnt get a win in the LCS and World Series.To have a guy in Jon thats been-there-done-that kind of a guy, and hes been very successful, been a World Series champion, he knows what the feeling is like, he knows what it takes, Maddon said. So its definitely comforting to the rest of the group for tomorrow.So the big thing again is to grab the lead somehow. Grab the lead, hold onto the lead. You dont want to try to fight from behind on these guys because that trilogy (relievers Miller, Bryan Shaw and closer Cody Allen) and theyre throwing out there is pretty good.Francona has consistently programmed a winning formula for Cleveland. Hes 11-1 all-time in the World Series and one win shy of his third ring, Clevelands first since 1948. Franconas magic touch at the lever, from the mix-and-match lineup to uncanny feel for his bullpen, was on display in both wins at Wrigley. Just dont expect him to say as much, preferring to credit his players and support staff.The thing that helps me a ton is the cooperation we get with our players is phenomenal because we do some things -- weve done a few things that are a little out of the box this series, last series, and they handle it, Francona said. Im not sure you can always do that with every player and have it work. Authentic Tigers Jerseys . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Youth Tigers Jerseys . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. http://www.cheaptigersjerseyschina.com/ . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. SEPANG, Malaysia -- Lewis Hamilton took pole position by 0.414s at the Malaysian Grand Prix, putting an end to any doubts over his form following his brief dip in Singapore.Hamilton was faster than teammate Nico Rosberg in all three sectors, but made up the most time in the final corner where Rosberg lost the rear of his car under braking and sailed well wide of the apex. The result puts Hamilton in a strong position to close the gap to Rosberg in the drivers championship on Sunday and puts Mercedes even closer to its third consecutive constructors title.Max Verstappen took third on the grid, 0.570s off Hamilton and just 0.156s off Rosberg. Up until the final run, Rosberg had been behind both Red Bulls and Kimi Raikkonen after running wide at Turn 6 on his first attempt. However, Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo couldnt quite match Rosberg on the second run and instead locked out the second row with just 0.047s separating them.Sebastian Vettel took fifth ahead of teammate Kimi Raikkonen, who made a mistake in the middle sector of his second attempt in Q3 and abandoned the lap. The two Ferraris finished 0.6s clear of the two Force Indias of Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg in seventh and eight, with Jenson Button claiming ninth for McLaren. FFelipe Massa made a mistake on his firanl run and will start the race from tenth. Cheap Tigers Jerseys. .Valtteri Bottas was 0.039s off a place in Q3 after a lock up in the final corner of his quick lap saw him lose out as Button improved and moved into the top ten. Romain Grosjean, who has been struggling with his car all weekend, was a further 0.424s down on Bottas, but took 12th ahead of Haas teammate Esteban Gutierrez. Kevin Magnussen finished 14th, which is something of an achievement for Renault as he edged out Toro Rosso drivers Daniil Kvyat and Carlos Sainz.Marcus Ericsson missed out on a place in Q2 by just 0.121s, but took some consolation from beating Sauber teammate Felipe Nasr to 17th. Jolyon Palmer was also knocked out in Q1 after locking a brake at the final corner of his flying lap. He will start ahead of Esteban Ocon, who beat Manor teammate Pascal Wehrlein for the first time in qualifying, although Wehrlein had a warning light on his cockpit. Fernando Alonso will start at the back of the grid due to his 45-place penalty for engine component changes, and as a result did not bother to set a quick lap in Q1. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: